1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Get Smart Naruto Plot Idea

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Moridin, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Hey, I was watching Get Smart recently (the TV show, not the movie) and I was thinking that maybe we could do something like a mix between that and Naruto. Not a generic crossover as in 86 coming into the Naruto world, but rather an organization similar to CONTROL existing in Konoha, working as a sort of secret arm of the Hokage, beyond the Council (maybe they don't even know it exists). Think something like nonjon's DA Missions, except less parody and more humour - i.e. a more serious side of it. It could be a series of oneshots or it could be a general thing.

This could focus on the time when Naruto was growing up (before making genin), and explain what Jiraiya is doing in that time. The Hokage could be the Chief, and Jiraiya would be 86. Maybe Tsunade is actually, secretly 99, or better yet, Jiraiya, being a pervert, picks up a new woman as 99 each time. This storyline would have the potential to be a little more serious than the one below, I think.

Alternatively, we could have Naruto himself as 86, with Jiraiya being a pervier Chief. This could, maybe, focus on after Naruto leaves on his training trip with Jiraiya, and maybe includes after he returns, with him going on clandestine missions. Again, 99 could either be a specific kunoichi, or just a bunch of women that Jiraiya is pushing in front of Naruto in an effort to 'help him out'.

KAOS could be either the lower echelons of Akatsuki (instead of each of the villains operating their own spy rings, this is what Akatsuki uses when minor jobs are involved) or it could be the personal spy ring of Orochimaru, with a more Bond-Blofeld traditional rivalry, instead of different villains in each escapade.

What do you guys think?

2. pdo91

pdo91 Professor DLP Supporter

You mean like ANBU? :|

3. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I was going to say this sounds like the comedy version of ROOT.

4. Moridin

Hmm. Maybe. You could see it that way. OK, then, maybe the story would be of the exploits of ANBU, or maybe ROOT, with a Get Smart -esque tone to them, including the gadgets (obviously relative to the Naruto world), the cliches and the whole humour of the TV series.

Whatever the organizations and purposes, my main idea was basically to implement something like CONTROL in the Narutoverse, ANBU, ROOT, whatever you want to call it. The main focus of my idea is the actual situations.

5. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Third Year

How bout Root starts this way with Danzou at the head. You know in the recent chapters Danzou had a chance to stay behind to get some time for a group of Konoha nin to get home including Tobirama? What if instead of Tobirama staying behind, Danzou does, he gets killed and has a hero's death. Anyways what if Tobirama had given Danzou the OK to start his own little group of Anbu called Root. Root would pretty much police Konoha's nin and take care of any domestic problems and dangers (like spies and the such). What we see of Root in the manga is a perversion of Danzou's original mission. Anyway since Danzou is dead Tobirama tells Hiruzen about Root and orders him to take it over. Hiruzen then gives control of the organization to Jiraiya when he ascends to the Hokage position.

Of course there is now problems with the story line because I don't think Sarutobi would help Hanzou with the problems he was having with Nagato, Yahiko, and Konan. But maybe at that time Jiraiya is the head of the division when he gets the message from Hanzou, he thinks it's some major revolutionary thing that'll have a bad effect on the world. So he ends up in the position that Danzou was in, except once he sees who he's up against he turns on Hanzou and helps them.

Or it could be an agency that Sarutobi sets up in difference to Danzou and Root. Danzou has his own little force of ANBU that is outside of Sarutobi's control, so Sarutobi sets up his own little force that is outside of the Village's control (which includes Danzou).

6. Moridin

Yeah, the second option was basically what I thought about, but the first sounds interesting too. Though the first seems rather serious. It would make a good story, but my initial purpose was to aim for some sort of humour fic. It could be done that way, but mixing humour with the first storyline would take a master author.

Either way, anybody willing to write the story? I would, but I have a history of sucking at writing actual stories and stuff, so I'd rather not ruin a promising plotline...