1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Help with FF.Net

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Zeitgeist, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Since this subforum has a descriptor of "asking for help with your own fic"... Thought about posting this to Tech Support, but this has basically nothing to do with my computer. So here it is.

I've been meaning to post Summersong, updates for Under the Same Sky, and other Fanfic Vignettes, but every permutation of a password that I've used to access my FF.net Account is not working. I tried resetting the password for my FF.net account (Wimpole Street), but I haven't received a single email for password resetting. Checked SPAM Filters, and nope, still no email.

Emailed FF.net for generic help, and no response from there either. Does anybody have experience dealing with the FF.net admins? Does anybody know how to get a bloody response off them? Crap like this sort is why posting in WbA is less of a hassle, since the DLP Admins are at least more efficacious than the FF.net adminstration.

Got any advice? Should I just create a new FF.net account? And more generically speaking, what has your experience with FF.net been like?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  2. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

The admins from ff.net can be a bitch, but I would suggest double checking that your giving the FF.net admins the right email account. Also what browser do you use? I use Chrome and I have the email and password saved so I don't have to go with the hassle. I recommend it unless you use a public account.

3. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Try tweeting at them? It might help more than emailing, I dunno, I've never had to contact them before.

4. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

How old is your account? I know I've got accounts on other sites where I signed up years ago with an older email address that isn't my current one.

If you have older email addresses I would check those if you still have access to them.

And it might be stupid, but you are logging with your email and not your username right? FF.net is email username.

5. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

You don't necessarily need your old email address. Ff.net can be logged in to via Google, Amazon, Twitter, Mozilla Persona, Fiction Press, and Facebook.

If your account on any of those sites has the same email address, then it should be able to log you into fanfiction.net too. That was my experience with the Google login anyway. I can click the Google icon on fanfiction.net's login page and gain access to my account despite never specifically setting it up.

The only connection between my google and ff.net accounts is a Gmail address. It isn't even my original ff.net registration address, but something I switched to later on when gmail became my primary email service.

So, try those other login services if you have accounts on them Zeitgeist

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  6. Zeitgeist

I'll try tweeting at them. Hopefully, it expedites their reply to my email, lol.

7. gonzalvus

gonzalvus Squib

A few years ago i had the same problem, i sent them an email and it took them more than a month to answer. Regretfully their answer didn't help at all, having enough of waiting for a solution i made a new account. Hopefully you have better luck than I, more so when you have your own stories.

Good luck.

8. Comedy

Comedy Disappeared

High Score:
    I also had that same problem last year. I sent an email but I didn't get a reply.
    So I made a new account.

9. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

What's happened with this, Zeitgeist?

Did you try the alternate login methods?

10. Zeitgeist

All is good! The Admins finally replied back and reset my password. They took a long time, but as long as they did their job, I was happy.