1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete "A New Life (series)" by TVfan - T - Spider-Man

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by The Mysterious Nobody, Jan 9, 2009.

1. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

Title: A New Life
    Author: TVfan
    Rating: T
    Genre: General
    DLP Category: Other Fandoms
    Pairing: Peter Parker/Mary-Jane
    Chapters: 9
    Words: 69,794
    Updated: Sep 9, 2006
    Published: Dec 10, 2005

Summary: Peter has managed to survive the crisis created by The Other and is now set to try pick up with the business of living. But an old foe has returned and joined with a new one to create some serious trouble for the webbed hero.
    Link: Fanfiction.net

------

Title: All the King's Men
    Chapters: 9
    Words: 77,669
    Updated: Dec 22, 2007
    Published: Sep 26, 2006

Summary: Sequel to "A New Life". Peter continues to go about training MJ to be Arachne as Wilson Fisk returns to control New York Crime, drawing in a host of old and new bad guys.

------

Title: The Laws of Terror and Joy
    Chapters: 12
    Words: 112,831
    Updated: Jan 6, 2011
    Published: Feb 29, 2008

Summary: Sequel to "All the King's Men". The Scriers call for revenge on Spider-Man and Arachne, and as a larger conflict looms in the background, the arachnid themed heroes must find a way to win as life goes on.

------

Now that we have an "Other Fandoms" section, I though I could leave this here. I'm aware it doesn't have the sheer amount of quality that some other fics have here, but at least the stories are a pretty good read, and are among the best you can find in the "Spider-man" section in ff.net. Granted, it can be improved, but you won't find anything that much better if you're looking for Spidey FF...

That, and at least it doesn't involve Tobey Maguire getting it on with Kirsten Dunst, James Franco or Topher Grace...

Checked by Minion, February 11, 2015

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2015
  2. Nerdman3000

Nerdman3000 Seventh Year

So I decided to give this a read, and I can say that I greatly enjoyed this story. The best thing about it is that it totally ignores a lot of the problems I had with the Spider-Man comics leading up to One More Day. The author has himself stated that he plans to completely ignore OMD as well, something I am very pleased about. There aren't many good Spider-Man fanfics that deal with Peter's relationship with Mary Jane Watson, and I can say I greatly enjoyed this fic for it. The whole Mary Jane getting powers, while unneeded, was okay and didn't detract from the series.

The problems I have with the story though are the fact that while it does try to explain what happened in the comics before the story began, expects you to have read it, making it hard for any reader who has never read the Spider-Man comics before 2004-2006. It also has a lot of spelling mistakes, grammer mistakes, and no line breaks between each change of settings. My final problem is that the author seems to have very long spaces between each updates. I have PMed the author however, and he explained that he only writes fanfiction for fun and that he works as a professor in a university, something that makes it difficult for him to write, so I can excuse him for that.

Still, this story was indeed enjoyable to read and I did have fun reading the whole series, as well as his other story that takes place in the same universe as this story, dealing with the author's take on the Marvel Civil War. I'd give it a read if your a Spider-Man fan and if you hated One More Day and love Peter Parker/Mary Jane Watson. 4/5