1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by fontisian, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

But you can try sometimes...

2. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    This made me laugh. Some one offer me some delicious content besides Citrus being oblivious to his silliness in voting for me. He didn't ask about the other people I said I liked but focused just on Jan. That's interesting.

I think Jan talking directly to KaiDash is also interesting in the discussion on the proper mechanics to claiming or not claiming in the case of the Gravedigger.

I don't feel like voting on anyone right now as I have no strong Witch leans at the moment. I guess people could say I haven't giving any 'real' content that they could sink their teeth into to provoke discussion.

I however have gotten Citrus to take a stance for now which is content. It doesn't necessarily mean he's a witch though. I think reasons are over rated for the most part especially on day one. You do things in the game to see what happens in my case at least.

3. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Ok I'll do dlgn.

His posts so far seems almost forced, like he knows what he wants to do but doesn't know how to do it, if that makes sense.

I didn't get that kind of vibe from him last game, so to me it's a pretty abrupt change here.

I'm going to trap people with my priest checks. Because that is the role that I have.

Not that priests are natural traps or anything, but I have the POWER and so I should put it to use.

4. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Oh yeah I didnt like DLGN for claimng vt, because we all know there is no vt in witchhunt, obviously just a stupid joke, but somehow it did rub me wrong in his first post.

then the rob-dlgn thing :

While i thought the last post was kinda funny, it is also really late.
    He knew it a good while ago and that comment only came up the moment Citrus started his little push on rob.
    Might just be me, but I don't like it a lot.

dLGN - could you go let us know what your first post was about?

---------- Post automerged at 01:57 ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 ----------

I agree with your opinion on dLGN for the most part. I have an easy explenation for it myself, but i would be curious how he feels about it.

And yes our priestchecks will help a lot when solving the game, but i didnt assume that she was the priest as well.

---------- Post automerged at 01:58 ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 ----------

explanation* sry for that .. i should go take a nap soon i think.

5. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    what does that interaction mean to you?

6. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

How I know you're not reading the thread.... Kai #28 amongst other Plotless...

I disagree with a couple of your town reads. Slippery has yet do anything I'd call him town for, and I disagree with the coaching thought re: Aria, and I've played with a couple of new scum who have just played like that. I have Aria as a null atm, but I see no reason to town read her either yet.

I do have similar thoughts on Kai, given that he had a more active opening then the last game, but most of it seemed GD discussion related. Maybe I'm still a bit paranoid after Fontisian pushed for the GD thing in my last game as scum, but it's something i'm keeping a heavy eye on.

7. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    i have no idea what I want to do so if you could fill me in that would be great, thanks

8. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

ninja'd: I concur with Kai's thoughts on dLGN in #103

9. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    I am a Rabbi or a RAlloy which is the same thing as a Priest. I am glad we have so many Clergy in this game as it becomes so easy. I am not going to comment on my fellow religious brethren checks as long as we don't all check the same person in the night.

10. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

>still thinks I'm not seriously claiming priest

[​IMG]

11. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Citrus- doesn't Slippery seem more sheep than scum? As in he agrees with other peoples reads on him and is going along with that?

12. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    there was something to it - it reminded me of someone who came into a trolly RVS phase and jumped right into talking about their read of the game and how to interpret what was going on w/r/t site and player metas. i think that's generally probably towny.

not impossible to fake and, to be clear, now that I know that slippery is rob and that he certainly dumbtells as mafia, it means less, but it read as honest to me, so I don't think I'd change my general takeaway from it: town lean.

13. LochNess

Like scum wouldn't straight up say that they don't know why?

14. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Observations:

It seems like six pages of mostly jokes so far, which seems a little pointless but I get it's only the first day. The only major game-related things happening so far seem to be the reads, which I already said I don't really get, and the gravedigger discussion. I'm not really familiar with mechanics, so I don't know if the GD thing is a good idea, but it generally makes me nervous because I feel like I'm missing some way it'll be beneficial to scum. Also, I thought roleclaiming, esp. early on, was discouraged, but this set-up is pretty specific so...

Anyways, is talking about role mechanics/generating discussion based on roles, etc frowned upon? If it is, how else do you generate game-related discussion that's not going to be based on meta?

15. LochNess

The Waco Kid - but how long can a scum play like that (newbie) until people decide that it's worth the risk of them being town because they aren'y contributing? Isn't that a risk for someone to take playing so badly? People can't find a better target and get suspicious?

16. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    I just think it's interesting not that it will necessarily lead to meaning any thing. If I was feeling deeply motivated I would go look at some past games to see what the interactions were like elsewhere.

A lot of the things I find interesting lead nowhere but if I don't solidify it into hard copy at some point I will forget about it.

17. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    by calling you mafia

---------- Post automerged at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

i assume if it caught your attention it made you think and you have some sort of thought about it. so, what do you think?

18. LochNess

^^ Yes thoughts please so I'm not just standing up for you because of a first gut instinct. What was interesting about two people talking mechanics?

19. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

LochNess, probably only a Day or two (see Xanidel barely get a vote in 2 days of S.O.N.G, or Mathblade's relucance to push a D1 lynch on 1st timer Newcomb early in Naruto), but after that point, they could start coaching their partner's posts, making it looking like towny improvement.

---------- Post automerged at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

EBWOP: Xanidel was scum in SONG, Newcomb was town in Naruto

20. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    I think it's too early to tell. My inner speculation has several possible conclusions with the highest being it's more likely a villa on villa interaction at this point. I don't think its a witch on witch discussion between the two at least.

---------- Post automerged at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

The discussion links the two for people to go back and look at in the later days of the game depending on whom the witches kill. I think it's intellectually laziness to do the whole there's one between the two of them so I am going to read them both as Villa at this point.

Discussing mechanics doesn't always indicate alignment though. I am going to share all my secrets this game maybe. Sometimes I deliberately mess up on a mechanical aspect of a game to see who corrects me. Villa is more likely to do so. Sometimes however I just screw up a mechanical aspect with no cleverness involved.