1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #7 - Concussion Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, May 5, 2016.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Vote Miner

Let me help you with that.

2. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Tell me how the question helps do anything and I'll answer happily

Demon reads town to me and titus' vote on them is trash. More specifically though: Titus' interactions in the game so far are with me and demon; she claims scumreads on both. Neither of us is going to vote for ourselves and she's not asking anything useful it's just various phrasings of "you are so scum"

It's easy as hell behavior for scum to use to look active and involved. It fakes ~looking involved~ by sounding strident and accomplishes nothing. Note that she doesn't appear to have any actual townreads and isn't attempting to get other people to give opinions or vote on either of me/demon

And as I just noted she has what appears to be a stronger case on me and isn't following through with the logical course of voting me. Instead she pulls a copout answer that amounts to "I'll join after someone else does the work of making you a mislynch"

None of this is showing a town mindset

Also bonus:

This is hilarious coming of of three games in a row of nailing multiple scum day one. Also it's an attempt to appeal to the odds.

3. demonturtle

demonturtle Squib

Sloth American Gods was fun, but I was terrible at it. No ifs, buts, about it. I latched on to experienced players' reads and didn't really do anything. That's one thing I don't get, even if you aren't sure about someone being scum, you should still put a vote on them? I'm not being coached and I was just trying to be more active with my posting.

4. Miner

Miner Order Member

fontisian I'm literally just following more experienced reads, and attempting to (evidently unsuccessfully) defend myself against attacks.

But sure, get the ball rolling.

5. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Additional Addendum: she's spewing buzzwords like she needs a promotion

6. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

While I work on my reads, is there ANY way to make it so I don't get emails or notifications EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. someone quotes and/or mentions me in a thread? This shit's polluting my mailbox.

7. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Okay first thing's first, Jason and miner11121, get avatars ASAP. You're already blending in my head as "those two new guys I'm not allowed to lynch D1", so like. Distinguish yourselves, please and thank you.

Citrus's first post gave me that "angry/frustrated" feeling I usually get when we're v/v. He might be town. Note of caution here: Citrus's first post thing "I'm the Priest" / "I'm scum and the team is X" got him townread HARD last game and he knows it.

Suuuuuper light to the point of almost not mentioning it light light light town on the tone here. Dunno if that's a joke a new player makes after rolling scum.

I've played twice on MTGS, twice on FantasyStrike, and maybe 6-7 times on DLP. My last game was Witch Hunt13 on FantasyStrike.

Something pings me about the fact that Acio's first post of the game answers Sloth's question but it's like a flat answer and nothing else. Not sure what it is, will revisit later. Might be something like, "I think town!Acio might use his first post of the game, as town, to ask a question back or turn around and poke someone else." Super thin. Not sure it's alignment indicative.

Citrus why are you asking a question that implies that me voting you was anything other than a joke to make the Trump image fit as a response to you.

Citrus why are you asking about RVS votes that obviously mean nothing?

huh I sorrrrta buy this as trying to run something on demonturtle a la Fluff in Hannibal mafia but if so, Mission Not Accomplished.

Yeah this is definitely reinforcing my "I'm angry/confused/frustrated by Citrus" thing which makes me think he's town, because that's how this tends to go.

TL:DR; Citrus is being too much of a shitgoblin to be scum. fontisian agree or disagree? (if you are not fonti please don't answer this question until she answers.)

Feels town in a "lack of guile" way. Proooobably Citrus/Jason not knowingly aligned but not going there this early.

"I'm offended Newcomb isn't townreading me for voting him."

Sorry Von :/ if it helps, it genuinely sucks that you rolled scum again. I like playing with you when you're town.

[​IMG]

Yeeeeeeeeah town? Town. Right? That's pretty blase for newb!scum.

First part feels like a preemptive excuse. Uh is miner is the guy who's "played elsewhere" but only some unspecified turbos or something? UGH Miner / Jason get avatars ASAP.

