1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Castle

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Illution, Mar 3, 2009.

1. gorgonfish

gorgonfish Second Year

This season has new showrunners who going by their interviews defending their decisions have no clue what they're doing.

Also, what is with all the precinct characters acting like Castle should let all this Beckett stuff go because he was abducted against his will for two months? Even a pregnancy storyline would have been better than this crap.

2. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I learned a long time ago that no matter what happens with Saint Beckett, Castle will always be the asshole who needs to change what hes doing. The thing that is driving me crazy is this notion she has that by distancing herself shes magically made Castle bulletproof. It is absolutely not any kind of secret that she loves him, if they want to get to her the very first place they are going to go is Castle no matter how far she shuts him out and the only difference is that hes going to get shot while depressed because his wife wont talk to him anymore.

3. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I maybe take the show less seriously than I used to before the Bracken revelation. So I do tend to enjoy things that, if I took them at face value, I'd find more fault with. One of my favorite episodes a while ago was that 70's setting with Rick and Beckett, where the guy they met still lived like it was in that era.

So if I squint I can see that the the most likely notion to justify what Beckett is doing with Rick is, IIRC, his father and now mother-in-law should be able to offer a passing shade of security for him. But really, it's not like that has prevented his kidnapping, what, twice now? So really its all a moot point. There's just tension for the sake of it, only it isn't real, and she should be at his side any way if the crap will hit the fan no matter what.

4. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Every now and then there's a few posts in this thread that make me wonder whether I should catch up on this show.

Then a few posts later I'm definitely glad I didn't try. I get the feeling I'd get more frustration than enjoyment out of the show.

And same Sorrows, I must have watched the first few seasons at least 4 times as well. I ended up giving up about half way into the season after they got together.

5. Krogan

High Score:
    And I could live with that notion if they didn't keep trying to say that Castle is being a baby and an asshole for not blindly going along with what Beckett wants.

6. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think I'm more annoyed with everyone's reaction to the 'conflict' than the conflict itself.

7. Krogan

High Score:
    Oh I know, it was the first time I've ever honestly disliked Lanie when she tossed Castles abduction in his face as reason for him to shut up and let Beckett do whatever she likes.

8. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I sometimes rewatch better episodes, those without stupid Beckett drama, and that usually last till the end of season 4 after that the whole angst and woe-me thing makes me hurl. And I have been thinking about catching up, but I refuse to sully my memories.

9. Gengar

High Score:
    Understandable. I did the same thing with Suits, completely checked out when it strarted going heavy on relationship angst.

10. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Hmm. I've only seen up to the end of series 6, and stuff like this does make me wonder whether I want to watch the rest. From what I've heard though, series 7 finishes on quite a good note - think I read that they weren't sure whether they'd be renewed or not so left it open-ended? Or is that not the case?

11. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So Angel... I honestly don't know anymore...

12. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    I'm sorry, what was the question again? I got lost in a little piece of heaven for a few minutes there.

13. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    I liked this episode for the most part, continued Beckett drama aside.

14. Gengar

High Score:
    This seems oxymoronic, lol

15. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Hah, yes. I mean actual plot. Ryan and Javier. I should have known the murderer would ultimately come back to who it did in the end. I was also surprised at how cheaply Ryan sold himself.

16. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    Yeah... I think it may be time to put this show to bed. Fillion recently said they were working to get it back to what it was in earlier seasons, but they seem to be doing that at the expense of all subsequent character development.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    Honestly? As much as I still love Ryan and Espo, I've definitely fallen out of love with the show.

I want to see Fillion in something else tbh.

18. Krogan

High Score:
    Sigh :/, I think I'm calling it quits on this show. I was so happy with most of this episode and then that ending had to go and fuck it all up.

Castle was finally showing some god damn backbone again, not paying attention to all this "Just trust her" crap, telling Beckett where she could shove her nonsense and what did it amount to?

"I'm sorry."
    "No, you lied to me, you didn't trust me and hurt me repeatedly for reasons you know are bullshit."
    "I'm really sorry?"
    "All is forgiven, let's fuck."

All I can be thankful for at this point is that they didn't try and turn it around to make Castle look like the asshole for wanting to know what's going on like his mother suggested.

Finally, fuck Vikram. I never liked him to start but he rapidly cemented himself as pretty close to the worst character currently on the show.

19. funkytoad

funkytoad Fifth Year

Not to mention the hacking scene...

20. Gengar

High Score:
    I skipped the hacking. Just... Ugh

Vikram is whatever. He's not been around long enough to despise.

If I had a mother and daughter like Martha and Alexis though, with their 'support'? Yeah, they're highest on my shit list.