1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

AYAW #2 - Return to Basics

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Riley, May 4, 2014.

1. Citrus

Citrus First Year

:colbert:

I might just spam in the other sub-forums since apparently I'm still not at the threshold...

2. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Only certain places add to your post count on boards/forums. The rank under your name changes based on posts and/or other activity is sometimes based on it. This is intentional by board mods usually to keep players posting where they like and disincentivise spam.

3. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Everywhere but Flash and Spam and Sick and perverse count towards post count.

4. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

That must explain it. Sometimes I post in the RL discussion thread here :)

5. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

I'll be destickying this on June 2nd, when Proph is scheduled to start his game. Any post gae stuff should be wrapped up by then folks!

6. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Thanks for the heads up Lexicat. :) And I appreciate a lot of the commenting in obs. It helps me to learn the board's "meta" especially for if I can continue to play games further after I get back from Sacramento.

7. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

edit: wrong thread

8. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

I hate Rubicon for giving me false hope that Riley had finally done the notes. Such dastardly intent.

9. Citrus

Citrus First Year

This to you both *grumble*

10. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

*insert fake mod notes here*

11. Sloth

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

12. Titus

Titus Squib

In the words of Paris Hilton, "That's hot."

13. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Sis I wish I was drunk :( That'd be the only way I'd understand you quoting Paris Hilton without sarcasm. Too bad I'm beer free to remember my Warehouse 13 ending.

14. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Summary of the game I think is best summed up with one song.

MathBlade singing Cowboy Casanova by Carrie Underwood about Sloth.

15. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

so how bout dem mod notes

16. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

BEFORE YOU GET YOUR HOPES UP

I do have them outlined and half written, however the past two months have been insanely busy. The culmination will be in two weekends with a trip to my grandparents in Texas. After that I'll have too much free time. I promise, I haven't forgotten or ignored it. I haven't had time to do much writing of any kind (which as an author is irritating). I barely have time to play the Witchhunt (I don't know what possessed me to sign up for that) as well as class and work and writing and family stuff.

Please, bear with me a bit longer, I promise the end and analysis are in sight.

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

That sad feeling when you enter a thread with high hopes, only to see "BEFORE YOU GET YOUR HOPES UP"

18. Sloth

[​IMG][​IMG]

19. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Post incoming.

---------- Post automerged at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Organized Player/Role List:

1. Sloth = Werewolf 1
    - Sloth is a tough one to play against in several regards. He can be persuasive on occasion if facts line up neatly and the opposing player is unsure, hesitant or a passive player. His usual focus on long read-walls was amazingly not in play as fully in this game and that threw some players for a loop. If this had been a Third Party game and he was TP, it’d have been much more solid and he’d probably have won much cleaner.

2. Burkion = Umbriel (MENTOR - Kalas) (REPLACED BY MONOCHROME/DELPHINE)
    - Burkion didn’t get much action in before being replaced which was ok. Monochrom took up the slack and asked a few poignant questions. It’s not clear to me just how much forum experience Mono has but IRC seemed to serve decently as a training tool for Mono. I’ll be advising future new players to play a game or two on IRC if possible, simply to learn terms of game and strategy as well as to allow for mingling of old and new players. Monochrome did end up dying but that’s ok. Great first DLP game all around.

3. TerRaine = Terciel (MENTOR - Bill Door)
    - TerRaine lucked out with BillDoor as a mentor as BillDoor has a strong grasp of mechanics, interaction and strategy. She leaned heavily on Bill in the QT and Bill was a great response. Some slight worry in late game about being consistently on the Mislynch list combined with casting the scum leader as a Towns folk led to her unfortunate demise. Not the best player in the game, but persistently tried and willing to listen.

4. Rubicon = Jeriziel
    - Was a good player. Did his best to hunt but was caught flat footed a couple of times. In the end he was not able to pull out the desired results. He hung on till the end but I feel he was beating himself up for most of the game. Due to his end game though, Town was able to win

5. Atum = Kalliel (MENTOR - Fontisian)
    - A newer player to the site and a fairly lack luster player. Could have had more interaction but chose to try and do self solve. Didn’t work too well. I can’t really say much about his playstyle either.

6. Dermon = Werewolf 2 (Replaced by Mbond98)
    - Dermon was replaced by Mbond who was quickly killed. Not able to get into a groove of any kind. Insufficient data from Dermon or Mbond for analysis

7. Citrus = Ezekiel
    - Always a strong player. Only had one point at which he was the bandwagon before his eventual death. I always am amused to see how hard others put the hurt on Citrus when he’s town. It’d be to his detriment though to continue this kind of play if he’s scum. This time he wasn’t.

8. Maiden = Liriel
    -Fairly quiet as well. Not as bad as Dermon. Did attempt to scum hunt but not very effectively in the end. Insufficient data for more analysis.

9. MathBlade = Omoriel
    -The other survivor of the game. Was led through many hoops and circles but eventually pulled out the win. A good showing for a fairly new to the site player. Had a lot of chemistry with her sister but that’s to be expected. Didn’t quite get the end result as early as I thought she would based on QT and play but did win, so there’s that.

10. Ika = Agariel
    -Loud, brash, killed quickly and took up secondary mod role. Thanks ika. No notes though as I may or may not have ignored a large amount of your text that wasn’t important.

11. Lyrium = Nick
    -Didn’t get much action as the seer. Correctly shot at Dermon but was killed same night. Due to unfortunate events did not get to fully play the Seer.

12. LochNess = Sabriel (REPLACED BY TITUS)
    -Titus was Titus. I can never really fully analyze the play as there’s just so much. I’ll leave this as a note to be careful of her.

13. Snowvon = Lashiel (MENTOR - Prophylaxis)
    Analyzed very well but had Prophy for a mentor so good wall to bounce ideas off of. Did a decent job of calling scum but was killed partway through. Could have done better if left for later in game.
    Lead Anchor: Dermon for just destroying a lot of Sloth’s effectiveness at game start
    Golden Deerstalker: MathBlade for trying so damn hard to solve the game
    Silver Moon: Sloth for being one of the closest Wolves to win a game in a long time
    Red “F”: Riley for failing to get this analysis up in a timely manner.

20. Citrus

Citrus First Year