1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Wizard vs. Muggle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skeletaure, Dec 24, 2006.

?

In a fair hypothetical fight, who would win?

1. Wizard

63.7%
  2. Muggle

36.3%
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Simply thinking the spell doesn't make a come. There are still precise wand movements involved that take time. I can't simply say Wingardium Leviosa. I have to swish and flick.

As for how tough these animals are, and how tough there skin is, canon only says they are impervious to spells. A stunning spell is nothing compared to a missle flying down upon it's head, or body, or what have you.

The last muggle vs. wizard war mentioned in canon caused the wizards to go inside, and rarely venture into muggle society. Mainly because of overzealous purebloods making magic known to society. Muggles tried to execute the wizards they caught, wizards they caught without guns and machinery, and tried to burn them. Since society has advanced, I say it would be a shitload easier to catch them, and kill them.

Also, the Royal family, and the Prime Minister of England already know about magic. All it takes is one mysterious death of a high ranking officer, and the Royal family or PM will recognize that this was magic. Then wizards have their element of surprise taken away.

2. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:

Have you bothered to actually read the other posts?

I stated that it was impossible for the wizarding world to control the muggle world. You can't enslave 20,000 people on your own, its impossible. The wizarding world hides from the muggle world to stop themselves from having to put up with constant requests for magic solution, constant attempts by muggles to exploit them and so forth.

If it came to war, wizards would make muggles suffer horrifically and then go back into hiding. Wizards would quite literally push muggles back into a pre-industrial era, destroying the centres of learning, of government, of trading, or banking, of industry. Then they would return their own areas and continue to live as though nothing had happened.

3. Dark Lord Rostam

Nowhere in my post did I talk about control. I'm still talking about a war. I'm saying that it's highly doubtful wizards can keep their advantage of secrecy, especially when the PM of Britain and the Royal Family know about magic. Maybe you should read the other posts, especially deathinapinkboa's most recent post about secrecy.

4. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sorry, I was posting in response to Mordac, you posted whilst I was typing.

5. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

The reason that wizards haven't just destroyed muggle society is because there is no reason to do so for the majority of people. Yes, a small percentage of the population hates muggles but it isn't the same as if a full scale war was going on. Muggles have no idea that magic even exists and any freak sightings are obliviated or given the excuse of 'aliens.' Until the muggles somehow figure out that magic is real and theoretically try to destroy it there is absolutely no reason for wizards to start blowing things up is there?

And this thread really needs to just get locked for good. Neither side is even close to giving up- though I think the pro-muggle side should have a long time ago. I do like debating though so I'll put in my two cents again.

All the pro-muggle arguments are based on what would happen in modern day muggle fighting if muggles fought with guns and wizards fought with wands. Yes, I admit that if an army of muggles with artillery and planes and machine guns and napalm went against an army of wizards with wands and brooms and no dementors the muggles would most likely own total Halo 'Slayer' style. But wizards wouldn't fight like that once they learned that they would get their ass kicked if they did. They would apparate in, take a few shots, and apparate back out. There wouldn't be any of this apparate in circles so the super skilled muggle shooter is able to shoot where the 'crack' sounds. Wizards would go in, throw a loud of AK's, and leave again in seconds. Total magical ass kicking. Magical > Muggle all the way.

All bombs and artillery and guns are nearly useless against magic because of things like wards, banishers, and vanishers. And this whole muggleborn traitor thing could be taken care of easily by oaths and vows and veritiserum. There are no 'enemy lines' to a war between wizards and muggles. Wizards live within muggle society and going in and blowing them up isn't going to work because of this- and just to say it again muggle planes wouldn't be able to find them anyways and this mystical traitorous muggleborn isn't going to be able to get inside Diagon Alley with this super bomb because they are going to have a bit more protection than that.

And all this is without dementors feeding on millions of souls and without any of Mordecai's plans to destroying muggle everything and send them back to the dark ages without them getting a shot in. Muggles wouldn't be able to find the wizards to kill but wizards have no such problem. Wizards win. End of story.

6. Dark Lord Rostam

First, Muggles do know magic exist. Read the 6th book.

