1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Your Fault by Sarah1281 - T - Naruto

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Republic, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Title: Your Fault
    Author: Saarah1281
    Rating: T
    Genre: Humor
    Fandom: Naruto
    Pairings: None
    Summary: In the afterlife, a few of the most likely suspects try to figure out which one of them was the most responsible for the myriad of problems facing the ninja world.

Link: FFFnet

In this fic, Madara Uchiha, Obito Uchiha, Tobirama Senju and Danzo Shimura try to pass some time in the afterlife by trying to decide whose fault everything is while the people they're blaming are there to defend themselves and their actions.

This is a humor fic that doesn't take itself too seriously, while taking great care to be largely canonical and have these people make a realistic attempt at framing and explaining their actions, motives and views.

At just below 10k words, it's a short and nice read that doesn't overstretch its premise or overstay its welcome.

4/5

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  2. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

It's kinda like the novelisation of a r/Naruto thread that had gotten out-of-hand. Problem with that is that I've long since tired of those debates and this fic doesn't manage to turn it into something enjoyable for me.

Having the series' most controversial characters play the blame game themselves is an amusing idea but that's all. I was struggling not to skim by the halfway point and it ultimately couldn't get me to crack a smile which is the least I'd hope for in a humour fic.

A more casual fan might get more of a kick out of this but I doubt this fic'll ever cross my mind again.

3/5

3. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't really know how I feel about this. It was amusing enough in its own way, but it wasn't a story. It was more like one of those X characters"reading the books" stories HP is flooded with. It's relatively in keeping with canon, I suppose, but I can't honestly say that I came away from this fic having experienced anything at all.

2/5

4. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Didn't really enjoy this one, I have to say. There was the occasional amusing line but overall, it was just too crackish to take seriously while at the same time not funny enough to make that work.

3/5