1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Witchcraft by Avitus - Charmed - PG13

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Avitus, May 1, 2005.

1. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

Alright kiddies, its update time...unfortunately not the type you've been looking forward to.

I've finally started on chapter 6 of Witchcraft, and i've got some great ideas and bunnies for future chapters. i've got about two pages done so far and am hoping for somewhere around a fifteen to twenty page chapter. The title will be Warlocks, and Wiccans, and Wine! (oh my!). Here're some charmed-style spell spoilers for chapter 6:
    I know...my rhyming needs work lol...:?

As for the rest of my works, i've decided to get my stuff in gear so to speak.

1) Witchcraft - 6 - WIP
    2) Alchemist's Secret - 3 - ABANDONED
    3) Sorcerer's Trials - 3 - Re-Write
    4) Will to Succeed - 3 - Complete/Re-Write pending motivation
    5) Transmogrification Effect - 1 - Re-Write w/ Sorcerer's Trials

Sorry to the fans of Alchemist's Secret... it ran away from me and I haven't the inclination to follow it. Although if someone would be interested in continuing it, PM me.

2. Sanctimonius

Sanctimonius Guest

I think this story shows alot of promise... but did you have to bring the Charmed sisters in? The idea's great, but Charmed... blah.

3. Doxkid

Doxkid Backtraced

crap

I’m wondering wtf is wrong with this... muggleborns and other random people swearing on their souls. Where the hell would Hermione read that? How to water down a fic because you can figure out what to write next by Crapulous Shittletyper? sry but I thought this place WASN’T for old use shit like that…sorry but this fic sucks.

4. Sanctimonius

Sanctimonius Guest

hey man/woman... different ppl have different tastes.... and sometimes their tastes suck

although, i'd like to think my tastes are good... ;)

5. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

Re: crap

Here's an idea, learn how to properly put forth your own ideas - meaning go back to school and learn to write the English language. Then, if you have a proper grasp of grammar and its conventions, may you attempt to flame me and my work. I don't understand how you can equate Hermione to not knowing how to swear an oath, considering Hogwarts has one of the most expansive libraries within the Wizarding world. But of course, the lowly "greatest witch of her age" - is a muggleborn, and thus has no idea of how to locate the proper book with which to learn the afore stated oaths from. Said book, by the way, is also readily available to all of the other citizens of magical inclination - especially those like the Weasleys, an old Pureblooded family, who may have had a hand in creating those very oaths.

Secondly, I think I should address the pitiful attempt at a flame, "Crapulous Shittletyper". Firstly, I think it should suffice that every member of DLP is hence OVER the age of FOUR. And therefore did NOT snigger when they read your oh so witty remark.

Lastly, do not presume to "know" what fics are allowed on DLP over a member who has been here since there were scarcely twenty members present. I do not think that I, nor many of the other "Old Timers" appreciate it when trollish noobs deem themselves able to flame ANY fic that has been posted on this site - let alone one that is authored by a member of these very boards. You've lost yourself respect even before it's been gained. Please, don't attempt to reply - I understand that it is far beyond the capabilities of your mind. :microwave:

6. hubem

hubem Squib

Just read the name for your next chapter and having an 'and' after a comma is bad grammar... it should be bah, bah and bah etc.

And Bah owns all!

7. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

I like this. ITs interesting, like the whole Ancients set up.

I also like it that harry isnt a whimp, but he doesnt have to be a nob about it... He says what he thinks, and not the exact opposite to Dumbledore, which seems to happen a lot.

Ps. Please, dont let Draco and Hermione go near each other....

8. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

Actually, titles are "iffy" when it comes to grammar conventions, especially where the author is concerned... I try to use titles that are fun and catch the readers attention (hence "Warlocks and Wiccans and Wine! - an allusion to the Wizard of Oz... Lions and Tigers and Bears...oh my... right... lol) ANYWHO...

Thanks, erm... if you mean Draco/Hermione shipping? Definately not. Just because Draco has sworn his allegiance to Harry (family obligations and all), doesn't excuse his years of rivalry, nor will he and Harry become very chummy.

9. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

Thats good, i got confused by your list of pairings... I reckon if you can whack another 5 or 6 chapters up by the end of the day, I will have your babies...

10. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

I've read this one before, and at the time (2-3 years ago) it was one of the best.

Nowdays, it's still better than average, but it's lost a lot of it's shine.

3.5/5