1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

World of Warcraft Addict?

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Link, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

Are you?

Or not?

Which server, level, class and equipment?

I abandoned World of Warcraft nearly a year ago, though with Burning Crusade going out I think I'll play again. I was a level 60 Priest on Archimonde (French server where many best EU guilds are located). I had a full tier 2 set and a few 2.5 items from Ahn'Qiraj, plus the Blessed Qiraji Augur Staff. I stopped a little after Naxxramas was introduced in the game.

What about you?

2. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Naxxramas was only introduced about half a year ago i thought.

I used to play a lot but I had such bad lag I found it very hard to group which is the thing I loved about the game. Gnommer and Scarlet cathedral were my favourite dungeons.

A bad point for me was because of the lag I could never get much past level 30 becuase odf not being able to do the good quests and grinding is shit.

I would probably go at it again if i could have a better connection.

3. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

I stopped playing intensively in February. Though, I played every while (two times a week) until two month later when I finally and definitively stopped.

At first, I was being disconnected a lot; Wireless connections (WiFi) aren't really good for MMORPG or other multiplayer games. So, later I found a way to move the router closer to my computer so I get a better signal; I'm now rarely getting disconnected from Internet.

I abandoned though because it took too much time. Or rather I was a little too addicted. So I stopped to get more time to do other things. Instead I began reading more fanfictions than before and even began starting my own.

4. DGD

DGD Headmaster

Eh, 54 mage on Sargeras, mostly in blues.

I'm laying off a bit now however.

5. KubYnator

KubYnator Second Year

Never really got into the game, played a month and stopped.
    But I was Warcraft 3 addicted so WOW was just... boring.
    It seemed mostly like hack and slay, well, as I said: I never got into it.

6. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I got addicted for a bit but the funny thing is i hated it but it just hooked me. I was also addicted to wc tft so after that WoW didnt seem as fun because i loved playing people, and the actual competion.

7. Aensland

Aensland Third Year

I was never addicted perse, I had the game since release and my I hit my first 60 six months ago. I was a very casual player, and I quit about three months ago. I just got bored with it. Had a 60 rogue and shaman, and a fairly high lock, not sure what level exactly. Rogue was solid pvp purples with some ZG epics too, shaman, eh, mix of blues and greens. I hopped servers a couple of times, spent most of my time on Steamweedle Cartel.

8. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

My younger brother (who has no life) is addicted to that shit. Personally I wonder what the attraction of living a fake life is when you've already got a real one to live.

9. Aensland

Aensland Third Year

Eh, same attraction any video game has, at least for me. But I always treated it as a game, and didn't let it affect my real life.

10. DemonDream

DemonDream Professor

Your closet. Please clean it, I can't move.
    I know. I play other video games, and I do play WoW occasionally, but I have never seen the need to sacrifice your real life for the sake of a bloody video game. I don't have any level 60 characters, and when hardcore players ask me (Ususally scornfully) why, I respond "Forgive me for having a life." Don't get me wrong, it is a fun game, but I don't see the mass addicting qualities in it.

11. Theophany

Theophany First Year

60 Night Elf Hunter, 51 Tauren Shaman, 41 Orc Rogue, all on Draka (PvE).

Gear...meh. Hunter was in the full PvP blue set, ad my Shaman has close to enough honor to buy full blue set and High Warlord weapons.

Patch 2.0.1 rocked.

12. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

12 Dwarven Hunter (Carrae), 9 Dwarven Rogue (Ffeh). Considering making a Paladin or Priest. I'm on Stonemaul.

13. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

I've lost 3 friends to that game...

But hell, I'm an addict myself. I'm addicted to this neat site: ???

14. CHUCKNORRIS

CHUCKNORRIS Failed abortion attempt

Meh.. I was once an addict. Till i got to about lvl 30 and realized that it took so long I didn't really want to spend so much time for something that isn't that great. I never spend that much time on a computer game and too me its just the same as every other computer game ive played....with better graphics.

Oh and btw Amerision I know what ur saying about that neat site ^^

15. Daven

Daven First Year

Well, I was/might be addicted. Had to try BC so I am patching now. I ended up starting because all my friends played.

Plus when you live in Alaska there is not much to do in the winter, and masturbation will only take you so far...

16. Anubis

Anubis Seventh Year

Anny, Human 60 Warrior. Outland (EU), formerly of Bladefist before migration. Formerly part of the Shattered Star eXiles guild on there (and whilst Im still part of the group at large the WoW guild in the EU has now folded).

I quit at the end of June last year. Geared out in half and half BWL and MC equipment, though I did run AQ40 a few times without getting drops, considering we had BWL on farm I geared up pretty quickly.

I quit because I wasnt overly fond of raids, and at 60 there was really nothing else to do. Swore to myself I'd never go back, and yet I've been agonising over the last week over whether or not to buy TBC, and yes I caved in and ordered it today.

The game is very addictive, however I cant see myself sticking with it long after I hit 70 (though Im thinking of rolling a new Blood Elf on a new server or something). Raids just really aren't my thing. Blizzard got levelling spot on though, and PVP is good for a while.

17. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

I hate computer games, so I just play Oblivion a bunch on Xbox 360 to make up for it.

18. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I played WoW since Beta and I'm up to lvl 66 now. (Yeah, I know... not that fast, but I don't play only WoW in my free time ;).)

I'm playing a Shadow-Priest (Horde) on a german server and I like raiding -> I'm completely decked out in BWL/AQ40/Naxx Gear. (But we were never one of the "best" guilds.)

The addiction... I was pretty much addicted in the first few months, but after the initial phase where everything was new and exciting I stopped playing that much and often only logged in to raid.

I'm playing MMORPGs since ~2001 and I couldn't go back to only playing solo games. Even if it won't replace real life relationship (which some players seem to forget) it is much more fun to play together with such a huge community than playing solo or normal multiplayer games with just a few random guys.

19. KeshinNoAkui

KeshinNoAkui Seventh Year

I played it for like...1 1/2 months? Then got bored and quit. Not a bad game, but gets boring rather quickly.

20. DemonDream

DemonDream Professor

Your closet. Please clean it, I can't move.
    I actually have to remind myself to play. I usually don't play anyways, too busy reading fanfiction! My current main character is Aizabenja, a level 32 Troll Hunter on Maelstrom server. My highest level character to date: 34. I simply cannot play this game as much as needed for level 60 characters.