1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[1.1] Chapter's posted date

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Link, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

It's one of the 'little' things that are sometime nice for the reader.

Let's say, 6 months ago I was reading a story called XXXXX, the author has written 20 chapters so far. But well, I didn't check everytime for updates, and I forgot about it... that is, until today. I see this story has now 50 chapters. However, I forgot where I left off as well, all I remember is that it was about 6 month ago. (Not really the best example...)

Unfortunatly, I'm unable to see when a chapter was posted; all I see is the Published date, and the Updated date of the story.

Would it be possible to add somewhere the date the chapter (that the reader's currently browsing through) was posted? With some luck, you already have the data in the mysql database, and at worse, well, I could do without this.

Damn, I hope you understood what I meant because it hurts me to read myself.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  2. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Yes, I do understand what you mean and I do also store the datetime of when the chapter was initially posted and last updated. I'll try to integrate it somehow.

Edit: I am ninja.

http://dev.patronuscharm.net/s/11/1/

At the bottom of every chapter is a relative date relating when it was posted, and if updated, when updated. After one month the date becomes a normal "January 11, 2007 at 9:06pm" sort of date. Hovering over the posted/edited date will also give the exact date/time.