1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

E3 2018

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Heleor, May 29, 2018.

1. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Yeah, if Atlus is going to show something really new rather than something getting brought over, I think it'll be at TGS in September. I don't really care about Persona that much, I just hope we're getting more details about SMT V. A new trailer or plot or something to get hype over.

Also I heard some shit about yet another P4 adaption? I don't remember what kind it was but it's presumably going to be shit.

2. Sataniel

Sataniel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Catherine Fullbody and Project Re:Fantasy whatever that is.
    Yeah, but I doubt it's a new "main" game.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah, SMT V is almost assuredly TGS. P4 thing was just badly worded. The article talked about the complete Persona 4 anime BD-box, the BlazBlue crossover game and the ending of Ultra Suplex Hold manga. P5 seems to be getting a second manga adaptation though.

3. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Atlus will probably show more of the p3/5 rhythm games.

4. mrkain

mrkain Second Year

I'm looking forward to seeing Smash, Fire Emblem, and KH3. They are all supposed to release this year, and I'm definitely picking them up day one.

Also just saw a lot ppl saying Pokémon Switch is being announced tonight. Guess we'll find out in a few hours.

5. Gengar

High Score:
    There is a not insignificant part of me that hopes Smash is just the wiiu version 'deluxe'. Some will be satisfied, but the salt from the rest will be hilarious.

6. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Borderlands 3

7. Gengar

High Score:
    Pitchford said they won't be at E3, and we all know we can take him at his word :3

8. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

I'd be annoyed. I liked Sm4sh but if it was going to be a port I would have expected them to say it up front, like with every other port.

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh no. I just realized I will be at a wedding during most of the conferences.

Dear Embassy Suites, please upgrade your wifi so I can binge dem glorious HD E3 trailers at 2 in the morning.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    Pokemon let's go Eevee/Pikachu out November.

Apparently the proper big rpg is next year.

There's a game called Pokemon Quest out now?

Looks like Go functionality is just cosmetic... But I'm getting that fucking embarrassing pokeball too, because I bet it's better than a joycon.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  11. mrkain

mrkain Second Year

Yea quest is out now on the switch. "Free to start" I'll try it out in a bit.

12. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    I'm curious whether it's Go repackaged with a flimsy campaign mode or a full campaign mode that just lets you port in Go pokes. Hopefully the latter. If so I may finally go hunting for a cheap Switch.

13. Gengar

High Score:
    I mean, it looks like touched up yellow much like fire red /leaf green maybe. I'm sure those questions will be asked soon though.

14. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

Let's Go was leaked well beforehand -- I just didn't think the rumors were true.

It's a Pokemon Yellow remake with a bunch of new features, like Go integration and co-op play. (This has been confirmed by the official Pokemon twitter.)

15. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Well that's a bland choice. As much as a sucker I am for Kanto, I don't think I'll be shelling out if the plot is the same.

16. Gengar

High Score:
    Lol. Plot.

17. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No, it really doesn't. It needs to be put out of its misery. I'd rather fucking EA axe them now than let them slowly bleed out onto Anthem's inevitable corpse. I have very little faith that it'll be anything but another Andromeda. Anthem has two problems: it took resources away from ME:A so there will certainly be the sentiment "what Andromeda could've been if not for this" and, well, it's not ME, but a new IP. And ME has 10 years of history behind it now. And that's before we even know anything solid about the game. We can also guess that it's a "live services" thing rather than a solid single-player experience.

Regarding DA and ME, notice just how similar these series are. First installments of both are huge, sprawling epics. Second installments have less cohesive overarching stories, but are rather like anthologies. ME2 in particular is kind of built like a short story collection. Same goes for DA2, really. And both of these games have a main plot that serves less as a main plot of its own and more as a setup for the end of the trilogy.

For me, DAO>ME, ME2<DA2 (I still like DA2 though, I will defend snarky!Hawke to death), ME3 wasn't as great as ME2 in singleplayer, but goddamn, the multiplayer was magnificent. BW captured lightning in a bottle and it was their last great hurray. They tried to repeat that success in DAI, but as far as I know from YT and second-hand reports, they didn't quite succeed. I never played DAI, so I won't pass judgment on it, but let me say, when I found out they nerfed companion tactics and the PC version only had 8 hotkeys (CONSOLE PORT) my interest in DAI waned considerably and in the end I never picked it up.

And then fucking Andromeda happened.

Does anyone really want the team that gave the world MEA ("my face is tired") to get their hands on DA too? I sure don't. ME and DA are best left to the fandom now. I will miss BW of the early 2010s, but if the price is to let it die, hey we got ME2 out of it, which is one of the best games I've ever played (definitely my Top 5).

18. Gengar

High Score:
    Any game that has a slutty, snarky pirate will always have my love, lol.

19. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Hey man, when you're 9, foiling Team Rocket's dastardly machinations and becoming a Pokemon Master is Grade A 100% plot.

20. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

Just curious...do we know where the “OG squad” of bioware ended up? I know the doctors basically left gaming...but who were the other important fixtures that made bioware great?