1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Hawkin, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Three Families has been completed as of today, one of the first recommendations. I'm 55 out of 61 chapters in and I'll second the rec.

2. Nerdman3000

Nerdman3000 Seventh Year

Three Families is already in the library, and it's one of my favorite Avatar stories. Wonder if the author is planning a sequel with Korra considering that second ending...

3. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Man, I hope so. Seeing Korra here was fun.

---------- Post automerged 12-07-2013 at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was 12-06-2013 at 07:24 PM ----------

And a few more ALOK fics. Probably the last of them from me. Enjoy.

To the Right End
    Bolin proposes that they add the Avatar to their pro-bending team, but Mako has some things to say about that.

One Foot on the Ground
    Mako hadn't been awake for five minutes before he stumbled barefoot and shirtless out of his room to discover the Avatar sitting in their kitchen. Eating his food. And his brother was nowhere to be found.

A Breeze over the Edge of the World
    Korra and Mako fight to keep each other alive when a battle with an equalist goes disastrously wrong. Trapped and injured, the Avatar finds herself forced to deal with her duties to the world, her friends, and herself, whether she's ready for them or not.

Kaisei
    What if Korra had taken just a little more time to talk to people, and what if she had met Asami before the fabulous bending brothers? (Abandoned)

4. Matian

Matian Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Here's a few good ones, that I think haven't been posted before on this board:

Strong slightly angsty fic featuring Aang as a main character. Very impressive take on a unique love drama, but missing action. Good OCs as well.

From the same author. While seeing Aang in Zuko's role, and vice versa, can seem really strange, the author does an amazing job of exploring the two characters in their new roles. It's really well done and I love the portrayal of every character in the story, even though I thought some of the obstacles in the plot were very understated. The author isn't afraid to pull some punches either; you'll be surprised by some of the plot twists.

5. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

I wanted to post this one a while ago but I couldn't find it.

Offensive Strategy

Sokka tries to explain why you don't sleep with your friend's siblings.

6. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

I lack the words to explain the epic of what I just read. This is a life lesson here folks.

7. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Tales of Republic City
    Different episodes of Aang and Kataara's life from when they started living in Republic City to the end of their tale.

I got some feels from this by the end which isn't a normal occurrence for me.

8. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Rebuilding Lives
    Republic City needs to be rebuilt, but so do the lives of Avatar Korra and her friends. A set of interconnected short fics set during the finale.

Seige of the South
    AU. Thirty-five years after being frozen in his iceberg, Aang is awoken by a young Hama. But even in a world without the impending return of Sozin's Comet, Aang cannot escape his destiny as the Avatar.

The Long Game
    After the War, the people of Ba Sing Se have to put things back together. General How has his duty to the city and the Earth Kingdom; Long Feng has his ambition and political maneuverings.

A Matter of Patience
    A series of oneshots primarily focusing on the many colorful minor characters in the Avatar universe. Bumi and Toph earthbend the rules to pieces! Sokka and Hakoda cheat death in a father-son fishing trip! The Combustion Man's tragic origins explored!

Duty
    A slightly alternate universe...in order to keep the Fire Nation wolf from his door, Arnook suggests a peaceful resolution...a marriage between his daughter and the Fire Lord's son...

The Face Death Forgot
    One of the short stories from "The Fun and Perky Warrior's Tail" about Avatar Kyoshi.

Strings
    AU as of Episode 9. Amon never shows up, and Tarrlok succeeds in his plan to escape Republic City and take Korra with him as a hostage.

A World of Grey
    Four years after Amon's defeat, Korra becomes disillusioned as Republic City shows her its true face. Her relationship with Mako is strained as their responsibilities keep them apart. In the light of the murders of several women, she questions both the ability of the Police force and her role as the Avatar as she is driven towards a choice that will define her future.

Children of the War, Book 1: Water
    Thirty years ago, a good man gave in to his own evil. Because he did, everything changed. Now, the Avatar must navigate a harsher world, less friends, more peril. But there is hope: An accident left an acrobat where she ought not be. AU. Same guy who wrote Three Families.

The first in a four-part, completed series. First three parts cover canon and the last covers an original, Azula redemption fic which I consider to be the highlight of the series.

9. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Are there any good ATLA/Korra fanfics? I'd like to see some which blend a little bit of both universes. The good stuff from Korra with the great stuff from ATLA.

10. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

What counts as "the good stuff in Korra"?

Anyway, Tales of the Republic City covers several decades between ATLA and Korra. Starts off fairly focused on the Aang family but it does get more into the world-building as it progresses like Yakone and probending. And Three Families has Korra making semi-regular appearances, even getting involved in some of the fights.

Only ones I can think of, tbh. Both are in this thread.

11. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

I would like to recommend 100 Years

Locked away in the bowels of New Ozai, former king Bumi reminisces on a century of living. Experience the Mad Genius’ turbulent childhood in a world gripped by war.Avatar: Last Airbender - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Humor - Chapters: 21 - Words: 168,707 - Reviews: 160 - Favs: 123 - Follows: 77 - Updated: Aug 22, 2008 - Published: Feb 27, 2007 - Bumi, Aang

It's a Bumi origin story with a ton of world building and character development. Bumi has ups and downs and each experience visibly shapes him into the mad genius we see in the main series. Excellent writing and comes from the same author as one of my favorite Mass Effect fics, Interstitium. I highly recommend both stories, though fair warning: 100 Years is very much abandoned and unfinished. What's there is worth the read though.

Does anyone else know any other good fics that have gone unmentioned? I've recently rewatched both A:TLA and TLOK and what I've really been craving is a fic with either Aang in Korra's place or Korra in Aang's place, but anything would be welcome.

12. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

13. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Anyone got any suggestions for good Avatar Azula fics? I haven't managed to find any that can hold my attention for long.