1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP "Worth Dying For" by Shadow Rebirth - T - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Ched, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Izanagi

Izanagi First Year

Love it so far, really intrigued by the direction the plot is going.

4/5 so far but has potential to be 5/5 later depending how the author handles the rest of the story

2. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

Are you guys that starved for a decent Naruto fic? There's just something about this I don't like; maybe it's the terrible simile's, or the "Villagegakure" typo, or just the narration period - maybe I've even been a bit spoiled by Shezza, but I can't give this more than a 3/5. Maybe more when I finish all 15 chapters.

3. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Ah well, that's the curious thing about opinions, they differ. OTOH, haven't read any of Shezza's stories all the way through ever. As someone else mentioned elswhere, Shezza has a knack for writing dickish characters, I don't like them.

4. DarkAizen

DarkAizen Professor DLP Supporter

^ I think that's blasphemy. I also didn't like this story at first, but it turns around when Naruto is assigned a Team.

Kakashi is also done really well. And as previously stated OCD!Sasuke is pretty cool.

5. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

... My bad, I thought all opinions were the same. Don't be cheeky, kid. I was referring to his Naruto fic anyway; not the HP/DF cross. It's excellent.

6. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

What makes you think I wasn't referring to the Naruto one? Because I was.

7. Brukel

Brukel Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Yeah I have to admit that this is one of the best Naruto stories I've read recently. However I enjoy the small things more than any of the large scale things. Kakashi is well done, and his interactions with Naruto are very good. And Sasuke is easily the most interesting one that I've seen in a long time.

Still, at the same time there is something 'off' about it. Naruto is kinda abrasive, but I can overlook that for the fact that there is no "unofficial grandson" and precious people bullshit, yet anyway.

I'll give it a 4/5 but depending on what happens it'll get a hell of a lot better or turn to crap.

8. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

>implying everyone has bad taste

Don't get uppity when called out on bullshit.

9. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

^^What are you even talking about guy? I can get uppity whenever I please, 'cause I am the fucking shit. I'm implying you've been fed shit for so long, the first taste of halfway decent food you get seems like gourmet. But like I said, I haven't gotten deep into the story; "Villagegakure" was too much. Nuit, I assumed you were talking about the other stories because the main character in those stories are dickish. His Naruto, however, is like the canon Naruto...just with professionalism. As opposed to this Naruto, who is a dick. But...that's canonical too, isn't it.

10. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Cxjenious

NuitTombee

I find this hilarious.

As for the story, it's good enough that I'll probably follow it. There are very few quality Naruto fics being updated, and this is decent. 3.5/5

11. Shouldabeenadog

Shouldabeenadog Death Eater

I enjoy it. I look forward to the updates, I enjoy the interludes, but I worry about canon, and the opportunity to follow it. Everything looks like it won't, but until I see the first c-rank mission isn't wave, i'm holding off my vote.

12. I Burn Water

I Burn Water Seventh Year

I personally like this Naruto quite a bit. He should be a couple years older for how he acts, but I can get over that.

4/5

13. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Sorry to stay off topic, but...
    Have you even read Shezza's Naruto fanfic? I'm honestly at a loss for how anyone could call his version of Naruto 'dickish'

14. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

I wasn't referring to Naruto himself, the Naruto series, Sarutobi is the dick.

15. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    He's more of a funny, crazy, powerful old man IMO. Or he may act like that to keep Naruto humble.

16. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Ok guys time to get back on fucking topic with the story. People have a right not to enjoy a fic for certain aspects, and just because it's Shezza you guys don't need to come riding in like White Knights telling Nuit why he is wrong about his own opinion and preferences.

For the story I'm liking the changes that have been happening to it. Kakashi is a far more involved teacher here, and having random tests seems to fit Kakashi in my opinion.

17. Kravot

Kravot Fourth Year

Story was updated with an interlude from Lee's PoV.

I like the interlude, it give Lee an original background unlike what I usually see in fanficition. It also provides a different perspective on WDF Naruto.

18. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, it was a bit of a shock to see a fic where Lee has a family, but it was an interesting read nonetheless.

19. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I think the background fits Lee perfectly. Explains why he's so determined outside of the generic answers.

20. Kravot

Kravot Fourth Year

The story was updated recently. Thought you guys might wanna check it out.

I enjoyed this chapter quite a bit, although I'm not sure exactly what to think about Zabuza appearing out of nowhere.