1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #7 - Concussion Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, May 5, 2016.

1. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Cobalt:

-Planting doc claim, managing to insert the vanilla claim and turnaround on it as smoothly as he did.

-Needs a role that fits with willingness to be tracked; what fits? The only scenario I can get is that he's a rolecop who learned exactly how many shots font had. Anything else feels nonsensical.

-With the above: needs to have no killed to work with doc claim once and then no killed again because ?????. And /then/ killed font when she's out of tracks

--If rolecop then why kill font? (one less voice to get lynched but everybody had him as second choice) If not rolecop then went with "lol I fucked up" to kill font (and presumably assumed that font had more shots?)

-Readied all of this on day two while aggressively fighting the one voice in thread that could have concievably persuaded us to lynch somewhere other than sloth.

Proph:

-Needs a teammate to have townread his slot and then run with it when louder voiced in thread agreed and to have aggressively invested in said townread after it solidified

-Jason would need to have made a really solid fake townslip without being coached

Cobalt needs to have played a pretty stellar game to be scum, proph pretty much needs to have had a teammate make a somewhat risky play towards his slot

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Acionyx

Did you read the part I quoted where Proph did the daychat thing? Like not just the bare fact that he thought scum didn't have daychat, but like - the progression where he's speculating about a possible rolecop result, and the series of posts where we go back and forth.

---------- Post automerged at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Also Prophylaxis Cobalt Acionyx y'all know deadline is like an hour away right.

I'm going to incessantly tag you guys at 6:30 to hammer Kai.

---------- Post automerged at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Also if this /doesn't/ end it, you should all post in your QT to end the night early. Seriously, I'm pretty done with this game one way or another. If it's not Kai, then it's Cobalt and Cobalt's 100% killing me tonight and taking Proph/Acio to F3. So like. Come on, I want to go to Obs already one way or another.

3. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Yep, here and rereading.

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Newcomb, I voted already it's up to Proph or Acio to hammer Kai because he self-voted. We're -1 with you, me, and Kai's votes.

5. Newcomb

if you're mafia, don't you dare wine me and kill Acio tonight or something.

---------- Post automerged at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Alternatively, if the last mafia is actually Acio or Proph, you should totally kill Cobalt tonight. Watching me have a nervous breakdown in-thread would be pretty funny /s

6. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Point me to it if you could

No if you're the last scum please kill me I don't want to go to F3

7. Newcomb

Nope I've earned it, plus I called dibs, neener neener neener.

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=919039&postcount=925

It's just that Proph "slipped" about not knowing there was daychat, it's the progression and the way he was thinking about / assuming / working from the assumption of no daychat to speculate with me.

I don't see Proph thinking to fake that as scum, ever. I suppose I could be 100% whiff there but when you combine it with the Jason stuff... just can't see it.

---------- Post automerged at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

*It's not just

8. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    N/M found it

Okay yeah the environment thing is pretty compelling

---------- Post automerged at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

So, Hammer Kai and hopefully free us from this nightmare?

9. Newcomb

Wait for Proph to finish... whatever it is he's doing.

10. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Sloth interaction analysis.

| denotes responding to a quote or a question, or an attack.
    - denotes a passive mention.

Multiple occurrences in the same post are redundant. If a post contains both | and - for the same player, only | is mentioned.

Some | may be demoted to - and vice versa depending on importance.

Code:
    Proph: |||-- 
    Ncomb: ||||--
    Acio*: ||||||-
    Kai**:
    Coblt: -

Citrs: ||||
    Snvon: ||||

This here is what is making me clear Newcomb, from Sloth:
    This reeks of "yeah, this guy is town, get this read out of the way" which was present in the Snowvon case.
    This is also a pretty genuine, "not scumbuddies" interaction.

The thing that kind of worries me about Sloth is with Acio, as I've seen scum pull the "PBPA two townies one scum" thing. Post in question. Though that doesn't really mean anything in a vacuum - Acio's like 9999999% town from other things, and that scumreading can easily be Sloth trying to set up Acio/Citrus as a mislynch.

Plus, I've never really seen Sloth interact a ton with a scumbuddy (I mentioned the past game Sloth was in, and he just poked Dermon a lot with one off questions) so for him to do it to Acio is.. kind of out of character.

Newcomb: I don't know if I can persuade you to do any more rereading, but what do you make of these Sloth posts?

Sloth keeps pushing on Acio like there's no tomorrow.

