1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Doctor Who Scripts

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Quick Ben, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

I was listening to some of Neil gaiman's interviews and I he said that writing for Doctor Who was one of his best personal achievements(or something like that, I'm paraphrasing).

It got me thinking, why don't we share or come up with stories for the show. Kind of like plot bunnies, who knows maybe one day one of our writers here might get a job at the show(especially seeing as most of the writers on the show were big fans of the show.)

I'll start us off.

Clara(or whoever will be the companion) asks the Doctor to take her to a completely alien world where she can see something new and something that isn't human or resemble a human at all. The Doctor picks a planet but the Tardis been the tardis takes him to another planet.

They land in a completely alien world and they go about exploring until they meet the natives of the planets peaceful creatures but they are trying to evcuate. The reason been the planet is been invaded by aliens and they are mining they are systematically destroying their world continent after continent mining for something.

The Doctor decides to help out and go see this invading force. He finds them and discovers that they are humans. They talk and they tell him that the planet has some minerals vital for their ships to fly so that they can evacuate their home worlds since their sun was about to explode destroying that particular solar system.

The Doctor tries to find a solution for the Sun but their is none, tries to find a solution for the fuel but that one is the most viable and it can be taken back in time.

So he has a choice to make, save the humans or save the aliens(one of the things I would make sure not to show are children or old people on both sides).

The Doctor decides to save the aliens deciding that it was not the end of the human race and they would somehow live on.

So what do you guys think and what are your ideas. Lets make this work.

2. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Interesting idea there, Quick. Maybe a little close in terms of plot to episodes like The Beast Below, or The Fires of Pompeii, but interesting, and it would be nice to see him saving the aliens for a change.

My episode would be a 'meet the historical figure' one. Specifically, Colonel Thomas Blood. Bit of a rogue, best known for his attempt to steal the Crown Jewels from the Tower of London in 1671. He didn't succeed, but that didn't matter - he asked for an audience with King Charles II, and walked away a free man. No-one really knows why; there's been speculation that the King was in on it, as a sort of proto-insurance scam, that he was scared of a possible uprising if he had Blood killed, or possibly just that he admired Blood's balls. Regardless, the upshot of it was that Blood committed an act of treason, and walked away with an estate in Ireland worth about £500 a year.

I'd take it one of two ways. When I first came up with it, it was going to turn out that Blood was a young Captain Jack Harkness. When he was first introduced, they mentioned that he'd woken up one morning with amnesia of the last two years or so, as a result of which he left the Time Agency. My idea was that he would either be a corrupt Time Agent, going through history and obtaining significant/valuable objects, or merely the pawn of corrupt Time Agents, which would add a little more conflict.

Alternatively, Blood would be a real person, and the Jewels are going to be stolen by random aliens (or, I suppose, random corrupt Time Agents), and the Doctor recruits Blood to help him stop the theft.

Either way, the upshot is that the Doctor saves Blood at the King's audience, and if I went the Captain Jack route, organises the brain wipe to get him to the state he was in for meeting him in WW2.

3. Quick Ben

Nice. So you'd basically be expanding on the whole Time agent thing then. Though has the Doctor ever concerned himself with things beyond life and death?

Like would he really care whether the crown jewels of England were stolen. Or would he be stopping the theft to save Jack or Blood(since he likes the guy).

4. Shinysavage

High Score:
    Probably not in and of itself, but it's a relatively well known historical event. Jack would have Time Agent tech to use, so would probably get away and off planet with it, which would change the timeline, and if it was the real Blood, then you could argue that without the Doctor's assistance he'd be executed, which again would alter the timeline. Maybe not in reality shattering ways, but it's always nice to avoid these things where possible!

Plus, particularly with Eleven, who I will always envisage writing for, I think there's a strong streak of "Hey, this looks fun, let's get involved!"

5. Quick Ben

The thread is slow huh. Ok maybe I'll try and keep it alive and hopefully it picks up.

The episode starts with the Doctor landing in a city that is both ruined and has really great buildings. Seconds later a man comes sprinting past them clearly afraid and the Doctor been curious decides to go and see whats going on.

He finds a building that's rigged with explosives and is just about to blow up but he defuses it. The man comes back and starts berating the Doctor asking him whats he doing stopping his work while at the same time he starts setting up the explosives again(kind of how the Doctor just talks to distract people). Then seeing that the guy has basically set it up to go off in seconds the all run away and there's a big ass explosion.(Oh and the Doctor had also discovered that their signs of life in the building that was just destroyed)

Anyway the Doctor is pissed and he wants some answers, so he psychic papers the guy to take him to his leader.They reach the base of operations. The Doctor discovers that this was once a planet colonized by humans but they had recently(like 50 years) been invaded by aliens.

Apparently confident in their superiority the Aliens had issued something akin to a challenge, that they could do their best to push them out and they wouldn't offer too strong a resistance because they knew humans were weak and what not. i.e they wouldn't use the weapons they used to conquer the planet to oppose them.

Something about all this doesn't sit right with the Doctor so he goes off and talks to this invaders. He discovers that they were actually a peaceful race until something happened to their planet and they had to find a new home. The found this one to be viable but the resources at were not enough to sustain two species. So they'd conquered slaughtering millions.

Since they were peaceful by nature this destroyed and they were consumed by guilt. Most of them offered to leave the planet but those who were pro-invasion destroyed all their ships(setting of a civil war that the humans didn't know about).

They decided that instead they would commit suicide by human and that is why they issued their challenge(fanning the human hate in the process) while in the process doing their best to help them out. For example placing false information that they were experimenting on humans and discovered ways to improve their health and what not.

Anyway long story short. The Doctor tries and fails to make them see reason both of them and he decides that he was basically going to end the aliens suffering himself and he devices a way to kill them all at once.

What do you think, too dark for Doctor who?

6. Shinysavage

High Score:
    The main story isn't - it's dark, but they've covered stuff like that before, for instance in The Doctor's Daughter episode (mind you, your idea sounds infinitely better than that slice of rubbish!) I'd be really interested in seeing this take on it though.

The ending? Maybe. It's not like it's the first time the Doctor has committed genocide, but helping a species commit suicide cuts a little close. Mind you, Moffat had Rory and Amy commit effective suicide two or three times in total over their time on the show, so you never know. There is precedent for it, I suppose - actually in the same episodes I mentioned earlier in the thread, weirdly; be interesting to know how highly you rate them :p - but the scale, and actively aiding it...I'd be surprised if that got past the producers. Might work as one of the tie-in novels though.

7. Quick Ben

I did actually like the two episodes. Although I thought it was somewhat of a cop-out when they made the star whale a willing participant although I suppose that as a kids show that would be the logical outcome to make.(Don't know if you did to but I was imagining a sapper when I thought of that opening scene)

If they ever asked me for advice for the show I would tell them to make just one episode where humans aren't always the nice guys because Doctor who loves sucking humanity's balls.

I've also noticed that I can't come up with smaller scale ideas, like yours, it would fit brilliantly with the current show.

You know what, why don't we make up our own season of Doctor who? with a series arc and everything.