Second, no wizard, besides Dumbledore or Voldemort, can simply apparate in, throw some AK's, and simply leave. First, you need to apparate in, which requires energy and concentration. Then, Moody says that the AK consumes a lot of magical energy, so they might be able to fire 1. That is if they get it off in time to avoid the bullets that come when there is a loud crack behind a horde of muggles. Oh, and they manage to do the incantation and the wand movements in time. And to apparate fast enough, they have to concentrate again, while under pressure to get out fast, and low on energy. Most wizards are not Dumbledore or Voldemort. That is what all the Wizard advocates seem to think. Most are inbred retards.

Also, you're a dumbass if you think you can send people to the Dark Ages. They still have the technology, therefore, you can't simply make them primitive. They already have the capabilities to build these things, and they always will build these things.

Also, a banisher wouldn't work fast enough to send back bullets. And who say's that a ward can stop physical objects.

7. Lorelei of the Sea

Lorelei of the Sea Unspeakable

One thing that I just realized- all the pro-muggle arguments are based on the fact that muggles have artillery and guns. What's to day that wizards can't get those as well? Wizards have magic, sure- but what would stop them if they apparated to a military base and stole everything? With reduction charms and invisibilty cloaks, they could do it. However, magic is something only wizards can do. While a wizard can get on a dragon and bomb muggle areas, muggles can't do magic. The end.

8. Krull

Krull Denarii Host

This thread is getting excessively lame and the arguments are getting repetitive.

So here are my thoughts on the matter ( summed up in a pretty little picture)

[​IMG]

9. Dark Lord Rostam

Because the wizards that do control the wizarding world, purebloods, despise muggle anything. While some smarter wizards might in fact do this, who's to say they can even penetrate these rooms. Remember, muggles know about magic, and use magic in certain areas to protect muggle environments.

I'm with Krull on this one, this is getting repetitive. It's time this topic is closed.

10. Gabrinth

EDIT: I actually didn't mean that annoying smiley to be up there. I'm not particularly annoyed.

First, who knows about magic? The PM and the Queen. Yes, if they saw a high ranking official die from a killing curse then they would obviously know that it was magic. But don't you think that if wizards were going to suddenly plan a surprise attack that they wouldn't obliviate the PM and Queen of any knowledge of magic before hand? And who ever said anything about a surprise attack. Wizards would win whether they attacked first or the muggles did.

Now that you brought it up: Surprise attacks. Could muggles have secretly been planning how to take down wizards for hundreds of years? Maybe, but couldn't the same maybe be applied to the DoM? Who says that they haven't been secretly planting muggleborns in high muggle ministry positions to systematically wipe out all muggle Government leaders in one fell swoop.

And all it would take is a little bit of training and I am sure that a wizard could pop in, shoot a killing curse or two, and pop out again. And it would only take a few anyways. Five strong wizards popping around London capping mother fuckers left and right before popping away to do it somewhere else in the city.

And, no, I don't think that his 'send them back to the dark ages' plan would work they way he says it would but it would destroy communications and food supplies and ammo supplies and a muggle without any of that is like a wizard without a wand.

And whose to say that there isn't a physical shield? Dumbledore used that shield that made a gong sound in the Ministry. Isn't there a chance that that is a real canon shield that can block physical attacks?

EDIT: And Krull, YOU CAN'T NUKE YOUR OWN FUCKING COUNTRY!!!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  11. Lorelei of the Sea

DLR- I'm not even going to bother poking all the holes in your post. I do agree, however, that this thread is getting ridiculous.

12. Gabrinth

Good deal! :)

13. Krull

Krull Denarii Host

IF YOUR COUNTRY IS ALREADY IN RUINS AND YOU'RE ABOUT TO BE TOTALLY ANNIHILATED THEN I'M INCLINED TO DISAGREE WITH YOU.

(see? I can use caps lock too)

14. Dark Lord Rostam

Lorelei: You say there are holes in my post, point them out instead of simply saying there are.

HBP: You do realize that there is more then one country, correct? Let's say the wizards do obliviate the PM and Queen, or wipe out all their government leaders, other countries will not necessarily do the same. And since there are other countries, there are more muggles then wizards.

Even if you manage to take out some high government people, armies are still there. Wizards cannot destroy an entire army. In order to do that, magic has to be made known, and that's when they fail. There is power in numbers.

15. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sorry, but I have to say one more thing. Think about the war with Voldemort. They had spies everywere, even in wizard governments where they had magic to try and detect such things. In the muggle world, the Death Eaters killed many, many people and all the MoM had to do was throw out a few memory charms. What's to say that it couldn't be a slow going eradication?

