1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox One v Playstation 4

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Relic, Nov 16, 2013.

1. mandanlullu

mandanlullu First Year

Its called onlive. It still seems to be running now but I gave up on it a while back due to connection problems.

2. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

So, here we are, decent amount of time after the release of the two consoles. For people who already bought one, what's the verdict on which you prefer? Anybody getting ready to buy one over the holidays? I'm leaning towards a PS4, but the XB1 has a great bundle out right now.

3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Only peeps with mad money who bought both consoles would be able to do a proper comparison. :sherlock:

That said...

I'm enjoying my PS4. It's powerful as fuck for the price paid, and there are lots of fun games out. Exclusive lineup is pretty good too. The only thing I sortof want to play on xbone that I can't play on PS4 is Titanfall... but Destiny fills that niche nicely.

Xbone is a little cheaper now due to the lagging first year sales, so if price is your deciding factor, I'd say go with xbone. If you're a graphics whore like me, go PS4.

4. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I've got money down on an Xbone simply because it's what most of my friends have.

5. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    PS4's good. My brother bought one in the summer from a friend who happens to lack decisiveness and good fiscal sense. My PC's getting increasingly out of date and I didn't have to pay for the console myself, so I'm not complaining.

His friend threw Watch_Dogs in with it, but neither me or my brother like it that much. Besides that, so far we've gotten Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, Infamous: Second Son and now Dragon Age: Inquisition and those all look and play good on it. My brother also got Ni No Kuni, which I haven't played but he likes.

I haven't yet even touched an Xbone so I couldn't tell you personally how they compare though.

6. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Enjoying the shit out of my PS4.

You play Destiny, Khan?

7. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Speaking of bundles, I thought PS4 had a console+gtav+tlou bundle for 400 on black Friday?

8. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

I am literally planning on buying a PS4 for Persona 5. Just like I bought a Vita for Persona 4 Golden.

... I may have a problem.

9. Viewtiful

Viewtiful Groundskeeper

Why not just play the PS3 version?

I might get a PS4 for Bloodborne, and Sunset Overdrive looks decent, but both consoles still look near worthless at this point.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    Buying a console for one game is idiotic.

Unless it's Persona, obviously.

11. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

For the same reason I didn't get the PS2/PS3 version of Persona 4. I'm a stupid idiot that wants the best version of my purse-owners available, and presumably there'll be some games in the future that help justify the purchase. Bloodborne seems like it's going to be a real good one.

12. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

Persona 5 is coming out on PS4? OHH LAAWD.

13. Gengar

High Score:
    Lol, yeah. Recentish announcement.

14. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    My Playstation 4 took some getting used to because I didn't have any good games 6 months ago when I got it. The games I have are Child of Light (B+), Wolfenstein (B-), Watchdogs (D+), Diablo 3 (A+) and now Grand Theft Auto 5 (A++). I would definitely suggest purchasing GTA5 and Diablo for the new consoles because they are so much smoother. My girl and I really haven't done anything but play GTA5 in our spare time ('course its only been a few days since we got it).

Obviously I can't make a good comparison between the two because I don't have XboxONE but I do heartily rec the PS4. There are enough games out now to make it a great purchase for any age. All genres have something worthwhile now and there are plenty of games (Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, The Crew, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Little Big Planet 3, Elder Scrolls Online, the list goes on ) coming out now or soon

EDIT: Three things I'm looking to for my PS4 next year. FFXV, Silent Hills (with Daryll from the Walking Dead as MC) and The Order: 1886. You've also got the Witcher 3 in February and KH3 towards the end of next year.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  15. Gengar

High Score:
    No. Man's. Sky.

16. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Will buy a PS4 as Christmas gift to myself next year, if anyone could indicate games alrrady besides the one said here. Thanks to living with someone that loves games even more than me, and has much different taste I have on my house: Wii, Wii U, PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo 3DS and two high level gaming computers. And thanks to work I dp not have to play anything.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    Resogun, Velocity 2X, Transistor, honestly there's loads of Indy games on the store I haven't even looked at yet.

As for big games, get Dragon Age. It's fantastic.

18. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

To be honest I only bought a PS4 because all of my friends who were playing Destiny were doing so on PS4. All my time goes into Destiny so I can't really comment much on the experience outside of that, but overall I've really enjoyed owning a PS4. Fortunately my roommate owns an Xbone so I'm not missing out on stuff like Halo MCC (if/when all the bugs are fixed -_-) and Dance Central.