1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    And who pray tell are the witches as it sounds like you know too much?

---------- Post automerged at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Hmm, would this be announced now or earlier. *Owner thinks to herself*

2. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I think Vaimes is a witch oracle. Also, HF is a witch too for those opening posts. This is not RVS banter, I'm quite serious.

It is possible that they don't realize they're partners yet.

vote: Vaimes

3. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Don't think that necessarily makes him town though. I'm still supsicious of him, so I should probably change my vote.

Vote Vaimes

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

dyachei: my team won the recent-ish multiball I replaced into on MU. You were a replacement as well.

5. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Maybe? We will see.

---------- Post automerged at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Bye guys, talk more in a bit.

6. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

In this game, this could be true! ¬_¬

Well not the oracle bit.

7. Rubicon

Okay, after rereading the rules it looks like Oracle isn't a thing, but he can still be a regular witch. Arguably he is more likely to be a witch now.

(I thought for sure oracle was still in this version of WH.)

8. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Vaimes may be a witch just for the number of votes he has right now, re; last game.

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

owner is obvtown. This isn't a pocket, this isn't TMI. She was obvious scum last time, now she isn't.

10. Jarizok

Think he's more weird than scum myself, but /shrug.

11. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    Can someone tell me what an oracle is? I could look it up, but I'd rather hear it from someone

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

It's not really relevant to this game.

Oracle gets mod confirmation at the start of the game that someone is town.

13. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Someone who knows the identity of a townie.

14. Jarizok

Oracle receives a townclear on a random non-holy player at the start of the game.

It's not in this game though.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I can't wait to see which members of the scumteam thinks they'll get me lynched.

16. Rubicon

Oracle learns a random villager's identity at start of game.

It's been discussed as too town-sided when added to the other information roles.

I agree about Owner coming across as townier than in WH8. Notably those two posts about Vaimes.

17. Jarizok

Loool. We're all desperate for that sweet helpful-town cred.

Or we're just nice and helpful. Can't believe that of Fluff though...
    <3

18. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    That was the joke, yes :V

(I doubt Vaimes would say something like that if there even was Oracle in the list)

Uh, the fact there ISN'T an oracle makes me hate this. It's like reflexively doubtcasting to the point of not even verifying the reason to need to doubtcast exists. Lynch: owner

Alright, let me know what in here is stupid and wrong pls:

- Holy roles: I think Bishop wants to announce their info as soon as they get it, Priest...claims with one scum check? Acolyte obviously exposes fake priestclaims if they happen and backs up the Priest if they're not believed, but note Acolyte is still useful even if the Priest dies and no fakeclaim occurs because the Inquisitor can townfirm you and/or scum Inquisitor can be baited into killing essentially a vanilla.
    - Gravedigger/Undertaker: Most likely don't say anything about your info unless 1) you're about to get lynched, 2) town asks something like "GD, claim if player X was scum", or 3) there's a really bad assumption you know is false that is ruining like everyone's worldbuilding. I have a couple thoughts about how to handle a lynch/CC of these roles, but I am unsure if saying it is -EV in case they're scum or it tells scum how to CC them? Any opinions on this?
    - Peeping Tom: Last game I played with this they were advised to save as an extra Judge shot. In this roleset...I don't think there's as much of a slam dunk. Maybe peeping the GD/UT on a night with vital flip information to allow that info to get out without them claiming? Risk there is the GD/UT is scum and you're killed to cover up future lies, and since it's their night info about your flip doesn't get out to expose them (note if you peek scum and they don't like this, they can kill you in response)
    - Pagan: I have no clue how to use this role, honestly. You can't announce it in advance because then any demons just haunt off the desired kill targets, so I guess take your best guess?
    - Assassin: Activate to kill roleclaimed players town wants dead. There's other stuff that's -EV to mention unless it happens, so I won't, but think about other possible applications of your role.
    - Hunter: You may end up directed i.e. "if so-and-so survives the lynch, shoot them in the night". If you're triggered by someone surviving a nightkill instead this is basically a one-shot vigilante kill. You CAN hold your fire, so keep that in mind if you're REALLY not confident you have a good shot.
    - Dirty Old Bastard: Claim this as you get lynched so town can direct you. If you're killed in the night, similar advice to Hunter.
    - Loose Cannon: Same as DOB if you're getting lynched. Loose Cannon can't generally save the town from overrun, but if you survive to an endgame with just you and a scum then you can win the game for town I think? If you're mad and want to activate on someone, PLEASE at least ask them to claim so you don't end up accidentally running over the Bishop just before Halftime.
    - Fortuneteller: Your effectiveness is probably already determined. Report in if your info contradicts a claim, or worldbuilding is assuming things that you know are false.
    - Spiritualist: Your info will probably be requested if it is needed. Otherwise just keep quiet.
    - Inquisitor: Try to find holy players. Keep quiet about any you find, try to steer lynches away from them but not in a way that links back to them if your role is revealed to scum. Check any holy claims immediately, and falsify anyone fakeclaiming a holy role. Back a Bishop halftime claim if you know it to be true, since that's basically a slam dunk win.
    - Ranger: Pretty much just a vig shot. See Hunter night advice. Play conservatively to survive to Halftime if you can, though.
    - Conspirator: You'll know if one of your known roles claims that they're town, and on top of that you know that the roles the Agents have are town. This can be important if e.g. the Gravedigger being town is important. Try to survive to Halftime to get your extra life, naturally.
    - Butcher: Basically the same as Ranger in terms of actions. Don't think trying to hit scum!Conspirator is likely to be possible, and it's not like there's many sources of survival in this setup.
    - Zealot: Back up the Bishop's claim if you both survive that long. Falsify any holy fakeclaims that might appear. Overall, similar to Inquisitor.

also I'm guessing we don't fuck around with the agent/little witch dynamic to avoid giving info to scum when they're deciding?

19. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Why so mean?

20. Rubicon

I'm confused by the bishop role.

---------- Post automerged at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Seems OP?