1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Efforted in it felt like they were both genuinely interacting or that it felt scripted? Linking me to your post talking about it might be easier.

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

A reason for what?

Although the answer is probably "yes"

3. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Oh!
    My answer to your question was "shrug"
    To expand, they seem like old friends who just fall into a natural rapport. I may look later to see if there's more to it than that, but not today.

I, tom, am efforted out, meaning I'm gonna do no actual work the rest of the phase except shitposting and waggling my eyebrows at thug.

---------- Post automerged at 17:21 ---------- Previous post was at 17:20 ----------

Most newcomb post ever.

4. Koalas

High Score:
    Uuugh. I'll bite. I didn't see miners role card.

5. Newcomb

Still confused.

---------- Post automerged at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Oh wait. You're asking if I had a reason for not sharing Miner's flip and didn't see I had?

6. Koalas

High Score:
    Pretty much. And I combed your post. Apparently I need sleep

---------- Post automerged at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Would explain why no one else questioned you on it

---------- Post automerged at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Posted reasoning for not sharing or posted miner's flip? Cause I have read through your posts toDay 3 times and I am not seeing what you're talking about Newcomb.

On that note would you mind linking some of the solid D1 posts you thought owner had? I'd like to c&c.

7. Newcomb

I posted Miner's flip. He was town. It was the first thing I posted toDay.

I'll pull up the owner stuff tonight.

8. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Just sheep me newcomb.
    Look how many words I typed. It must be good.

9. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Because when it rains it pours, I've got a family emergency thing going on. I'll be back when I'm back, sorry for the disappearance here.

10. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Typh are you voting owner yet?

11. Newcomb

Koalas

2nd quote is directed at Vira. Context kinda matters for the first one; it was the end of an exchange.

---------- Post automerged at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

[​IMG]

12. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Thug I need you.
    No one has a vote down. Make them do it.

2-1-1 wagons.

---------- Post automerged at 00:50 ---------- Previous post was at 00:35 ----------

mallorean_thug
    [​IMG]

13. Koalas

High Score:
    I can see what you're saying New. But I was also getting a very.. self-awareness vibe from owner's posts. 50 and 173 I don't particularly like on rereading and her read list in 355 reads like a mash up of tom's, Jan's and your reasoning. Opportunistic in other words.

14. Newcomb

quick pop-in

I was hoping to sit down and do some work this morning but the hydra game I'm hosting on MU needs multiple subs and EoD is this afternoon and I gotta focus on that.

I don't suppose any of you want to sub in? well any of you minus Jan.

Also Mal, meta cases?

15. Story Content: Vote Count 3.2
    Citrus

Citrus First Year

Vote Count 3.2

Current Vote Count 3.2
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Owner (2): Tom (#784), Snowvon (#839)
    SlipperyAxII (1): FonTyphon (#771)
    FonTyphon (1): Owner (#846)

Not Voting (5): Jan, Newcomb, KaiDASH -> Mallorean, Koalas, SlipperyAxII

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to soft lynch (when day ends, such a player will be lynched).
    With 13 alive, it takes 2/3 * 9 rounded up = 6 to hard lynch (day immediately ends with the lynch).
    Without a hard lynch, Day 3 ends in 30 hours

Mod notes: Fon-Typhon is V/LA for the next few days

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

/fluffy pop in

I'm having my lunch break outside during the hurricane because the indoor seating of my restaurant is filled with mouth breathers.

/fluffy pop out

17. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Hey guys, you know whats fun?

Voting.

18. Koalas

High Score:
    /Discussion

Then again I'm not suprised. The resigned scum vibes are strong with this one.

19. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I got to play D&D this morning. I haven't played it in over a year. It was quite refreshing.

---------- Post automerged at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

Hey yeah, I'm already doing that.

---------- Post automerged at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

I guess I had higher expectations for Newcomb when he said "he'd pull up the owner stuff". But I guess two quotes are better than none.

---------- Post automerged at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

I should probably have a late lunch too, but I don't know I get distracted sometimes.

---------- Post automerged at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

hmm where did mal go? he was just viewing the thread about a minute ago..hmm

---------- Post automerged at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Even modding no reveal games gets to me. It, this game, feels like it's too long to be uncertain about almost everything, but the funny reality is that is how life really is. In most cases, I wouldn't know how my actions will in impact my long timeline of events called my life. But day in and day out, I'll probably still be seeking for ways to control it, ways to define it, explain it, or just comprehend the magnitude of what my decisions really mean and how that can help to make up my mind or create my own way.

20. Newcomb

Okay this thread needs a jump-start.

@Jan; compare and contrast Slip giving me an extra life here with Snow needing to be talked into giving Sotek an extra life in WH13. I think what it comes down to for me is, the level of trust he'd have to have in you to just hold his nose and +life someone he wasn't particularly townreading seems like it would generate more of him and you mindmelding and obviously being on the same page and trying to figure out the game together. On a holistic level I was surprised by the move; it didn't feel natural. I would have bought tom +lifing me there but from Slip it felt weird.

I do understand the point you made to Mal, like - okay, if all that's true, look at how much shade he got by doing that, why would he do it as mafia? And I guess I'm just thinking back to all the games we've played together when scum have felt kinda backed into a corner and made -EV moves because they felt they had to.
    Typhon; let's say I roll into the thread tomorrow and confirm owner was mafia. Mal shot Slip, the game is still going on, there is one alive. Who ya got?
    Koalas; I kind of purposefully didn't go into detail about those owner posts I quoted; what do you think about them? What do you think about owner? You've said a couple times that Slip was unlikely to be with Vira. On the other hand you've cast quite a bit of shade his way this game. Gun to your head: is Slip mafia here?
    mallorean_thug; it feels like at this point you can only be holding back intentionally. I've asked for your meta case like six times, and you peaced out after claiming Hunter. If you want me to consider tom, your window's kind of rapidly shrinking.
    Snowvon; I roll into the thread tomorrow and tell you owner was town. Now what?

@SlipperyAxeII -

This is a decent post and I agree with a lot of the points you're making but this doesn't make me want to lynch anyone. You should fix that.
    owner

Are you the Survivalist? Yes/no/not answering

Vote: Owner