1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Brass & Tax Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

I actually don't understand why either. I never have any trouble and I can be oblivious beyond belief.

The Zeit modkill still made me sad because he's a good player although I can see how mechanics confusion could falsely town or scum!firm a player. Still, sadness because he was doing so well.

Thanks for notes Prophylaxis. Day vig was the best role although its players seemed to be living in outer space.

Fontisian, can you explain how the stats work more? I don't quite get it.

2. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Actually this is something I've been wondering--Titus, you killed me, the same night Blab did. I mean, you had no way of knowing someone would hit me (I think you thought I was scum), so what was your plan? After so long evading action so SKs aren't confirmed, it struck me as weird you'd act now.

3. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

This game was stressful as fuck near the end there.

I think part of my problem is that when I'm convinced of something (even if it's wrong) I'm stubborn as fuck at first and that puts people off. then when I back down because I realize I'm wrong, it never looks like that because of the paranoia, instead my retreat looks like a scum who failed a gambit and people jump on that.

Any other comments on my play style. Like I've mentioned before, I'm trying to get better.

Also, the Ice Cream question actually had serious points to it. If anyone wants to know: basically, the harder you pushed me to go for a real question on Day 1, the more town I thought you were. This isn't a fool proof method as I have to take personalities into play (which I did poorly this time around).

4. Titus

Titus Squib

Survival. You and Citrus were both suggesting I was scum. I could win a 1 v 1 with Citrus. However, if you both joined forces, I wouldn't live. One of the two of you needed to die. I also didn't think anyone was shooting you.

I fully expected blab to die, leaving Citrus, Sloth, Riley and me...maybe one other. Riley would orobably hammer or scum would nk him.

---------- Post automerged at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------

Riley, I have the same problem frequently. It comes from being passionate. The lack of tunneling can only be helped by highlighting other possible scenarios where the person isn't scum. If a player isn't gambiting, I have about a 75% accuracy rate on my tunnels. Gambiting fucks up my reads...usually. Figure out what fucks up your reads and go for it.

Tunnels aren't bad if you are right if listening.