1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Sep 27, 2016.

1. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    [​IMG]

---------- Post automerged at 23:11 ---------- Previous post was at 23:11 ----------

I think that was my first gif of the game.
    I must be maturing.

2. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    He's like bad but not bad, which is kind of where I've been at for a day or so now.

---------- Post automerged at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 AM ----------
    Snowvon, while you are here, any thoughts?

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Your read on tom is weirding me out, tbh.

4. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    As in what?

-like you think I should be taking a more decisive stance on him?
    -or like something else?

5. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    It kind of reminds me of GJ talking about me in OTG.
    Or my read of iso in stargate.

But also town nacho a little.

6. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I guess this kind of proves my point that you only see me as scum.

---------- Post automerged at 02:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

You guys had a Stargate game too? sweet. Where's that game?

---------- Post automerged at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

It's like no matter what I say or do. Tom always seems to want to read me negatively for it.

---------- Post automerged at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

It's like you have hope for me one moment, Tom, but then you instantly through that idea out the window and talk about something else that negatively explains it as an alternative.

7. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I mean, I mostly just see you as a person.
    Like, you seem delightful. I enjoy sparring with you.

I think you're scum for your goals in this game.
    I know thug will want to chime in and call me a pot, but you are far more concerned with looking townie than catching scum.
    And that continues with your read of me. If you are town, my constant push on you should be making you wary of me.
    You should be looking at my posts trying to lynch you and either think I'm an idiot or I'm a witch.
    I just can't see townyou looking at them going "man, this guy has charisma"
    Like, why does that matter if its either wrong or scummy from your POV?

8. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Typhon at the deadline why did you vote for miner when you honestly thought he was town?

9. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    So that "he's too useful to get rid of" thing just doesn't make sense.
    I'm just gonna keep pushing you, so what is it that you think I'm going to accomplish?

---------- Post automerged at 23:42 ---------- Previous post was at 23:41 ----------

Yeah, I think you're either saying what people want to hear or don't want me to flip because that should guarantee your eventual lynch.
    Maybe a little of both.

Either makes way more sense than what you're actually saying.

---------- Post automerged at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 23:42 ----------

Oh, and here

Super dope scumteam, even though it didn't work out at all.

10. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I like having correct reads. Might be a perfectionist thing. Sure, I'm hella wary of you; you just don't see paranoia or worry that I'm shielding from you guys. I guess I'm trying to stay calm and collected, maybe to not seem like a total whack job. Or maybe trying to see how much I can play around with things that I don't usually play around with. (for example: concealing my worries, wifom, and maybe low self esteem)

I see both worlds, the idiot you and the witch you. Maybe I like the idiot you better, because deflating that ego of yours does seem rather fun.

Jan and TDS might also have something to do with me leaning more towards the idiot world than the witch world. (I'm only saying idiot as that's the word you used. I'm not trying to offense in any way. *I'm clarifying this because of what Jan brought up to TDS about the way he talked earlier on in this game.*

What do you think town me looks like? (just out of curiosity)

11. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I'm not sure, but if you are town and want to change my mind stop self censoring and give me an earnest view of the gamestate.

Do you feel we're in a good position?

12. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Maybe, I think you are something that you're not. But I'm not going to go out of my way to test it in most scenarios.

Thanks

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'm gonna go ahead and echo tom a bit.

owner's saying she likes tom's charisma and wants to keep him around because he's an asset, even though tom very much wants to lynch owner. She is not at all worried about him succeeding.

???

I dunno, it's unsettling.

---------- Post automerged at 02:58 ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 ----------

Like.

If owner is town and thinks tom is town, she should be trying to convince him that /she's/ town so tom will stop wasting time tunneling her.

If owner is town and thinks tom is a Witch, she should be voting for him.

If owner is a Witch, then she's just stalling.

---------- Post automerged at 03:06 ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 ----------

bed for real, gotta wake up to do laundry before afternoon classes

bye

14. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Yeah, I probably shouldn't say this but the only way it makes sense is if she's priest and checked me.
    I have been known to scumread cops.

15. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I'd feel 100 times better if we had reveals. I don't like this constant state of uncertainty. I don't know about rob. If this was a DailyMafia game, survey says when you don't have a read on someone you just vote for them in most cases. So I should maybe probably vote for him. But I don't know. I kind of would like him to be town, but there's no guarantee that he is. You've been pushing on people. Rob/Slippery does stuff here, and there but I don't necessarily get a sense for his voice. Like you'd be a booming/roaring mountain lion while Rob is a little lamb. I'm not feeling him making waves. I wonder if he's not town there (then like would have town!rob have consulted the thread about how to use his action or not).

The state of game is hard for me to wrap my head around. I feel like newcomb is town for the huge posts / detailed analysis when he's around, but then again he's our lowest poster in this game who hasn't been replaced or has died. i don't want to think about it being an act. But my mind worries about it. But miner did have some moments where he did feel pretty townie. maybe I should have voted for rob yesterday. *sighs*

Owner stop rambling you keep making tangents off of his question.

The state of game is average. I do think it's still anybody's game. Sure we have vira out of the way, but there's rest of witches. plus there's the two kills when there's only 1 witch left. I've been meaning to figure a way to analyze the numbers to figure out when mylo would hit when 1 witch has 2 kills per night. But there are so many other variables to take into account.

