1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

E3 2017

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's that most wonderful time of the year!

What do you all most want to see?

I'm hoping for more God of War. I wanna see what Sucker Punch is working on and hopefully Bloodborne 2.

I'm also hoping we get more than a two minute documentary and some concept art from the new SW games.

2. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

I want a release date and hopefully showing on the High Elves for Total War Warhammer II.

3. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

I really, desperately want the various publishers to put on real-time demos of their games, showcasing the design focus and general performance of their games, and building realistic expectations for the end product.

And while I'm at it, I also want a billion dollars and a pony.

More realistically, I'd like to see some real gameplay from Viking!God of War, and I would absolutely love to hear that Star Wars: 1313, or something similar, is actually being made. Other than that, not much. It's all a bunch of dumb hype bullshit that means basically nothing, so I tend to be skeptical about it at best.

4. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've become burned out on E3 and announcements over time. I'll get the games when they arrive.

Actually, I'll get the games when they go on sale for 75% off. Not like there's a lack of 'em to play.

(Except Pokemon. Nintendo Direct tomorrow for Pokemon information. Gimme that. Tell me something awesome is happening at E3 for Pokemon and then do Pokemon stuff there.)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  5. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

The Pokemon direct tomorrow has historically announced new full games. Hoping for something cool.

I want to see more progress on FF7, KH3 (despite the delays).

6. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Word on the grapevine is that they're both 3 years away from release.

7. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

You're in luck then! I hope they have something substantial to show of GoW though. Shouldn't be too long now until release.

Is it too early to see Last of Us 2 info?

Pokemon Stars or a Diamond/Pearl/Platinum remake please too. But I think info on that is coming tomorrow anyway! :nyan:

8. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

Yeah... An FMV trailer would be nice, even if there's no gameplay ready.

9. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Maybe something with Cyberpunk 2077, more info on Vampyr and I'm curious as to what Ubisoft is doing with Assassins Creed, hopefully we get more info and something that looks like a step in the right direction.

Sey
  10. Hush

Hush Seventh Year

High Score:
    Nah, fuck that. I prefer to forget about games that have excessively long production times. I'd rather they not waste time with meaningless trailers and have them focus on finishing their product. A trailer would only remind me how terrible these guys are at sticking to a deadline. Let them sort out the game rather than trying to build hype that we know from experience will burn people out.

As for me anything from anyone of Sony's silent first parties.

11. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Man... KHII came out in 2005. And now 3 more years? Fuck that noise. Fuck it, I say.

[​IMG]

12. Gengar

High Score:
    I don't know how Nomura still has a job. The amount of money he's pissed away on KH and VersusXIII/XV must be staggering.

Re Assassin's Creed, from memory, the game is being set in egypt, but is also based in the Mediterranean in general and I remember ship combat being mentioned. Maybe even Spain and Greece? Who knows, I'm excited for it though.

Might be too soon for Cyberpunk. I think they were still hiring for it recently.

As for TLoU2, I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm guessing that'll be one of the last big titles to come out on PS4 (that or Death Stranding) in 2019/20.

13. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Any thoughts on what Bioware's new IP is? Or think it'll show up?

14. Gengar

High Score:
    Doubt it. Much more likely to see the SW stuff EA are working on.

Maybe a teaser.

15. Agayek

It's entirely possible that Bioware's new project is a SW game in some fashion. I'd give it slightly worse than even odds.

16. Gengar

High Score:
    It's not, haven't they specifically said 'New IP'?

17. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Nah, Cyberpunk 2077 is way, way off from release. I figure the soonest we'll get some actual in-game footage is either 2018 or 2019. They can't afford to build up too much hype, otherwise they won't be able to deliver on fans' expectations.

As for Vampyr, is that even still a thing? Every time I see some 'news' about the game, it's actually just regurgitating what we've already heard and seen before.

18. Agayek

"New IP" doesn't necessarily preclude a Star Wars title. For example, "Star Wars: 1313" was a new IP, set in the star wars universe. Admittedly, it's a bit rules-lawyer-y, but EA's pulled shit like that in the past, so it wouldn't surprise me if they tried it again.

I mean, like I said, I give it better than even odds that it's not a Star Wars game, but there's still a decent chance that it is.

19. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I guess it's too much to expect that EA will announce they're putting BioWare out of it's misery?

20. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Honestly sad Mass Effect has been shelved. Yes Andromeda had a plethora of issues but the series still had potential.

As for Vampyr I haven't heard much lately, but I'm hopeful something pops up.

I'd be curious about Atlus's Project Re: Fantasy and SMT Switch, but Atlus don't really do anything at E3 so I'll wait for later in the year.