1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Derelict by Crazy-88 - T - Stargate/BSG

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by Skeletaure, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Title: Derelict
    Author: Crazy-88
    Rating: T
    Genre: Crossover
    Summary: Waiting for eons in an unclaimed Star System of the Milky Way Galaxy, one of the last great inventions of the Ancients will show the way home for one people and bring two Galaxies into an all out war…
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2644549/1/Derelict_A_Stargate_nBSG_crossover

Awesome story, one of my favourites. Very slow update rate. A very fun read nonetheless.

2. dmacx

dmacx Groundskeeper

This is, indeed, an excellent story.

I expect the update rate will pick up when he finishes his NGE fic, which is absolutely epic, and seems to be what he's concentrating on right now as he just updated it.

Chris does some amazing character work in both stories.

3. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

I have read this, as well. I've never seen BSG, but I had no trouble getting into the story. The incredibly slow update rate is upsetting, but it is still worth reading.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  4. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It sounds like you're thinking of a different Stargate/BSG crossover, in which Earth and the colonies are enemies. In this they are not.

5. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah I know the one your talking about, I forget the author but it was called Reunions are a Bitch. As for this one it was surprisingly better than I thought it would be, these BSG crossovers are really hit or miss with the other fandom usually ass raping the BSG stuff but this wasn't too bad.

6. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Yep, I was so I edited it out.

7. dmacx

dmacx Groundskeeper

Author = Ash's Boomstick

If you want to avoid the typical assrape, try http://forum.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=80409. It's a nBSG / Space Above and Beyond cross. Spartan303 was supposed to do a sequel, but I don't think he got around to it. It's not the typical curbstomp.

8. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

The distinct lack of decent Stargate stories led me to try and read this one. Biggest mistake I've made this week.

I got to chapter 8, and quit reading when the author added STARWARS into the mix. WTF? I can hardly stand BSG (the TV shows were...annoying...I don't know why), but throw Starwars and Stargate in with them? It's a big bag of fail.

2/5 for an alright first 7 chapters. -1/5 for adding Starwars to the mix. Total: 1/5

9. Nefar

Nefar Seventh Year

Yeah, all... eight paragraphs. And five of those one liners. That's sure a lot of StarWars.

10. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

Then why the fuck add it in the first place? You wont change my mind as to continue reading this clusterfuck of a story.

11. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

It was added to show the CULTURAL CONTAMINATION that is occuring in regards to the Jaffa and their dealings with Earth. It was added because it's a serious issue added in a lulzy way. It was added to piss off idiots who take themselves far too seriously and don't know when to shut the fuck up.

12. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

I don't know if that was supposed to sting or not.

You can do better than that asshat.

13. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

Yes, I can, but I'm trying to be half-way civil instead of calling you the pig fucker you are acting like.;) :p

Seriously though, that bit served a purpose, and unless you have less patience than a baby monkey on a sugar high, or you failed the majority of your high school social science classes, you should have been able to see that what is essentially an alien culture spending their time watching Earth media is a big deal in regards to how they will view and interact with Earth later on. While the majority of the Jaffa loved it, others amongst the Jaffa hated the lure that Earth culture has shown, and by putting a scene like that in the fic, you set up what is needed for any potential cultural clashes to take place later on.