1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fall 2015 Anime Season

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Pure Infinity, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Curry Potter

Curry Potter Second Year

I'll probably watch Noragami and Haikyuu, might give One Punch Man a shot too.

Everything else just seems pretty meh this season.

2. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

One Punch Man, Owarimonogatari (get hype) and Noragami are definites. And I'll watch Owari no Seraph if I finish the first season soon.

Anything else is gonna depend on how good they are.

3. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

One Punch, Haikyuu!, Owari, Black Jack Prequel and Concrete Revolutio seems to be the 5 I'll be starting with.

4. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

That's kind of supposed to be the joke. At it's core, One Punch Man is a comedy manga. It's more a commentary on/parody of characters like Superman or Goku - presenting the archetype of the typical "OP superhuman" in a whole new, very original light.

5. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, I got that from the beginning.

The joke just doesn't interest me. That, and the main character's appearance is eminently boring/annoying.

6. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Saitama is probably the most casually troll protag in Shounen. I'm looking forward to the anime, I'm sure the fights will be a spectacle worth watching.

7. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

So fucking pumped for Haikyuu 2.

The concept of One Punch Man never really drew me in, but given the universal love the manga seems to get from everyone, I'll definitely be giving that a go too.

Gundam, though I'm prepared to be disappointed. As I am with every Gundam that's come out since SEED, which wasn't even that good. But I'll be secretly hoping for another Wing regardless...

Garo has been on my list for a while. If I have time, I might go watch the first season and then get up to date on the second.

For those who watched K season 1, is it worth it? First episode seemed good, but second put me off.

Same question for Owari season 1. I heard it described as a shitter, less interesting version of Shingeki? Not gonna lie, Hiroyuki Sawano doing the OST does make me interested though.

8. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

I'm expecting a lot from Haikyuu! Need my sport anime fix so bad. I don't think I'll be watching much else as it's released. Too much else to do currently, and I have a long list of older series to catch up on anyway, which can be marathoned, which is really my preferred method of watching.

9. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I tried One Punch Man and never really got that far in before quitting.

I'm interested in a general sense in a new Gundam, but with the only other title in here that I recognize being Digimon Tri, I'm definitely ready to see what they do after the smattering of hype filling the subreddit for so long.

10. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    You really should give OPM another go, I think every single character in that series is fun/interesting (except some of the shitter villains).

11. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Mm. At the moment I'm working through AoT in my spare time, I'll try OPM again afterward.

12. Mutton

Mutton Order Member

Haven't had a chance to watch OPM but I'm hearing pretty terrible things about the adaptation. Otherwise I'll wait until the season is at least 10 or so in until trying anything out.

13. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Haikyuu! Started off great, the switch worked even if it meant I'm still waiting for Yachi

14. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I tried watching the first two eps of season 1 Haikyuu based on the enthusiasm up in here for season 2. Does it get better? Because I was pretty bored.

15. Phantasm

Phantasm Second Year DLP Supporter

I was pretty impressed with the pilot episode of the new Gundam show. It's the first one I've watched since Seed/Destiny and 00, it has potential to be better than both from that.

Also watched the first episode of Heavy Object, hoping it gets better but the first episode was weak on plot and characterization and just served as a huge infodump and some fanservice. I'll give it a few more episodes but not holding out quite so much hope for it.

16. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Like most sports anime, it will take a few episodes before it really takes off. Haikyuu revs up relatively quickly, with the first 'arc' actually ending pretty strong and finishing at episode 4-5. I'd suggest at least getting to that point before deciding whether you want to drop it or not.

17. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Yeah the first episode of the new Gundam was good. Now here's hoping it doesn't go full retard before the end.

18. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think we'll be fine for the most part. They seem to have scaled waaaaaay back on the pseudo science for a more realistic setting.

19. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

OPM is amazing I think. How it handles the entire thing is pretty hilarious, and its refreshing to see someone showing how fucked up shonen protagonists are by the end of their main arc.

20. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

First episode of One Punch Man didn't exactly inspire me. There was only one part I actually found funny:

When we realize that the Subterranean invasion was all a dream.

I mean, I'm assuming some sort of plot appears...? Or is it meant to be entirely humour driven?

In comparison, the first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans was freaking good and I'm putting a lot of hope into this. What really makes me interested is that the characters and general atmosphere don't feel like a typical high school anime. Take Aldnoah Zero - it was a mecha anime, but the characters would have felt at home in any generic high school anime (they were all students after all).

Let's hope the rest of the anime continues to impress.