Here's a scenario. MoM decides muggles are getting to dangerous. They send in aurors and hit-wizards, they kill everyone in the town (who can't get away nor telephone anyone as it wouldn't be hard to cut off communications) and then leave a single reporter and memory charm the fuck to believe it was a gas explosion or something.

They go from town to town, city to city, and destroy everything in their path. The muggles have no idea, they've been memory charmed, and they are out trying to fight some terrorist group on the Mainland or something.

You take out the Royal Family and PM (how hard would that be with an invisibility cloak, a couple of curses -of course they can't be AKs in DLR's eyes as those take up far to much energy to use more then one- and a few well placed memory charms?) Camera's can't do shit. You see them drop dead and that's it. Sniper bullet for all they know.

Their could be no war, it's one-sided. The war with Voldemort didn't have muggles fighting back against Voldemort's terror, they had no clue. It was the wizards who were fighting it for them. But what if those wizards were now ready to kill the muggles as well?

This can also be applied to other countries as it would have to be a world-wide thing for any sort of genocide of muggles to start. If it wasn't, the British wizards would quickly be taken down by the wizards around the world. Thus, DLR, that point is moot.

16. Lorelei of the Sea

DLR- The wizards who hate muggles are in a minority. That's why the word Mudblood is an insult. That's why Voldemort is not the Minister of Magic. Occasionally you get a crazy fucker like Lucius Malfoy, but that's rare. Also, you say that they will use magic to protect certain areas- the cardinal rule is that Muggles Can't Do Magic. You say that they can get a muggleborn to cast wards, etc. But I doubt that a cursebreaker can't take those down. About your point about other countries- if the PM of Britain is obliviated, then why aren't the leaders of other nations?

Krull- see my point about time travel.

17. Gabrinth

My last post on this thread whatever happens:

There is absolutely no reason for a war against the muggles. If the wizards did for some reason decide to attack and take over than they would all do it or we all know that they would lose. If wizards fought against muggles army against army in a civil war like battle than muggles would win. In real life that shit wouldn't happen and wizards would go Vietnam on the muggles and the muggles would eventually lose or just allow the whole world to be obliviated again.

And Krull you have added nothing to this thread but 'Blow shit up!' and your logic is pretty out there. 'So our country is nearly destroyed already by this war so we might as well go all the way, huh! Come on mother fuckers if we can't have the world no one can! HAHAHAHA!' That's about the same as the time paradox idea which was quickly shot down. If the muggles ever use nukes again then we all lose.

EDIT: I said this was my last post and I am sticking to that but I will clarify my first paragraph. What I meant is that Wizarding Britain could not take on eight billion muggles alone. The largest advantage that wizards have is the fact that the are so firmly entrenched in muggle territory already that the Guerrilla Warfare tactic would do some seriously major damage. So if wizards ever did assault muggles than it would have to be all wizards in each country. If just Britain tried to do it then the British muggles could evacuate and Krull's nuke idea finally comes into play logically. And Tyler, fuck you dude.

18. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Jesus you two, a theoretical war with the muggles was what this entire thread was about! 'Wizard vs. Muggle' anyone? It doesn't matter if, as of now in the books, wizards won't try and kill off all the muggles, we are talking about a war later in the future where the wizards decide to say bye bye to the muggles. Think, twin, before you post stupid things.

19. Dark Lord Rostam

Lorelei: Despite Pureblood being in the minority, who controls the Wizarding Britain, Purebloods. Your still wrong. About other countries: who says that wizards in other countries even have motives to do it.

Kolskit: Nah, I'm not saying Ak's take up far too much energy, J.K Rowling is. Also, a Sniper bullet would leave a large hole, it's impossible to believe that it is a bullet, and not something else. It doesn't even matter if you think they can supposedly go city to city. Eventually, they will fuck up. There are a lot more muggles, muggles that know about magic. You cannot simply go to every mudblood family, and tell them to ignore the slaughter of thousands. Magic will get out, and wizards will lose.

HBP: Clarify your first paragraph. Are you admitting that muggles would win?

20. Krull

Krull Denarii Host

Yes, if we can't win this war why let the other motherfuckers win it? I, for one, don't see any flaws in my logic.

EDIT: My post was directed towards HBP, just to avoid any confusion...

Not open for further replies.