1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Young Justice Fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Knyght, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

I'm currently re-watching the show and wondering if there are any fanfics worth reading. Not particularly fussed about specific characters or genre.

2. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ryuugi Shi has a couple WIPs in the Misc. Work by Author section. Beyond that, haven't encountered any.

3. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

This is the only one I've enjoyed, besides Ryuugi's fics. Not the best, but readable, and the quality goes up chapter by chapter.

I'd check out Ryuugi's Favorite Stories list; last I checked, he had a lot of Young Justice stories on it.

4. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Two Birds by adorable pragmatism is a good one as well.

Basically, a rather solid Teen Titans and Young Justice crossover.

5. basabbath

basabbath Second Year

Shatter Me
    Author: sea-dilemma

Women liked Dick Grayson. Actually, they loved him. And he loved them right back. However, his life as Nightwing gave him very little chance to have a normal love life. So, when he met Devon Wakeman, a seemingly very normal woman, Dick wasn't really sure what to do. Nightwing, however, was quite, quite sure what to do...

More of nightwing fic it set in the Y/J world, but it's definitely readable and as a bonus the author updates at least once a week.

6. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Should keep me busy. Cheers, fellas.

7. Francis D. Saber

Francis D. Saber Second Year

I decided to give this a try and decided to give everyone a heads up. It Reads like a sappy romance novel made for young teenage girls, there is very little super hero'ing going on in this fic.

The writing while slightly readable, is nothing to write home about either. The author has a tendency to write the same scene from different pov's except the execution could use work. It feels like you're reading the same thing twice, not exactly the best way to hook a reader.

8. Nemrut

High Score:
    So, started reading With This Ring by Mr Zoat.

It's a SI story on spacebattles.

Wait, I know how that sounds.

I know that SI stories have, unfairly, a bad reputation. I know that spacebattles Si stories have, justly so, an even worse reputation. Have been seeing this thread for more than a year now, and have been hesitant to check it out, until I decided to bite the bullet yesterday.

But, to my surprise, so far, am on page 8 or so of 23 on the story only thread, which lacks any and all comments from other forum users, it is quite an enjoyable read. Sure, it has some spacebattles problems, like at times, it gets bogged down by the protag learning or studying or crafting stuff for too long, but generally speaking, the SI is likable and interesting. Might put this up for review once I finish it and it retains its quality.

Story is that the SI wakes up in space in the Young Justice universe, not knowing anything about Young Justice, although he has general DC knowledge, with an Orange Lantern ring. He becomes one of the founding members, kinda, of Young Justice.

His interaction with the other DC characters is nice and I like that this story makes use of the vast cast of the DC universe. Especially the fact that Wonder Woman has a bigger role is nice.

It is interesting, I admit, and fun to read about a Green Lantern, or Orange Lantern, I guess, who uses his powers as more than simply making giant fists or fighter jets or guns.

What I especially liked, is the use of coloured sentences when certain statements or moods particularly represent an emotion of a certain lantern corps.

Green is Willpower, Blue is hope, Orange is greed, Yellow is fear, I think Red is rage. Pink or whatever the colour of the star sapphire corps is might be either lust or love, not sure. haven't seen it yet. But when someone speaks how suddenly someone appeared that might heal them and then their text is suddenly blue with hope. That's a nice use of the forum mechanics you don't have on normal fanfiction sites. Same with the use of hotlinks.

So far, 4/5, but can drop or rise. Putting it up here because I still have a lot to read and I liked it enough that I wanted to share it here.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  9. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Do note that there is a story only thread, so dont get put off by the mega huge thread size.(That and the many pages of talk before another chapter part.)

He's also got this "Renegade" Version of OL which is clearly delineated nowadays.

10. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Just read this and it was really good, though I groaned when I realized it hasn't updated in two years. It makes me want to reread all my favorite Teen Titans fics.

11. Nemrut

High Score:
    Yeah, reading the story thread. It can be easily found in the link I provided, a bit down the list of threads, I believe.

The renegade snippets were amusing at the beginning but they ended firmly in indy harry territory and I dislike them, to be honest.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  12. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

They get better. Much better.

