1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

World of Darkness

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Odran, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Basically, I'm looking for any decent fanfiction that are based on the World of Darkness.

For those who have no idea what WoD is, here's a brief summary:

Mind you, that's the summary for what is known as the old/classic World of Darkness. There's a new one, but I don't have all that much interest in those. That said, if you want to post about some fanfiction related to nWoD, feel free. So long as it's not Beast shit, I won't really give a damn.

Anyway, the only fanfic I've found to be any good is Bitter Escape, which is based on Vampire: The Masquerade. Kind of wobbly in the beginning, but it gets better further on as the writer seems to improve himself. Sadly, the last time it got updated was 2 years ago and with no actual updating schedule, there's no telling if there ever will be another update or if it's just abandoned.

For what it's worth, I'm looking primarily for Vampire: The Masquerade/Dark Ages fanfic pieces, but anything else is welcome, so long as it's decently written. It doesn't have to be based off either of the VtM video games (Redemption and Bloodlines), but that's what people know best of all so it's no surprise that's what gets written about in fanfiction (Bloodlines far more than Redemption).

Other than the above mentioned, I'm going to be biased and more interested in reading about Mage: The Ascension than something like Mummy: The Resurrection (seriously, I have yet to come across someone who's played that).

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  2. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I saw the title and was literally about to link Bitter Escape until you mentioned it. Great fic.

Unfortunately I don't know any other good ones.

Also screw CCP for canceling that MMO.

3. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

Try Panapticon Quest. It is really Fucking long but it is great Technocracy story where Sv led an Amalgram. MC is a NWO spook named Jamelia Belltower.

IT is fun.

4. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Just one question before I dive into this: can I switch on the reader mode and not miss a thing? I know it's common in quests that sometimes someone other than the original quest creator writes an omake or something of the sort, and I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on anything good.

5. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Panoption Quest is probably the only quest where I would recommend reading through the entire thread, if inly because there's a lot of interesting stuff that doesn't get tjreadmarked, but because there's more than a few really good posters who have a huge amount of knowledge of the system and setting. To be honest considering how often the winning actions are written by the same group of people it's less of a quest and more of a collab fic.

6. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

I'll take your word on it, but - well, fuck me, it's 764 pages. This is gonna take a while.

7. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

It is totally worth it. I reccomend you read it. I did, twice even.

Although canon omakes are threadmarked reading whole thing would give you a bit more fun stuff.

Of course if you don't have the time reader mode would work too. You would win some and lose some but it is a functional story that way. You would just be hard pressed to understand why some actions taken over others and miss some nuggets of info.

Last edited: May 1, 2017