1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

You Have to Read this to Believe it.

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Giovanni, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Ok I was browsing FF.net today, and I saw a story "Harry Potter and Gabrielle Delacour. I made the unfortunate mistake of clicking the link.
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2528778/1/

And what I found was a disclaimer at the top of the page, explaining how the authors original version was just some blatant plaigarism off of Jeconais' story "Hope". 'Okay' I thought, 'so he accidentally uploaded the wrong one at first.' But then I read his story... He didn't just plaigarize Jeconais' work; he took almost the entire plot line.

And whats worse? He did a TERRIBLE JOB!!! He managed to butcher a fairly pretty-ok fic and.... He... Well there is no other way to describe it... HE STAINED-FUTURED IT GODDAMMIT!!!

After reading this fic I feel unclean... Dirty... And unclean. But honestly, you have to read this to believe it.

2. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I couldn't read past the part where Dumbledore broke down in Madame Maxime's office and started bawling about how he lost Harry's confidence. Blah. Double blah.

3. Quack

Quack Second Year

I couldn't either. Dumbledore letting a tear or two loose. Okay. Dumbledore sobbing is a big nono. It's almost as bad as Snape crying because of how he treated Harry over the years.

4. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I know.

As I said... The fic has been Stained-Future'd

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I'm to scared to click the link...

6. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

You should be...

But you must first see evil in order to understand it. The fic beyond the link is evil.

7. Violent Seas

Violent Seas Sixth Year

8. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

The son of a bitch is nothing more thana motherfucking rip off artist! He's taken Aftermath too! looks word for word identical too... just copy a section into google with quotes and see which story he stole! I'm betting the rest of his stuff is tolen too!

--bornagainpenguin (who is about to report his ass! This is one purge I'll be happy to see!)

9. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

And his stories havnt been taken down, why? That's what annoys me about FF.Net the most.

10. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Err he's allowed to 'continue' Aftermath I know.

And from the tiny bit I looked at it seemed to be about a Harry Potter in 7th year, going to Beauxbatons. Hope is grown-up flying teacher Harry Potter. Now I haven't read it, it could be plagiarism, but make sure it is before reporting him.

As I know Jeco gave blanket permission on anyone who wants to take Aftermath and continue it.

That said, I know the author's a bit of a tool and I wouldn't put plagiarism past him. I was told not to read his story anymore in the start of one of his Aftermath chapters. Apparently my reviews weren't helpful enough. So I don't read any of his stuff anymore.

But let's not jump the gun too quick on the fucktard.

11. bornagainpenguin

Its possible that he may have permission to use Jeconais' Aftermath-- but given how he claims to have uploaded Hope by mistake when he meant to upload his 'own' fic and the wild disparity in quality I'm going to call foul anway. That's part of the problem with cliches--afcter awhile everything that can be done has been and everything becomes a form of self parody. So you could say the reason I'm so sure I recognize scenes in several of 'his' poorly rewritten fanfics is due to his over abundance of the aforementioned cliches but I'm not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt in this case.

I mean he even has a songfic going in one of his fics where Harry is part of some kind of magical rock-n-roll band! That if no other reason is more than enough for me to want him banned.

--bornagainpenguin

12. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

13. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

It was so bad it deserved its own thread to be ridiculed in.

14. Element

Element Seventh Year

His "Harry Potter's Second Chance" seems to be extremely like SilverAegis's Harry Potter: The New Life story. Except a lot worse.

Actually, he admits it in the Second Chance story.

Merlin... :shock:

15. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

16. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Imitate doesn't even begin to describe it...

Calling his fics imitations of other fics is like calling a serial killer a petty criminal.

17. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

Wtf is stained-fututred?

18. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Stained-Future'd: Adjective.

Meaning: The process of taking a bunch of formerly good ideas and twisting them into a virtually unreadble story. Blatant plaigarism from other fanfics and Horrible Crossover ideas fall into this category.

In other words turning what was once good writing into something so horrible that any person with one shred of intelligence realizes that the author is borderline retarded.

19. Quack

Quack Second Year

Agreed.

Who does something like this? Fanfiction is a way to express your creativity and ideas. Ugh... this could possibly the only author I have no respect for. Even some of the others with awful fics wouldn't do something like this.

20. bornagainpenguin

Agreed. I have more respect for the worst slash, the worst Harrry and Ginny fluff, the worst pussy-whipped I'm Dumbledore's man (pardon me while I bawl my eyes out over Sirius) Harry over someone who does something like this. At least they tried! Someone who does this... I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire and I had a full bladder.

--bornagainpenguin