1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter: Hero of the Wizarding World? by JK Pratchett- M

Discussion in 'Humor' started by BlitherBlip, Sep 11, 2017.

1. BlitherBlip

BlitherBlip First Year

Title: Harry Potter: Hero of the Wizarding World?
    Author: JK Pratchett
    Rating: M
    Genre: Humour
    Status: Abandoned (Probably- hasn't been updated since 2013)
    Library Category: Humour
    Pairings: Harry/Many (not all at once though)
    Summary: An aged Harry reveals the scandalous truth about his youthful exploits. Read how a lying, womanising coward became the hero of the magical world.
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6050866/1/Harry-Potter-Hero-of-the-Wizarding-World
    • Fic is written in 1st person- and it really is from his perspective, everything that happens is influenced by his outlook on life and attitude.
    • All characters have been aged up to 16 at the start of book 1
    • Summary says it well- Harry is a "lying, womanising, coward", basically Flashman. He shamelessly abuses his fame and wealth, and spends the whole story trying to avoid all the danger that canon Harry gets into.
    • Harry wobbles between being a lovable rogue and a straight-up unlikable asshole, but he's always pretty funny throughout the whole story.
    • Not much more to say really. It's a fun read that had me smiling the whole way through.

2. TMD

TMD High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Isn't this story authored by a DLP member? I recall it used to be titled 'inglorious bastards' or something similar. Might be @Shinysavage iirc.

Either way I absolutely adore this story and i've read it more than once over the years. I love the interactions between the boys in the set, and the very novel and interesting - but consistent throughout - characterisation of Harry and co. On a couple of occasions I thought it was trying just a tad too hard to show off the old English public school nature of the characters, but it's easily balanced by all the times it's frankly hilarious.

While it's been at least a year since i've re-read it (and now that you've brought it up again I suspect i'll be re-reading it once more), my only dislike of this story is that it's unfinished.

Easy 5/5 for sheer enjoyment.

3. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Co-authored, actually, with my best friend. While we've never actually said to each other that we're not going to write any more of this, between all the real-life commitments we have between us, and the fact that we're in different parts of the country now, rather than ten minutes across campus, realistically it's never going to happen. Still, it's nice to see that people still enjoy what there is; in some ways this has some of the writing I'm most proud of in, and it's certainly the most fun I've had writing something.

4. Longsword

Longsword Banned

Sounds very much like Flashman.

5. JHunt

JHunt Squib

High Score:
    Or the Warhammer 40k Cain series.