Acio no :/

Yeeeeeah I'm just going to pretend I have a N0 green on this guy I think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Slight townlean on fonti due to meta (Narutomafia / AGM the way she interacted with new players), but I won't insult her by giving her a firm D1 read one way or the other.

Yeah I don't see demon's question like that at all, given the context of Citrus's meta and demon's whopping one game of experience. The fact that you're pushing on this is pretty <_<

One of these games I'm going to strongly disagree with something Acio says. One of these games...

Don't think this makes Citrus town though. Citrus/Titus unaligned yeeeeah I buy that I think? Gun to my head if one of them's mafia it's Titus. Not scumreading her as strongly as you are though. I have a bit of meta (1 game) with her and she comes off as just suuuuuuuper scummy at all times. When she's scum, too. But like. I dunno, I'm more null. I could see town!Titus making all those posts.

Think of Titus like Prime if Prime wasn't aware that he was always bullshit.

Pretty town. Although miner is not a real newb. Hm. Yeah on balance that's still pretty town? Although there wasn't super pressure to vote. Ehhh. Going with light town.

Yeah okay light town +. I had such a similar feeling towards fonti in Narutomafia when I was new because it's like, unfamiler rules, someone is making sense, light townread just kind of happens. Ehhh I think regardless of fonti's alignment miner's pretty town for this.

Lack. Of. Guile.

I'm like 75% of the way to staking my newb town clearing reputation on Jason being town right now.

______

Hottakes -

Acio - probably town due to similar thinking and two games of that similar thinking meaning he was town. Not lynching toDay; pretty solidly town in my book and if he's scum his Towny Energy will fall off and it'll be more obvious.

Citrus - lean town for being a shitgoblin

Cobalt - lol Cobalt is playing wtf. Kiiiiinda want to clock clear never lynch Cobalt because if he's scum he'd have posted something instead of just forgetting the game existed, but.

Demonturtle - Ehhhh null. A few of her early posts had a weird tone that felt jokey in a fake way; need to go skim AGM to see if she came off as kinda naturally scummy like that. Not super interested in lynching toDay.

Fonti - fonti is immune to tonereads, you have to just look at the stark facts of "this is what fonti has done this game." So 100% null so far. Actually light town I guess, but fuck every single D1 I light townread fonti that's annoying as fuck.

Jason - N0 peek, so. Town.

Kai - Kai has failed me and is a bad shitposter. Anytime Kai can't be assed to shitpost effectively we should lynch him with great haste.

Miner - I've literally forgotten everything I thought about him that I may or may not have typed above. Whatever not lynching a newbie D1 anyway.

Sloth - (long so I spoilered it)

Sloth is totally mafia.

Let's talk about how certain types of personalities approach playing scum.

Also about how certain types of personalities approach their first couple posts in the game, as scum.

I like to call it "I'm extremely reasonable" / "I'm helping!" / "I'm careful."

Here are a few early posts from recent FantasyStrike games:

Okay so it's like - Sloth is just oozing that mentality / tone for me right now. Posts like this:

It's just like - "Look how reasonable and comfortable I am." It's so reasonable it comes off as crafted and fake and icky.

Like that end question to Titus - "You're a lot more relaxed than I remember you. Is that...normal?". That's such a nothing of a question. That leads nowhere, gives no information, is not probing. Nor is it pure off the cuff RVS "I'm town I don't give a shit." It looks like it's doing something but it's doing nothing.

Basically like - "trying too hard" / "I'm reasonable and even-handed".

And this. Just like, holistic / 10,000 foot view. Look how little this post adds to the game compared to how much it seems like it's moving things along and how many words there are.

Snowvon - Lack of Towny Energy. Could definitely see as scum. When Snowvon's town he has posts that are just... town. I can explain it better than this later. I could be wrong here, for sure. Not a lock for scum, just 100% Not Town. Don't want to lynch toDay; will solidify read D2/D3. Von if you're scum I'm sorry that totally sucks. honestly if you're town I'm sorry because your meta seems like it would suck to have, but like. It's so damn accurate :/

Titus - yeeeah I'm with Acio but with like 60-75% of Acio's conviction I think. Don't really feel "KILL HER SHE'S TOTALLY MAFiA" like I do with Sloth. Wouldn't fight a Titus lynch but eh. I didn't like her push on demon, I thought that was pretty mudslingy. She did something I liked that I'll have to go back and dig up. Slight scum I guess?

