1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Batgirl: The Movie

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Heather_Sinclair, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

Welllll.

Source

No details other than Joss Weadon is Write/Direct/Produce for Warner/DC. Of course he was up to do the same for Wonder Woman before things fell apart.

2. R. E. Lee

R. E. Lee Groundskeeper

I like the idea of a Batgirl movie. DC should focus on the Bat Family and ignore their other properties if they want a proper movie EU.

Not so sure I love Joss Whedon on it. His movies always have the same quirks, and I don't know if they'd work in this one.

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I'm going to be upset if Whedon comes in, creates the ONE film in the DCMU that's proper superhero atmosphere, leaves, and that one movie ends up being Batgirl of all things.

4. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Surprising news, but WB is probably getting desperate with their properties. Yes, they're making plenty of money, but as the last three Spider-Man's films prove, if your franchise films are continuously mediocre and divisive, they will quickly stop being as profitable as you want them to be.

And it may just work if they actually let Whedon do what he wants for most part.

5. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I love the idea of a Batgirl movie although I would prefer Cassandra Cain and/or Stephanie Brown to Barbara Gordon. Would love her as Oracle and the other two as either Batgirl and Spoiler or Batgirl and Black Bat.

I'll take the Babs movie though. Anything as long not another Batman or Superman reboot.

6. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Didn't Whedon have issues working under such heavy restrictions with Avengers? I mean... if they let Joss Whedon do their thing here, I'm going to be the first one to jump into the cinema seat.

7. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    I agree Cassandra Cain would be a more compelling story than Barbara Gordon. I also think Katherine Kane would be a great story even though she is BatWoman.

8. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

Cassandra Cain would be a very interesting movie, but it would be difficult to pull off if they were true to canon. There's too much background to be laid unless it was a trilogy or something along those lines. I don't think people have that much patience to wait for it.

However, if they started with Barbara Gordon and laid the groundwork, have her injured at the 'end of the first/beginning of the second' movie, bring in Cassandra to take her place while she slides over to Oracle...

I could deal with a No Man's Land'ish plot.