1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Harry Potter and the Curse of V'ardian by Wujjawoo - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by ixazncha0six, Mar 25, 2006.

1. ixazncha0six

ixazncha0six Raptured to Hell

Title: Harry Potter and the Curse of V'ardian
    Author: Wujjawoo
    Rating: T
    Genre: Angst/Action Adventure
    Pairing: Harry/Oc
    Summary: Vampire Harry fights to fulfil two conflicting prophecies that may ultimately cost him his freedom or his life. SemiHBP compatible. HarryOC, Snape backstory. Dark Harry.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2535237/1/

This is a good fic featuring a Vampire!Harry. This is basically what HBP
    would have been if Harry was a vampire. Harry is independent while still managing to be friends with ron/hermione (ron/hermione are not really big characters here). The characters are all acting like they should except for Harry.

2. Galleon

Galleon DA Member

I love this story!, very cool and original idea! I don't think I've ever seen a fic like this before...the author stuck with the basic HBP plot. Not everything is the exact same though. Instead of keeping the Canon Harry, they made him into a vampire, the author added a new character into the mix, rid the Harry/Ginny pairing, thank Salazar, and Ron and Hermione aren't see that much, along with some other minor details. I'd highly recommend the fic.

Note to ixazncha0six- The book is the HBP(Half Blood Prince) not HPB. Also, it's easy to copy and paste the link, but it'd be quicker to just put a space between "link" and the link itself so people just have to click the button.....go laziness! Sorry if I sound nagging, but those little things tend to bug me...

3. ixazncha0six

ixazncha0six Raptured to Hell

Thanks I knew something was wrong when I put HPB :)

4. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

The story had already been posted in the Independent Harry section, but seeing as no one had replied to that thread I will keep this one. But use the search function next time.

5. parselmaster

parselmaster Sixth Year DLP Supporter

I looked in the independent section and never found it there.

This looks quite interesting. I'll read it later and tell what I think later.

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Havnt read this in awhile. I liked it at the first but as the story continued I lost interest. I dont think the elf thing sat well with me if I remember correctly.

7. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I finally read it. It ranges from barely readable to quite good, but never excellent.

There are just too many irritating elements here for me to really like this fic; Starting with Harry's varying levels of submissiveness, impulsiveness and lazyness, sprinkled with just the right dose of stupidity (especially in the first part), several ridiculous plot tools and ideas (Harry finds a book that has answer to any question in the world and then goes out to play in the snow) and at times idiotic characterisation (my favourite part: Ron's little sister is kidnapped by Voldemort and he is ECSTATIC because one of the Slytherin students is kidnapped too!!!).

That said, there are some really good parts too. Suprisingly, I liked the romance parts very much, as well as Snape's and Malfoy's characterisation - they turned good gradually and realistically, while keeping their dicks to themselves. Commendable. Oh, Harry's growing darkness was cool too.

BTW, I find it funny that in many Independant stories Harry hates Dumbledore's guts but he still works with him, while here, the old man had screwed Harry over countless times and the little prick still doesn't hate him... which doesn't stop him from killing him later on... Strange.

8. parselmaster

I have now read it and It was a pretty good fic, definitely not the best but not the worst by a long shot. The Elves threw me for a loop and I find that he mentions the Vampire prince twice, the first when bitten and the second when he first visits them. He mentions the prince would make a good ally but never really does anything with him. Also the fact the the leader of the vampires just allies with the light for basicly no reason. Harry killing Dumbledore was a little twisted but fine with me.

9. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

Yeah that annoys me too. He has lots of opportunities (A book which containes nearly unlimited Information, The staff of the Immortal, ...), but uses none. Also he should have left the elves alone, he already has lots of subplots which are rarely mentioned.

On the positive site I find his way of writing very good, and the romance is very well written. The two ideots are mentioned very little. This has also a very Slitherin!Harry. The whole atmosphere is pretty dark and malancholic.

10. parselmaster

ghst.san,
    I think you mean side and you spelled idiots wrong :) Not ment as an insult, I believe it is better to be informed than not.

