1. The second prompt is revealed! (Q2 2018)

"Breaking into Snape's office in the middle of the night was a risky move at the best of times..."

Deadline is June 18th, also known as the 22nd Anniversary of a seriously sad day—a tremendously black day for anyone.

As with before you can check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum.

Dismiss Notice

Complete Worm by Wildbow - T - Original Urban Fantasy

Discussion in 'Original Fiction' started by Orm Embar, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Anarchy

Anarchy Fourth Champion DLP Supporter

I'm a bit confused about the start so far (4 chapters in).

Where's the hook? It just doesn't seem all the interesting so far. And, it's hard to follow what's going on. Like, I read the action scenes in 3 and 4 twice, and still don't really know what's happening. It just feels a bit sloppy. I know a lot happened to Glory Girl, and some time has passed, but this doesn't really read like her at all. It seems like she's more or less intact after everything Panacea did, but she just seems off, and not in the mind-fucked kind of way.

2. Koalas

Koalas Squib Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    For anyone out there that only want to listen to finished pod casts We've Got Worm dropped the last episode of the series. They'll be continuing in We've Got Ward but it is definitely self contained and more worth a listen then ever.

3. throwaawy

throwaawy Third Year

start of 4th arc and so far i'm liking the events that have been happening and the worldbuilding. i like the little cameos and the flip in perspective, especially the outsider's perspective of the events of worm and how Tt may or may not be taking advantage of the resulting misunderstanding.

minor problem i've having though, is that victoria really really really sounds like taylor. there's enough difference in most of her interactions but her introspection, navel gazing, and little ways she describes the world are kind of... odd. granted we haven't had much of her own pov in worm but the way she's suddenly so thoughtful and analytical is kind of jarring compared to what we've seen from her before. there's an in-universe justification, of course, but it still feels like something to move past in order to maintain SOD

4. fontisian

fontisian Fifth Year

Huh. Victoria feels completely different from Taylor to me. She's less overtly dramatic than early Taylor (because she can't even think about her issues) and she doesn't have the same kind of tunnel vision and need to self-justify.

5. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

So I just started reading Ward and I'm currently fighting to get through the first interlude. I have to ask, I know its early in the story, but does it get any better? Right now the only thing holding my interest is the Dallon family drama.

6. Anarchy

Anarchy Fourth Champion DLP Supporter

It really picks up during arc 2. I guess that's to be expected once Wildbow gets used to writing the character.