1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Yet another plot idea

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by redshell, Jan 6, 2010.

1. redshell

redshell Order Member

Since this will probably be ignored, and it's brought on by watching The Dark Knight, of all things, here we are. I didn't want to put it in the Challenge section for those reasons, so whatever.

Basis, what everything's structured around: Harvey Dent's quote of; "You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

I suppose this may or may not sound like every other Naruto-Leaves-Konoha story, but I don't care. It's an idea, nothing more.

Onto the idea, shall we?

Plot: After he kills Madara, Naruto returns to Konoha to, at first, be greeted as a hero. However, once the reconstruction begins, people start blaming Naruto for the destruction of Konoha. "If he hadn't been around, this wouldn't have happened.", etc. It all comes to a head with an event of the author's choosing, but it would result in Naruto's leaving the village, either permanently, or to do what Jiraiya did, and become Konoha's spymaster with a come-and-go-as-you-please type of deal going.

So, what do you all think?

2. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think I'll be dead of old age by the time I finish counting how many times that idea has been used and my memory doesn't stretch far enough to remember it being good.

If you really want to make him leave the village for some reason don't do something so trite and cliched, maybe do something like Madara wants Naruto separated from Konoha and his precious people so he kills Hinata and frames Naruto for it. His friends know good and well he didn't do it but they can't prove it. With growing political pressure from the elders and the Hyuuga clan mounting calling for Naruto's execution for Hinata's murder Tsunade decides that until they can find proof of his innocence the only way to save Naruto's life is to fake his death and secretly spirit him out of the village. You can decide where to take it from there but I think it would be interesting to see him hook back up with the priestess Shion.

3. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

Never seen a post-canon fic that didn't fail spectacularly. Not really interested in reading one that doesn't either. Also, this should probably be posted under the challenge section.

4. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Plus, y'know, you need an actual continuation of the plot, or else the story would just die after you get the first chapter out.

What does he do after he leaves? Why is he spying? ect.

5. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

That and because this starts off post-canon, the author would be a tad restricted since Naruto's personality and history up till the point where the fic starts is iron clad.

6. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Post-cannon also tends to suffer from the fact that it's pretty hard to come up with good conflicts for Naruto by that point in the timeline. It's not easy to come up with a villain that can present a believable threat to the guy who beat Pain. Kishimoto has been spending the last 20 issues in a frantic effort to convince us that Sasuke isn't badly outclassed by Naruto by this point, and any original character will have an even harder time with it.