I had forgotten about the book with nearly all knowledge. How cliche :puke:

11. sephiroththebrokenangel

sephiroththebrokenangel Fourth Year

Problems

I thought this fic was okay at best but a lot of things annoyed me.
    1. He spends time angsting over Sirius falling through the veil but he has a book that contains all knowledge in it that he never bothers to check through.
    2. While the vampire thing is very cool and its nice to see a non-slash vampire Harry fic, the biggest thing they do with the vampirisim is Harry angsting some more over how hes so disgusted to drink blood.
    3. Not that I mind but why did Harry kill Dumbledore instead of just letting Snape or Malfoy do it?
    4. Now I may not have read far enough or something like that but the most I read Harry doing with that staff thing was fixing it and then thats about it

12. well i dont care what the others say this has got to be my #3 greatest fanfic read of all time. Not the best ive ever seen but in my top 5. The epiloge was good too and the non slash vampireHarry was a great add on.

13. PsychicLunar

PsychicLunar Third Year

I read this a few weeks ago when I found it in some random person's favorites list. It wasn't bad, a good way to kill time. Of course, what bothered me were the many subplots and ideas used that didn't get tied up or were hardly mentioned. Many cliches, and really I didn't like the Snape daughter. (Plus I really wish that Harry would have drained Bellatrix.)

Other than that, it was decent. No slash and, though he barely came into play, I liked the vampire prince. However, there were so many confusing parts to it and not in the "good" way where it added to the plot. Harry's characterization seemed a little unbalanced to me.

14. BlackEaglejs

BlackEaglejs Squib

I liked it but the story had a few flaws. While I don't mind OCs, its tough to introduce them late in a series of books because otherwise there is very little time for character development. I believe that if you want to introduce an OC, you'd have to start it with a first or second book.

15. huntedorange

huntedorange Seventh Year

Ok can someone please tell the newbies about necro posting or i am going to seriously start ranting on one or two of them. I have managed to refrain myself so far but damn it, this was almost half a year out of date, thats just....wrong. grrrr. Plus putting another story in this thread because they cpuldnt add it elsewhere, WTF?????

16. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Thanks huntedorange for the heads up on the screwy post. No idea why the odd post with the German summary.

But don't sweat the so-called necro-posting. First off, his comments were relevant and expressed an actual opinion on this thread's fic. We gladly encourage any necro-posting when it's in the library and the poster has something halfway worthwhile to add. Further comments/reviews of library fics is always welcome. It's all the other sections of the site where people revive long dead discussions that it becomes tedious. And feel free to alert staff when that happens, but posting your own message in the thread bashing a "necro-poster" is every bit as wasteful and pointless as an actual necro-post.

Reporting the post was very much appreciated though so thanks.

And to get back on topic, I must add that I've not read this fic yet, but on this point...
    I completely disagree. Any time you have a use or purpose for a character, you can flesh them out and include them. Whether you can make a reader care about them or not depends on the skill of the author.

I mean let's pretend there's a post-OotP fanfic, introducing say a brand new Minister, a new Potions Professor many other characters have some previously unknown history with, a new student who's a manipulative pointless wannabe love interest tart, and flesh out a character who's only been barely mentioned in passing. Arguably 3.5 'original characters.'

That's Scrimgeour, Slughorn, Romilda Vane, and Blaise Zabini - all "new" in HBP.

OCs are by default less interesting to a fanfiction reader but if you've got a story to tell, sometimes warping known canon characters to fit the plot you want is worse than just making up a new name.

17. Kalen_Darkmoon

Kalen_Darkmoon First Year

I'm sorry but I just can't stand reading beyond the 20th chapter. Its far too painful to continue seeing everyone's complete obliviousness and utter stupidity. Voldie has gotten people into the castle how often? So please explain to me how an imposter or Imperioused Tonks teaching can go totally unnoticed by everyone including her lover, Remus? Harry notes her strange look and behaviors but completely blows it off?

At least in OotP the polyjuiced death eater really only had to fool one senile old man. Tonks is much more well known by everyone than Moody ever was. This is beyond ridiculous.

18. Kat89

Kat89 Guest

HI guys,

So I actually just found this site tonight, I was kinda surprised to see my story in another forum from the one I posted it in...

All of your comments about this story (from how it seems rushed to the existence of the 'all-knowing book' I agree with. It is far from my best. All I can say is thanks for reading, and if you want to read another angsty story of mine, visit my page (Wujjawoo) at fanfiction.net :)...Pretty sure all my other stories are better, particularly Strength of White :)

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2010
  19. frosty

frosty Muggle

look at the date before you bump a 3 year old thread thanks

20. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Don't be a dick, scrub.

She's the author, plus there are different rules for threads in the library.

As for the fic itself, I actually liked it when I read it awhile ago. If I remember correctly, it was nice seeing a vampire fic where Harry didn't turn into sparkly!vampire mark II.