1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Wishful Thinking by TheGoldenSeraphim - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Athenia, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Athenia

Athenia Groundskeeper

Title: Wishful Thinking
    Author: TheGoldenSeraphim
    Rating: M
    Genre: Post-OotP; Questionable AU (as everything is the same up until HBP)
    Pairing: None listed but it looks like it is leaning towards H/Hr
    Summary: Remus and a few others of the Order discover that Dumbledore has been lying to them. He and a group of likeminded Order members strive to undo the damage Dumbledore has done. But it might just be too late to fix things...

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2949727/1/

This is the only story I have read where Lily and James are alive that I enjoyed. Dumbledore isn't evil, just senile, manipulative and did alot of things wrong. Most of the characters are very canon-faithful and although the Weasleys and Hermione look like they are in it for the long haul, they aren't all that annoying. Its really just getting started now and has a lot of potential, but there is a chance this could fall flat a few chapters down the road.

2. Zero

Zero Seventh Year

It's good. Nothing really exciting happens that you couldn't see a mile off. Dumbledore gets outclassed too easily though. I mean everyone just shouts at him (Fully justified) and he takes it, it looks like he has no back up plan and because he's been found out he just stops being manipulative all of a sudden.

3. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Ah hell, I'm readin' it anyhoo. Wish me luck.

EDIT: Dumbledore does seem to bumble about quite a bit (no pun intended), however, writing style and grammar are nice, not perfect, but fairly solid. Ideas covered have some fairly 'out-of-the-mold' concepts- but enjoyed it nonetheless, since it has been a while since I've read one of these types of stories.

Sirius' Will seems realistic, although a seems a little... poor (money-wise) considering his family. Original take on the teaching of Occulmency- although a bit unreal.

And yes, there is a lot of Weasley- but think of this as a realistic version of canon and not a lovey-dovey happily-ever-after story, and it should be fine. Not sure about the pairings yet.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2006
  4. razz

razz Seventh Year

I read the first chapter. It's good, but I just can't stand any mention towards Abused!Harry.

Agh.

5. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

No way am I reading this bullshit. LMAO @ Harry who won't bow before Voldemort, yet lets his fat muggle Uncle beat him. Pathetic.

Oh yes, I can just see Charlie paying rent to stay with the people who abused Harry his entire life. Absolutely fucking ridiculous, they beat Harry his entire life, and instead of suing/hexing/getting him outta there, they pay them. Brilliant... =/

Last edited: Jun 10, 2006
  6. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    The Harry being abused might be over the top but not exactly unexpected. On a plus note, I don't think there's an excessive amount of artificial angst. And I have to praise the author for her attempt to portray a manipulative but not evil Dumbledore. It's somewhat like the kind of Dumbledore I wanted. I also found the character of a bigotted but anti-Voldemort Bones interesting. She rather seems like how I imagined what Crouch would have been like. Overall, an interesting story that has its moments, I think.

7. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

What a pathetic piece of writing.

The story's only a vehicle for bashing Dumbledore with little rhyme or reason. It is written decently - but only that. Mrriddler, LutrisArgutia, razzle-dazzle-me in this thread alone can do better. Without the slightest pretense or arrogance I can too.

1/5.

Let me put it this way: This is the type of story Kinsfire would set fit to pick up and continue where the original author left off:

Ohwai-

http://kinsfire.fanficauthors.net/Wishful_Thinking/Prologue_By_My_Soul.php