1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Your Picks for 2007 Game of the Year.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by X-Man, Dec 13, 2007.

1. X-Man

X-Man Second Year

Its a great time to be a gamer. With so many great games that came out this year everybody should be happy(unless your Jack Thompson).

Anyways my overall pick for Game of the year goes to Super Mario Galaxy. The game is pure fun, and the highest reviewed game this generation. The best 50 bucks i spent all year, especially since i love games that focus on the main single player or campaign.

Bioshock is pretty damn close though, but it really doesn't give me enough reason to replay it again.

Another good choice is Mass Effect, but that game lacks some polish.

Call of Duty 4 is pretty damn good too, but the campaign is too short for me.

Halo 3 was the same as Halo 1 and 2, there was nothing in that game that blew me away.

Uncharted Was pretty sweet.

Assassins Creed wasn't so sweet.

But God of War 2 was fucking Fantastic.

My X-box 360 was pretty fucking lucky that so many great games came out this year for it or would of given up on it a long time ago. I mean I had 4 Hardware failures within the last 8 months. One of them was dead on arrival. I mean its pretty damn bad when I can plug in my Atari 2600 or Nes and have them work just fine, I doubt I'll be saying that about the 360 in 20 years.

The Wii did great this year, but its big test 2008. Most people here thought Nintendo was going the way of Sega.

The PS3 has a lot of good games coming out for it next year. But I don't think its going to get anywhere near Nintendo's sales figures.

2. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

And where is World in Conflict, The Witcher, Hellgate London and Supreme Commander?

World in Conflict - you just have to love bombarding Soviets :D Even if it's American propaganda, but it's still enjoyable.

The Witcher - Best RPG of 2007 - well, my opinion is biased - after all I am a Pole and I love The Witcher Saga. Rich world, with a kickass main character and superb plot.

3. X-Man

X-Man Second Year

I'm not saying my picks for GOTY is universal, but I can't list every great game this year off the top of my head.

But how could you forget the Orange Box?

4. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Most of those are pretty sweet, havent played Mass Effect or Call of Duty yet. Probably WONT play Call of Duty. After CoD2 I've hated the series. :/

That said, Bioshock, Hellgate, or Heavenly Sword would be my pick. And I'm far more inclined to vote Heavenly Sword.

5. Kenshkrix

Kenshkrix DA Member DLP Supporter

Seeing as how I don't own a console and could only afford to buy a few games this year, I'll have to say Hellgate: London, even though it could've been significantly better than it is.

6. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

The Witcher or Hellgate.

Hellgate gets repetative quick, but it's still fun. Witcher you have to play through 3 times to get all the different paths done, alot of stuff changes. great story.

7. X-Man

X-Man Second Year

Ah Vash you got to play Call of Duty 4 since its in modern times. Its pretty fucking sweet.

Heavenly Sword is pretty repetitive, but I it held my attention for a long time.

Hellgate is probably my PC game of the year, until I can afford a PC capable of handling Crysis.

8. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Assassins Creed is better than most people think. I loved it. Orange Box is great. Other than that, Halo 3 got boring fast, and Mass Effect is pretty fucking horrible. COD4 is great though.

9. The Duke

The Duke Seventh Year

COD4 is where it's at man...

10. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Only game that has really made any impression on me is Hellgate. I don't have a PS3 however. Guitar Hero 3 is supposed to be pretty good as well.

11. SomeDude

SomeDude Squib

Based on sales alone, I'd have to say Halo 3--over 5 million copies sold globally in less than three months.

But CoD4 and Guitar Hero 3 could give it a run for its money.

12. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Heavenly Sword.

13. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Yeah but Halo 3 is pure sheep factor and frat boy syndrome. It's nothing new, boring, and easy unless you play handicapped. Not to mention it's the only decent online shooter for xbox. Halo 1 sucked, but fuck it was one of only a few good xbox games, so of course everyone with one bought it.

Halo hasn't got shit on any even halfway decent PC FPS out in the last 8+ years. Tribes 2 alone blows anything Halo 1/2 had, and Battlefield 2 destroys Halo 3, and these are games that are backdated 3-4 years at LEAST before the different Halo titles came out

14. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

I'm playing Witcher now, and I must say it is fantastic.

The graphics, the storyline and the characters are all brilliant.

15. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

No Super Mario Galaxy?

For me, it's between that and Hellgate. Possibly COD4 as well, but I've never been a huge FPS fan.

16. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

Assassin's Creed is way up there, along with Guitar Hero 3. I've played CoD4, and it was pretty cool.

I think, though, that Assassin's Creed is my vote. The game is just epic, in my opinion.

17. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

18. X-Man

X-Man Second Year

The spike video game awards were a joke.

I gotta agree with Mid on the Halo 3 Sales.

As I said berore Super Mario Galaxy was the best 50 bucks I spent all year.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  19. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I've got Halo 3 because, as Mid pointed out, its the only decent Multiplayer Shooter on Xbox. I cant stand Gears of War's MP online shit. It was fun for a while, then it died out quickly.

Honestly, I have to say the best Console FPS has to be Resistance: Fall of Man. It beats Halo and Gears of War easily, and its a World War game with a decent fucking deviation to it.

But FPS games should remain strictly PC games. >_>

I need to go play Witcher now. I keep hearing mixed things about it.

20. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

For me, there really is no choice. It's all Bioshock.

Discounting that, though, I'd say either CoD4 or Mass Effect.