1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Your Predictions for Deathly Hallows, and Results

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KlavoHunter, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Actually, if I thought there were morals to the HP series, they would be something like,
    1) Kill your enemies Dead Dead Dead
    a) Ammunition isn't wasted if used on a target.
    b) If you aren't SURE he's dead, then he's sneaking up behind you
    2) Clemency to one's enemies is a fatal form of stupidity.
    3) trying to live up to the imagined standards of people who you never really knew is ASKING for disaster.
    4) Reporters are hostile until proven otherwise

2. Blah-the-Sixth

Blah-the-Sixth First Year

Granted the idea was a cliche, but it sure as hell beat Pettigrew's hand killing him over a life debt squabble. That being said, if you plan things from A-Z (which I'm not saying J.K.R. did or didn't) should you really change it because someone predicted what would happen?

I honestly believe that was the original plan for giving him a silver hand. If not, then why silver? Why not black? Bronze? Or some sickly looking color?

And on a final note, if an idea used in fanfiction acts as the deciding factor for how a published author writes, then think of all the horrible fucking shit that could have happened.

3. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Actually, I quite liked that bit. Clearly it had been thought through and planned from very early on.

1. We don't know if silver is harmful to werewolves in HP.

2. We don't know if Pettigrew's hand is actually the metal silver. It could merely be silver in colour.

3. I doubt Voldemort would give Peter a silver hand for the sole purpose of killing a single person, so the idea that his hand was silver so that he could kill Lupin is retarded.

4. Silver is simply more classy than other metals.

4. Blah-the-Sixth

Blah-the-Sixth First Year

All good counter-points, Taure. I never assumed Voldemort gave Peter the silver hand for the sole purpose of killing one man, but more of a plot device. Sorry for not clarifying that.

As I said, I know the idea was a cliche, but I still liked it. Other than that, there is no real reason to continue defending something that didn't happen.

5. Padfoot85

Padfoot85 Sixth Year

Like the other plot points in DH weren't used in fanfiction over and over? Sure she had something original with the bullshit Hallows. But most of the other main plot points were done several times.

Horcrux Hunt through an aimless forest a la LoTR

Dumble's Death being staged because he was dying and needed Snape to get close to Voldy

Snape loving Lilly

Harry being an unknown Horcrux

Dumbles being manipulative and not expecting Harry to live past defeating Voldy.

If you ask me she read some of the fanfictions and decided to forgo actually writing the last two books. It explains Gin-Gin's sudden rise in popularity, even if during the 7th book she was just some wank material for Harry at best. It also explains why so many of her plot points from 1-5 just got suddenly dropped for the last two books or "super book divided into two years"

6. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wow trying to fit in much? We've all heard the 'OMFG ShE STolE it 4m lotr1!!!nineeleven11!1' argument and nobody gives a shit anymore. The Remus/Pettigrew fight is cliche and old and I'm fucking glad she didn't use it.

Err, wut?

Wut wut?

Wut wut, indabutt?

Gtfo. Now.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  7. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    See Potter Law about nicknames Padfoot my boy.