1. The second prompt is revealed! (Q2 2018)

"Breaking into Snape's office in the middle of the night was a risky move at the best of times..."

Deadline is June 18th, also known as the 22nd Anniversary of a seriously sad day—a tremendously black day for anyone.

As with before you can check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum.

Dismiss Notice

Your Phobias...

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by AmerigoCorleone, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Jazz-Meister

Jazz-Meister Disappeared

High Score:
    I know what you mean. I am unfortunately a very empathetic person- my worst trait- and I cope by keeping it in perspective. Worse things happen in nature than in the meat industry, and that's pretty much always been true.

2. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Death Eater

People I don't know die every day.

I care way more about people than I do about pigs or cows, and you don't see me crying and mourning all the time.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  3. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

I actually have a fear of spiders. Though the spiders themselves don't freak me out as badly as touching spiderwebs in any form on my body. I hate spiderwebs more than spiders! Holy fuck, it freaks me out!

4. Cecaelia

Cecaelia Squib

Veins, and the feel/sight of my own pulse. Sometimes I can't even look at my own wrists because if I see the veins there pulsing I might throw up.

In the last few years I developed severe arachnophobia which is weird because I used to be totally fine with spiders. I completely freak out around them now, and though intellectually I know I'm being ridiculous and irrational I literally can't stop myself from going into hysterics.

Also trypophobia, the sight or thought of a bunch of small irregular holes (or anything that resembles such) turns my stomach and makes my skin crawl.

5. Eimim

Eimim First Year

Bees and wasps. My phobia has gotten better now, but few years ago I would freeze every time I heard a bee (or something that sounded like a bee) and wouldn't be able to move until the sound went away or I knew it was something else.
    Things got better after I moved into an apartment that was on the top floor of a building that had a wasps nest in the corner of the roof just outside my window. At first I was terrified and wanted to move, but then I saw the wasps flying head first into my window when they were going back to the nest. And it was hilarious! After a summer of watching disoriented wasps knock them selves out, my phobia got a lot better. (Not completely cured unfortunately)

6. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Headmaster DLP Supporter

Mediocrity.

7. ledballoon

ledballoon Squib

High Score:
    Dementia. In the middle of a conversation when I was younger, I started talking using completely randomized, unintelligible words. (something like "cranberry very bus dirt green running" just wtf) and I was thinking in complete thoughts, but as I hearing myself speak I realized that I was making no sense and starting freaking out. My friend thought it was a joke, but I was terrified. Being stuck inside my own head, losing my memories, my ability to speak, myself. I am so terrified of this that I have a complete emotional breakdown whenever the subject is brought up for any length of time.

8. karrottop94

karrottop94 Squib

High Score:
    Spiders. Seeing them in general doesn't bother me, but the fact that they can sneak up on me really makes me paranoid. I shake out all my shoes before putting them on and I pull back the sheets to check before getting in bed.

9. Hachi

Hachi Death Eater

Poverty.

/10char

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  10. Joe's Nemesis

Joe's Nemesis High Score: 2,058 Prestige

High Score:
    When I was quite a bit younger, that I'd shake it too hard and it'd fall off into the toilet as it drained.

I was old enough to know it was silly, and laughed at myself. But the thought was always still there.

11. Mentis

Mentis Squib

I can't deal with bugs, especially anything that crawls and has a ton of legs. Looking at them makes me feel so disgusted and uncomfortable that I usually have to get someone else to remove them for me.

12. ToothpasteLord

ToothpasteLord Muggle

Mt. Minty (the biggest mountain on Mars).
    High Score:
    Fear. I am literally afraid of being scared. I don't like feeling cold sweat drip down my nape, body frozen in silent terror under the sheets, eyes glued shut because I'm too scared to open my eyes...

Just the thought of what fear can do brings shivers down my spine.

13. awinarock

awinarock Heir

Dying alone. I'm afraid that my lack of social skills, drug abuse, and bipolar disorder will turn me into a bitter and lonely old man. That the people around me would secretly be glad that I was dead.

14. FranzPanzer

FranzPanzer Squib

High Score:
    Spider. Also other small creepy-crawly stuff, but spiders are by far the worst

15. MechaJesus

MechaJesus Squib

High Score:
    Small spiders and heights for me. I can hold a tarantula no problem but anything smaller than my fingernail and I would flip.

16. scala

scala Squib

High Score:
    Becoming fat and becoming poor for me. Snakes to a pretty large extent as well.

17. Mal

Mal Squib

It's kind of cliche I guess, but my biggest fear has always been being buried alive (and drowning/suffocating to a lesser extent).

18. Negaminx

Negaminx Squib

I've got me a-bit of Trypophobia, fear of clusters of small holes in things especially fleshy things. Truthfully, it less a fear and more of an intense feeling of revulsion and general discomfort.

19. Eltrebor

Eltrebor Squib

High Score:
    Earwigs, those creepy little things make me freak out.

---------- Post automerged at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Also being buried alive, that concept is just terrifying

20. DsRaider

DsRaider Squib

High Score:
    My greatest fear is fear itself. Seriously though I fear letting my fear control my life because I suffer from anxiety.