1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Monty Oum - Creator of RWBY - Passes away.

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Zeelthor, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

2. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

He had a severe allergic reaction to some hospital meds is what's been said. It's tragic and I wish his family the best.

I wonder whats going to happen to RWBY. I've never seen anybody do fight animations like Monty can.

3. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

I bet RWBY continues on, it would be something that he would want but I can also see the others not wanting to do it because it wouldn't be the same without him involved.

There's a special podcast on live & available to everyone at the roosterteeth.com homepage.

4. A Lightning

A Lightning Seventh Year

D: That's fucking depressing...

5. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I could barely make it through the first episode of RWBY and haven't touched it since, but that's a bad way to go out.

6. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fuck, man. I wasn't a fan of RWBY, but Monty Oum was a nice guy from everything I saw. He was a great artist and had a fantastic imagination.

Crappy way to go. I wish his family and friends the best.

7. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

The podcast is over and at the end they ran several clips of his RT stuff. It really makes me want to go and re-watch RvB seasons 8-10 again.

8. Zeelthor

I'm not sure why I'm so fucking bummed out over this, but I really, really am. 0.o

As for RWBY. I have a difficult time seeing how it'd continue. I suppose it depends on how far into season 3 they were. It's already got a pretty huge fandom so I hope it survives without deteriorating.

9. Cruentus

I think they will try to keep it going. Speaking business wise, Rooster Teeth has put a lot of effort and money into it. To not at least try and keep it going would not be good.

10. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

My question is whether they even can. Wasn't RWBY Monty's baby? Do they have/know enough to continue it?

11. Cruentus

Dunno, I hope so. If not then I hope they can come up with something competent. We'll just have to wait and see.

12. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    On another forum I heard it was a latex allergy. I used to know someone who would go into anaphylactic shock because of latex (and a dozen other things).

Someone was saying to me that Monty was pretty hands off RWBY and that he was working on another project now. The only input he supposedly had into RWBY was in voicing Ren.

13. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

I expect they would want it to continue as an homage to him. That said, I can see it going either way.

Very sad, the guy was young as well. Stupid allergies.

14. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Continuing RWBY was talked about by Burnie on the podcast a bit. Apparently he and Matt, along with Kerry and Miles of course, have a pretty good idea of where Monty wanted to take RWBY in the future. I think it's safe to say that it will be continued, just depends when that is. I also find it morbidly amusing that RWBY made it onto Netflix a few days ago, it's a shame that Monty wasn't able to see that. Still, he really did do an amazing amount in the 33 years he was alive.

I was legitimately bummed out yesterday. I'm not sure why to be honest since while I like Monty a lot, he was never one of my favorite personalities of RT. I love RvB but never got into RWBY (though I think I'll go watch it now just because.) Regardless, it blows that he's gone and while I'm sure RT will recover and move forward I suspect that it will never be quite the same. For those that are interested I think RT did a great job on the podcast, and it can be found here. The ending really choked me up, especially seeing Gus emotional since that pretty much never happens.

If you want something cheerier to remember Monty by I suggest you watch this RTAA

RIP Monty

15. Zeelthor

Might watch it later. Can't handle it now. It'd be shame for the show to crash and burn. I was really looking forward to seeing if they could take it up another notch.