Also there are invisible texts at times espacially when new gods show up so heads up.

13. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

I'm surprisingly enjoying the Orange Lantern thing. Really didn't think I would, but I'm 3 pages into it so far and showing no signs of slowing. Only thing I'm not a pretty big fan of is the incredibly homoerotic thing between the POV character and Superboy. It's just kinda weird to read.

14. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

That gets dropped later on.

15. Pasta Sentient

Pasta Sentient Disappeared

What are some of your favorite TT fics? I find it hard to find any good ones.

On topic...here is another crossover one kind of similar to Red X

A Displaced Red Robin

Been a year since update, but follows a ComicbookPre-52 version of Tim Drake entering the Young Justice world.

16. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It's been so long since I've read many of my old favorites. I have tons of them, though they tend to lie in the apprentice!Robin sub-genre. It's an interesting scenario unique to the Teen Titans fandom, though they've been creeping into the Young Justice fandom as well. Probably because of nostalgia. They're also generally devoid of romance, which I like.

Let's see here...

Cat and Mouse by dlsky: For Slade, the game was in the challenge. For Robin, his solace was in the fact he, not Slade who was immortal, would eventually grow old and die, but Slade’s new plan just might make this game of cat and mouse last forever. Complete at 108 chapters and 619k words. No pairings.

Might as well list this one first. It's in the top five of my favorite fics in any fandom ever. Could even be number one. It's the most ambitious fic of it's genre with an amazing story and characters. It also has the most satisfying ending I've ever read. Cons: grammar can be iffy and the formatting in the last 30 chapters or so gets kicked in the ribs (it's all centered), but even that can't mar my love for this fic. 10/5.

I read this fic every two years. I'm actually getting really nervous that it'll get taken down for some reason before I can save a copy. I should get on that.

Northern Star by Hanna Sedai: Life as Slade's apprentice is hard for Robin, but even harder for those trying to save him. Murders, schemes and hatred flourishes as the Titans, Batman, and the JLA struggle to help him. Meanwhile, Slade has a nefarious plan in mind for the Batman... Complete at 40 chapters and 258k words. If it had pairings, it was in the background.

I haven't read this one in a while. I remember it being fun and satisfying with a good ending, but otherwise there's not much I can say about it. 4/5.

Custody by Rena Redhead: Loopholes, deception, disappearances. Puzzle pieces that need to be put together. A villain watches from the corner of his only eye the Boy Wonder. But Robin has another problem, too. It's an evergrowing fight with the Dark Knight. A father son story. Complete at 41 chapters and 265k words. Robin / Starfire, I think.

It's been a long time since I've read this one too. Same as the one above: it's a tightly written story with a satisfying ending, though it's a bit more adult than Northern Star. 4/5.

Annnnd, have a crossover.

Impasse by BJA Fan: [Danny Phantom Crossover] 'The problem with immortality,' he breathes in her ear, 'is that it's far too lonely a way to live.' Complete at 1 chapter and 8k words. Raven / Danny.

I read this back in the day. I'm not sure how well it's aged, but it's a good fic with a pairing that makes a lot of sense.

I actually had to go to TVTropes to get a refresher on some of these stories, it's been so damn long. These are the best I've read, but if you want more recs, ask and I'll get some more.

17. I Burn Water

I Burn Water Seventh Year

The library has the best around for TT. Avatar and Adaptation By cyberWraith9, as well as the third in the series, Absolution. They are outstanding fics. Twisted Hearts Triangular, is also great. It's a fun romance-ish fic that's extremely well written.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  18. Alraune

Alraune Seventh Year

My Soul Is In The Sky
    Kryptonian Soul Bonding
    Kid Stuff
    Anon meme fics. So format is annoying.

Canvas

Failing Safely

On my Honor, I'll do my best

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  19. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Damn good, but I like SI, I've only read three or four and they were all pretty good. 4/5 is fair, a little higher. But I gotta ask, does the gay thing with Superboy stops oe just goes full slash? The way he behaves about him is really really creepy and the homoerotic thing isn't something I like to read in a main character.

20. FleeingReality

FleeingReality Squib

It stops fully, when M'gan and Superboy start dating.