I'm rereading Day 2 and I don't think Sloth keeps responding to Acio about the cop check reaction if they were both buddies? I don't?

tl;dr: Sloth interactions are useless in a world where Kai is scum since Sloth did not bother to mention Kai AT ALL.

However, I am getting the paranoia fear again about Acio is scum, since I don't know if Sloth would try the strategy of scum!me and put both of his buddies in the hard-bus camp. Like.. Sloth interacted a ton with Acio, which is great, but my fear is that Sloth decided to go "we're bussing each other since I know you're scum" in the mafia chat or something.

Like I'm pretty sure I just need to reread all the reasons why I cleared Acio again to go back to clearing him, but I'm trying to approach the Sloth interactions with the mindset of "Does he know Acio is his scumbuddy?"

Sigh. I just hope Kai is scum so we can end this game already but I have a tingling gut feeling in my head that suggests that he's just town and playing poorly.

--

OK NEVERMIND I read Acio's posts in the Chocolate Pi game and I very much doubt him to be scum; his posts over there are just him doing some scant PoE analysis and a lot of one liners, which is very much different from this game.

I'm ready to hammer if you guys say so.

11. Newcomb

I'm reading those Sloth posts. Hammer at 6:50 regardless.

12. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Yeah I'm just a bit worried it's a case of "I know Acio is scum because he's my scumbuddy" but after reading that Chocolate Pi game a bit, those worries have mostly vanished.

Though to be honest - my gut says Kai is town, but I'm just looking around and thinking "man everyone else is just MORE town".

13. Newcomb

Yeah I'm reading stuff like this and the whole thing just screams "doubtcast."

Like, there's nothing about this that's going hard at Acio the way I'd expect scum to if they were in panic/ hard bus mode. It's all just doubtcast hem-and-hawing shit where he never actually says "this guy is totes mafia," he's just like "Newcomb you should be afraid this guy is fooling you."

I don't see Sloth doing that with his partner Acio unless he's super cheeky as scum, and my read of him is way more in the careful/reasonable flavor.

Yeah I mean.... again, anything is possible. I'd be pretty shocked though.

---------- Post automerged at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Yeah I got a bit of that with "why aren't people looking at Acio more."

I... could see it. But like... drop in the fucking bucket compared to everything that says no.

Plus Sloth wasn't like, Eido level scum where his strat was to just hardcore townside. He did bus Von, but only after Von was basically dying always because fonti and I scumread him hard, also Acio lol.

Sloth also threw a bunch of shade at Miner and demon, who are confirmed town. In kinda the same way as he did to Acio /I think/.

14. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Ah, okay. Yeah, I saw that as well, but then I was reminded of the very common scum configuration of (TOWN/TOWN/SCUM) when listing groups of three players, or something.

Hammer time?

15. Newcomb

Yeah, let's do it.

Also Cobalt Acionyx if this doesn't end, one of you please type "<b>Kill Newcomb</b> we can end the night early" in your QT, thanks.

16. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Vote Kai

I would put a gif in here but I'm not a meme master like Newcomb is.

17. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Day Five Ends!

Looks in mirror.

"Is that all you got, I'm the greatest there ever was."

Loud bang.

"Gonna lynch me huh, well, you look like the heavyweight champion of pimps."

"You say you're the town's champion?"

"Yes, Sirs!"

"Do you think you're acting like the town's champion?"

"Yes, sirs. I am not going to apologize to you."

"Well, we disagree, prepare to be lynched."

"What's my name? What's my name motherfuckers?!"

---

KaiDASH has been lynched!

---

Night Five End Timer!

Note: All flavor is courtesy of Waco. Thanks!

Moderator Note: Night will end as soon as any night actions are locked in, in QT.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Filler is mine.

19. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  20. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Day Six Begins!

"There is a scum in this group that does not belong. Identify it."

"One of us."

"Which one?"

"One of us."

"Aw, hell no."

---

"The next day will lead to a victory."

"Whose victory?"

"That is the right question. Program terminated."

Bang.

"I get it, somebody gets out of line around here you just kill them?"

Gunshot.

---

Newcomb has died in the night!

---

Livelist:
    Acionyx
    Cobalt
    Prophylaxis (r. Jason)

With 3 alive, it is 2 to hard lynch.

---

Day Six End Timer!

Note: All flavor is courtesy of Waco! Thanks!

Last edited: May 24, 2016