If I say the game is going well, I feel like that's too cheap or fake as it is always wrong to underestimate the enemy, especially when the playing field is still very uncertain.

---------- Post automerged at 03:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------

Oh hey, we have something in common. I scum read cops sometimes too. The paranoia is too real, and being confirmed town is sometimes annoying as well.

---------- Post automerged at 03:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 AM ----------

You reading town for roleplaying; now that was unsettling. But I'm over it.

I'm trying. I guess that means you expect more out of me than what I have put forward so far.

16. Story Content: Vote Count 3.1
    Citrus

Citrus First Year

Vote Count 3.1

Current Vote Count 3.1
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SlipperyAxII (2): Snowvon (#770), FonTyphon (#771)
    Owner (1): Tom (#784)

Not Voting (6): Jan, Newcomb, KaiDASH -> Mallorean, Koalas, Mistress Owner, SlipperyAxII

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to soft lynch (when day ends, such a player will be lynched).
    With 13 alive, it takes 2/3 * 9 rounded up = 6 to hard lynch (day immediately ends with the lynch).
    Without a hard lynch, Day 3 ends in 72 hours

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Hello ..

I need some help and maybe some can explain some things to me.

First things first :

Look at yesterdays EoD, why were so many lurking/not caring too much when to votes were very very close?
    When Citrus said the Typhon vote would not count, I was curious if we have a judgekill (i had not counted votes at the time myself)

I would ask everyone that was not posting in the last 30 minutes of the day to explain why.
    If you think one of the people is scum, then you should convince others.
    If you think one of them is town, then you should convince others.
    If you have no idea, then you should try to find out their alignment by either reading up or talking or both.

Unless your thought was that both miner and slip are witches you have no valid reason to do nothing. (if you are around)

The other one is a bit more selfish, but can someone explain to me how and why slippery as witch from his point of view :
    1. softs nurse to me and asks me to roleclaim
    2. when i don't do it and talk about that we maybe should +life newcomb
    3. then does it after i give reasons to why newcomb is town.

The only world he does that would be if he is with Newcomb.
    He has close to 0 chance to win if Newcomb is town because it takes a long while for him to die.
    He has to either keep his partners alive or get Newcomb to be the last town in a final 2 situation (in which the angels might be able to save the other person).
    Both of which are very hard to do in this game.

You could argue that he wanted townreads for that move, but he has not pushed a lot of hard reads at all this game.
    So he is not protecting any partner unless it is Newcomb.

People who are arguing for a slippery lynch should not say "i did not like that move and therefor you are scum".
    Make the next step. Tell me why he is scum, tell me who are/is his partner(s).
    Are any people always town in that world?

---------- Post automerged at 18:33 ---------- Previous post was at 18:27 ----------

For the people who did not get slipperys inital soft :
    You know Jello .. the thing you get to eat all the time when you are in a hospital.
    That is a stupid soft that took me a little while to get.
    My first thought was that he loves green yello and if softing a green because of the word favorite jello. That is mostly because I am always looking for softed greenchecks on me in case someone wants to roleswap.
    Anyways, afterwards I realized the real meaning.

I have trouble seeing him making that remark as scum .. not impossible but that would be planned ahead a lot.

18. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

But what does that actually mean?

owner, don't take this the wrong way, but I feel like you're just townreading me when I post stuff, and scumreading me when I'm not here.

Me being here or not being here is entirely separate from my alignment and entirely contingent on RL.

Like. If you're town, read my ISO. Look at the things I've said. Do you think I secretly have information you don't, or am I genuinely trying to figure things out? Do you believe that I believe the cases I've made? I made a pretty big case on Miner and he ended up flipping town. Go read it. Do you think I believed it? Look at me through that lens, then make your assessment.

I feel like I'm starting to see what Typhon meant by you being a caricature of town. Like - I'm comparing and contrasting your approach to me and Jan's approach to me. The end result of both has been townread but with paranoia, but Jan is actually taking the extra step to like, try to figure me out, IMO. Whereas with you I just don't get the sense that you're actually invested in making a real assessment.

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I want people that want him dead to make a case.

A case that does not say "his move was stupid/bad"
    A case that does not say "I don't like/get his playstyle".

Give me something real. Do some work, for once.

This game has been fairly lazy by most people so far. (in that there have not been a lot of well built cases).

---------- Post automerged at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:41 ----------
    Newcomb I am less sure on you after the Miner push and being afk at EoD.

Might be bad timing with leeroy kill the first weekend of play and all that, but I hope you are doing some work over the weekend (i will try to do some myself, or just continue playing darksouls.)

On an upside .. the longest game of mafia went back into hibernation mode and i died n1 in the hydra game (i don't think i have ever been this hard townread with that little effort in a game).
    This is my only active game for a while, yaaay!

20. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I'll take a closer look at Slip if you give me some words on the possibility of Mal IK'ing to proc the Hunter shot. Likely or unlikely?

---------- Post automerged at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Goddamnit Jan there's literally nothing I can do about not being around for EoD during the week. It's just not practical to have my phone on me at work.