1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Jason Bourne

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Starwind, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

7/10

I found it slightly amusing when theyre finding out its Nikki behind the hack and run her file. Biggest letters on it are "LINKED TO JASON BOURNE"

In the opening fight scene Jason could give Deadshot a run for his money with that shooting.

Killing Nikki... big move. Gives Bourne motivation. A fuck ton of it. Literally his only friend for the past 10 years.

The father plot didnt really interest me, he had enough motivation with Nikki dying imo.

Still not quite sure why the new female lead was taking Bourne being involved so personal and they didnt really show it either.

The facebook plot... eh.

Shining the light into the snipers eye was brilliant.

I liked how he was doing the chasing in the car chase rather than being chased for once.

The ending was probably the best bit. Reminded me of the scene with Pamela "shes standing right next to you" and the "you cant be in your office or we'd be having this face to face", just showed hes still one step ahead.

2. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    If you liked the first three Bourne films, you'll like this one. All the classic elements - bruising stunts and setpieces, shadowy conspiracies and at least one moment of Bourne being ridiculously and awesomely ahead of the game.

Thought the plot was a little weak - "these people killed the father we've heard literally nothing about in the previous trilogy!" - and relied a little too much on co-incidence (the Asset being the guy who killed Bourne's father *and* the guy who got tortured for two years because of the info Bourne caused to be leaked? Ok. But essentially, classic Bourne.

3. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Really liked the film, but it's been ages since I've seen the previous ones. I remember the first film as brilliant (that fucking pen scene), and the second as not bad. I honestly can't remember the third.

Not much to add on to what's been said - if you're a Bourne film, you'll probably like it. Explosions, car chases, and gun fights, linked together with a coherent plot. There's no real romantic subplot added, which is nice, and the supervillains don't have a moonbase, or unfeasible access to home built WMDs.

Shaky cam was a bit too much, and got overly frenetic in car chases and fight scenes.

Solid film, and I'd enjoy it again in a while. I'm not certain it will be as fun on a smaller screen, though.

And, of course, Moby.

4. Snapdragon

Snapdragon Banned

The movie is surely watchable but Bourne isn't really a planner like in the previous movies. He's more reacting to the circumstances on the fly and I can see how that might annoy some Bourne fans.

I actually thought the real interesting part of the film wasn't so much Bourne jumping through the hoops but the portrait of the CIA characters and the social media theme in the background. Old scrupulous bastard vs. sociopathic new generation up climber agent. They could have easily screwed up the end but didn't.

5. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    I though the movie concluded pretty well after the 3rd. This one felt like they were struggling to keep the franchise going and to tie it in with the others. They were reaching with it.