1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Wizard vs. Muggle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skeletaure, Dec 24, 2006.

?

In a fair hypothetical fight, who would win?

1. Wizard

63.7%
  2. Muggle

36.3%
Not open for further replies.
  1. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

If the wizarding world is united, I think they would win. The answer to all these questions of why they haven't yet taken out the muggles is that they are not united.

Should the vast majority of wizards decide that muggles needed to die, it would be possible.

http://www.wildbirds.org/apidesay.htm

2. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Which is exactly what I have been saying. Britain could not take the muggle world alone because then it wouldn't have the Guerrilla Warfare advantage. But if the wizards all over the world fought then it could be done easily.

3. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    If we use Belerdorhan's idea of there being 328,851 wizards in the world, and we say purebloods are in the minority, let's say there are 60,000 Purebloods.

That leaves 268 ,851 other types of wizards. Let's split it equally, and have there be 134,425.5 half-bloods, and 134,452.5 mudbloods. That means, we have 403,276 parents that know of magic. Then we have to count siblings. That means, we have more people, muggles, who know of magic, then actual wizards.

If they all tell people about magic, the wizarding world is fucked, and split, because some half-bloods are partial to the muggle world, and mudbloods would also be. Hard to be united then.

That is one big jumble of a paragraph, but I think I made some kind of point.

4. Hadoren

Hadoren High Inquisitor

HBP, did you see the 1st point I made in the post? The one about canon? The one that took up half my post? The most important one in this thread?

I see not a rebuttal.
    Thank you for acknowledging the fact that wizards can not win the war through guerrilla warfare.

5. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

I think that muggles can find unplottable areas. Just look at the Granger's. Two normal muggles are able to find Diagon Alley. So I guess that a muggle either, needs A) a wizard with them to enter a magically protected area, or B) if they already have knowledge of the place they can enter any time. If the muggles get a wizard on their side that wizard can show the right people how to get in. And it happens in every war, traitors WILL happen. And I am not saying that there won't be muggle traitors, but I think a wizard traitor is much more devastating to the wizards. Muggles can't learn magic, but they can learn to understand it. They can grasp the theories and stuff.

Numbers are always important in war, but they don't necessarily mean instant win if you have a larger army. Let's look at US history; Revolutionary war, British out man the American 4-1, America wins; Civil War, Union out mans Confederates by a lot, Union wins. So the numbers game doesn't work sometimes. They are important for lasting long in the war, if the Union didn't have so many people they would have lost the Civil war, which by the way, a war of Attrition was used by the Union.

I think we are also over looking the religion factor. If the wizarding world were made public, I think there would be a very large religious out cry
    considering a large portion of the world population are Christan. Hell, they have a problem with the books promoting magic, imagine if there were real wizards in the world.

Someone mentioned the ministry attacking muggles and blaming it on a gas leak. Sorry, but I don't think that would sit well with a lot of muggleborns, especially if their family is one of those "gas explosion" victims. If anything they would either petition the MoM, if that doesn't work, they go to the muggles and all hell breaks loose.

Unlike some, I don't think a war between the two would be a snap bang job. It would probably be long and bloody. In the end I think muggles triumph, but not before losing a shit load of people.

In reality it would be a war of attrition in a way. ANY death for the wizards is UNACCEPTABLE, be it war or just sickness. Their population is so small one death is equal to a few hundred muggles, if not thousands. Attrition is essentially beating your enemy into submission using your size, you sacrifice many in order to take a few, a few that the other side can't afford to lose.

The reason the war would last for a while IMO is because of the ability of a wizard. The ability to apparate would no doubt save lives and would enable them to take many lives. Though the problem with apparation is that people just say "Pop in, kill a few, run." I was under the impression that you had to know the destination of where you are going to apparate there (or is that fanon?) I can't imagine a wizard knowing what the inside of a military base looks like to apparate in.

Just my two cents.

6. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

This has gotten stupid, and served it's purpose. Besides,everyone knows a sniper rifle headshot to a wizard from 2 miles away is greater then the guy being able to teleport =P Can't defend yourself against something you don't knows coming!

Not open for further replies.