Aaaaaand that's that.

Vote: Sloth

8. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Thank fuck I was starting to get really paranoid about you

9. Newcomb

I was starting to get paranoid that no one had called me out on posting exclusively in Trump macros so vOv

10. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    You said this is potentially a town titus thing, does she just refuse to interact with the rest of the game

I know the dumb "trying to rattle an emotional response" deal is a thing around here but is it an exclusive focus as town?

11. Newcomb

Slight reads change: moving Sloth down from 80% mafia to like 60% mafia for the followup prod.

My crystal ball of mafia experience says this is not going to go well for you as either alignment.

LOL pretty sure Jason is spewed clear.

If Sloth is mafia Jason is lock clear IMO.

---------- Post automerged at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Nope. Honestly the DLP meta is a lot like FS but with less votal analysis and more hm. "Force of personality" lynches, I guess?

"Reaction testing" isn't a huge thing. It's definitely a Titus thing though.

Titus is one of those players who deliberately nerfs her towngame so she seems like she's really really good as scum, IMO. Not that I have a super duper amount of experience with her though.

---------- Post automerged at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Actually you no what, strike that.

The followup to Acio about who's the biggest scum threat - all that says is that Sloth is projecting careful / reasonable even harder. It's at least null, and it kiiiiiinda fits into my meta "this is what certain types of scum sound like in the early game" thing.

So yeah, let's kill Sloth.

Hi Sloth! I don't know you aside from the fact that Snowvon was super excited to play with you. Is Snow mafia with you? If you tell me I'll lynch him first, maybe.

Alternatively if you're town, what's the most alignment indicative thing that's been posted this game and why.

---------- Post automerged at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Oh my god I wrote "no" instead of "know"

/suicide

12. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    This one's actually a thing worth noting; his poke into titus rargling at me felt wonky and I can see it being a scum thing if titus is actually town

It had that mildly buddyish "uh you're wrong here but I want you to keep charging in stupid directions" feel to it

13. Newcomb

[​IMG]

I'm feeling like -

Sloth/Von/[Kai/Cobalt/random lurker]

or like

Sloth/Titus/X where X is maybe Miner or something?

Hey Acio do you know how to read fonti?

14. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Only when she's abrasive or blatantly town like WH14. Vague townfeels from her response about titus I /think

Also LMAO I literally just made your post in my QT

15. Newcomb

with or without the Matt The Radar Technician thumbs up macro

16. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Lynch: Sloth

---------- Post automerged at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

We aren't one just yet it seems

17. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

lynch miner

18. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Guys, pls.

Vote Citrus

19. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

EW I forgot I signed up for this game.

Phases are long right????

I have no less than THREE finals and a five-page research paper and my finals begin in the morning at 8 AM (it's 11PM) so I'm gonna go ahead and fuck off until tomorrow night k thx.

20. Miner

Miner Order Member

Newcomb I'm offended, don't you remember that great, awesome, exciting, totally not worth remembering conversation about Shaydrall? Cmon man!

But yeah I'll see about getting an avatar today or tomorrow.

I think my biggest problem in mafia is that I tend to draw suspicion due to lack of ability to scumhunt. Even while playing IRL games at parties, i wind up either staying silent and listening/agreeing with others or just following up on other scumhunts. Obviously, the people I've played with haven't done any analysis even close to what ive seen here. Call it bandwagony, but im gonna stick to the people that have made the most sense to me so far. I do still want to reiterate though, that I still suspect Citrus for fp claiming. Could only be either an attempt to deflect attention by drawing attention (if that makes sense) or an honest claim, both of which i wonder the motives to.

Edit: must we unvote if we want to change our vote or no? Im wondering for future reference.

Last edited: May 6, 2016