1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Worm by Wildbow - T - Original Urban Fantasy

Discussion in 'Original Fiction' started by Orm Embar, Feb 23, 2013.

1. chrnno

chrnno High Inquisitor

I personally don't know which is worse, that I finished started and finished reading the story exactly a week ago and didn't recognize him or that I knew I was supposed to know the name but still couldn't.

2. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I didn't pick any of the usernames as being actual characters until I read Wildbow's comment and the tags. Had to look up Greg too, because I couldn't remember who he was. It's the first chapter where I've felt compelled to read the comments section. The universal praise is deserved.

When I realised that Gstring Girl = Garrotte [the strangling spaghetti monster girl in the asylum] I felt really bad for her. She can do better than Greg, but that's still a shitty way for the relationship to end.

3. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Finished till Arc 11 and it is awesome.

Anyway my mobiles battery kept dying because I was reading this. So spent a few hours yesterday, wrote a script to scrape the website and created a ebook of Worm.

If anyone want's it, pm me.

4. Mock Moniker

Mock Moniker Professor

Just FYI- the author mentioned in the comments that he doesn't want ebooks versions of Worm spreading around too much as he intends to eventually get it published. He seems to be fine with people making them on their own and sharing it with a few people, though.

So I suspect he'd be fine with giving it to people through PMs so long as you don't make any publicly downloadable link.

---------- Post automerged at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 AM ----------

I don't really know if she actually can do any better =(
    Poor, poor Sveta

Nae
  5. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

Can't play video games because she breaks the controls of any computer that isn't specially reinforced, and good luck mouse-turning when your limbs don't understand the concept of sensitivity.
    Cauldon's most despicable crime: creating key-turners.

6. logiccosmic

logiccosmic DA Member

Just finished 16.
    Holllllllllllly shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
    This feels like I am 13 and binging on Harry Potter all over again. Really really reallu good.
    5/5

7. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Got a new interlude up.

Reading about Emma doesn't exactly make me happy but the ending got a smile. And here's the chibi Slaughterhouse 9.

8. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

There's a mistake there with Cherish. She certainly wouldn't wear something that exposed her belly.

9. Infidel

Infidel Auror

Just finished the whole series in a week.

Man, it eats up a lot of time... and it was worth it. One of the best things about the story is that the author manages to reign in the main characters powers. The way Skitter's powers are fine tuned to a wonderful extent over the course of the series was a joy to read.

10. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Finally finished catching up. OP owes me the last two weeks of my life.

I literally had a nightmare about the Slaughterhouse Nine a few days ago, that's how wrapped up in this I am.

This evolved from a really interesting story into one of my favorite stories I've ever read. The characters are awesome.

Can't wait for Skitter vs. Emma next Tuesday.

---------- Post automerged at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

By the way, in case anyone missed Wildbow's comment on the last update:

"Thinking more and more of another spree-week. Eight updates over eight days, five bonus chapters in there. Knock ‘em off the list without distracting from the core story as much."

11. Lamora

Lamora Definitely Not Batman ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If Emma and Shadow Stalker don't get their shit wrecked then this story is a failure.

12. Idiot Rocker

Idiot Rocker Auror

In fairness Shadow Stalker's already had her shit wrecked pretty hard. I don't think Emma even rates on the scale anymore.

13. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

Shadow Stalker kinda did get her shit pushed in.
    Have you made it to Regent's interlude?

14. logiccosmic

logiccosmic DA Member

Ruining her life, and almost making her commit suicide? That, and if Regent sees her again, she can expect more fuckery

15. Francis D. Saber

Francis D. Saber Second Year

I thought she was already in Jail? Or something like it based on the Last Emma Interlude. I mean she had some kind of cuffs on right?

16. Mock Moniker

Mock Moniker Professor

Yup. You never see the scene, but it's safe to assume she got busted for violating her probation. She joined the Wards to avoid jail cause she was actually killing people. She was supposed to be using tranq darts, but because of Regent it got out that she was still using lethal ammunition. Also he sent all her texts (where she admits to doing some pretty terrible things) to the police.

17. Tesla

Tesla Auror

Finally all up to date. Gonna have to re-read at some point because I often started skim-reading at around 4 in the morning. But, yeah, this shit is boss. This shit is so damn good. Everyone must read it.

18. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I'm considering a re-read too. In a story this huge there are probably all kinds of little details I missed or didn't understand the first time.

19. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

I just marathoned this in less than 2 days, my body was not ready for all of the awesome.

20. Idiot Rocker

Idiot Rocker Auror

Well prepare for even more awesome man because we've got another update coming tomorrow. I feel like someone should've started a betting pool about what's going to happen to Emma.