1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Harry Potter and the Elves Most Fabulous by Steelbadger - M - HP/LotR

Discussion in 'Humor' started by Dark Minion, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Mordart

Mordart Slug Club Member

Understand some people are into more heavy based reading, but for a crackfic this had me grinning. I enjoyed it as a fun, relaxing read.

5/5

2. Azotez

Azotez Seventh Year

3/5

I have been following this story since the author started it and found it great and fun read at the beginning. It was refreshing, me having gone without a good crackfic for a while.

Lately, it has been getting less fun. It appears more like you would imagine an honest to god attempt at a super!harry xover written by someone much younger than the author. Harry being way more powerful than anything else and basically a little boy in a sandbox.

3. Philo Vance

Philo Vance Fourth Year

It's not flawless, but I don't think it needs to be. This is the kind of light hearted story I enjoy just flipping through and grinning once in a while. It's a fun little thing, 4/5.

4. approximate

approximate Squib

Having read only one Elf!Harry fic previously (and he wasn't really an elf in that story), I'm sure I missed out on the lampooning of more than a few such fics in the genre. (though I didn't miss your short homage to the other fic I just mentioned)

Liked the snarky, sarcastic, perverted, slightly paranoid Harry a lot.

Disliked the super!Harry aspect of the story, Elder Wand or not. Then again, I dislike super!Harry fics period.

Burst out laughing at the 'dwarf tossing' scene. I think I disturbed the neighbours.

Kept wondering if Gandalf would ever show up. I'm such an idiot. Of course he would be late.

4/5 for an enjoyable story.

5. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Professor

This is one of the most enjoyable fics I've read in a while. No matter how many times I've read the books or watched the movies, I find names in LoTR very distracting, which makes this fic so much more enjoyable with the way SB has handled it.

5/5

6. Webz2

Webz2 Squib

Havent read too many hp/lotr crossovers that i have enjoyed as much as this one. I give it a 4.5/5 for the humor and the way steelbadger wrote everything to either amuse or aggravate harry. Cant wait for the update!

7. Xion

Xion Robot Overlord Admin

Harry Potter and the Elves Most Fabulous has been updated with a new chapter.

Story Stats
    Chapters: 14
    Words: 29,271
    Updated: 2020-03-09 07:46:07 UTC
    Published: 2015-03-17 18:39:33 UTC
    Previously updated: over 3 years ago

Brought to you by Scryer story thread updates.

8. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Read the first 4 chapters and it’s a bit too eye-rolly for me.

I can see how this might hit the right vibes for some with humor/crack but I couldn’t get into it.

3/5

9. Xion

Xion Robot Overlord Admin

Harry Potter and the Elves Most Fabulous has been updated with a new chapter.

Story Stats
    Chapters: 15
    Words: 31,432
    Updated: 2020-10-02 21:40:01 UTC
    Published: 2015-03-17 18:39:33 UTC
    Previously updated: 7 months ago

Brought to you by Scryer story thread updates.