1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

New game to play - Cybernations-esque but with major differences

Discussion in 'Flash and Spam Games' started by Aekiel, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hey, me and a few mates from Lunar Wars found an interesting game that's quite like Cybernations, but focuses more on the political and economic side of a citizen/nation simulator than CN does.

It's called Erepublik, and it's currently in beta, so not all of the features are activated (like the war system, which should be out in a month or two). It's invite only too, so you either need a friend with an invite to send (you get a grand total of 2 on joining) or you can join the alliance we've got set up. It's called Mundus Ironica, if you're interested.

We've got a system set up for people who are new to the game (whereby you sign up on our offsite forums - link already given - and we send you an invite so you can join), and if you join our irc channel we've got people who can help you through starting up and can help you get acquainted with the game.

IRC details are:
    Server - Coldfront
    Channel - #beneluxerepublik

We're centred in Bulgaria right now, in the Sofia district, and it's important to note that the location you enter when you sign up is also your starting point for the game. There are a lot of things, such as the economy and the military you join, that are linked to this so if you want to join up with us you'll have to set it to Bulgaria - Sofia District. We've currently got a quality 2 company going (which means only people with a food skill rating of 2.0+ can join (Sorry, we're still working things out too! :p)), but there are plenty of companies you can join in the meanwhile. We're also planning on setting up an arms dealership as well, for people with under-2 skill rating. The currency market is also very in-depth, with different currencies for every country and exchange rates that very from place to place. Quite realistic, though simplified from real life by a good bit.

Now on to the political details. The in-game system is quite advanced as political simulators go, with an in-depth President and Congress system based on player voting and user-made political parties. Our party doesn't run the country at this point, but the next election (held on the 1st of each month) is certain to grant us Presidency.

Well, I think I've said enough, so if you want to join in join us on the offsite forums and we'll get you an invite pronto.

Of course you're not obligated to stay with us, but we've got a good atmosphere going, and we're pretty well organised for a new alliance (there's currently 10,000 people playing the game, we have about 30 atm).

Links
    Game: www.erepublik.com
    Offsite Forum: http://www.download-inc.com/mi/index.php

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  2. Krull

Krull Denarii Host

CN is not a citizen simulator.

EDIT: Other than that, it seems pretty interesting.

Those the election last one day or is it like the voting system in CN?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  3. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

If anyone's interested, the DLP clan on CN is still going strong.

4. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It looks interesting, I'll sign up but i'm a bit confused. Do i sign up on the off site first, then post there and then make an account on the main site or sign up on both then post on the off site?

5. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Make an account on the game itself, then make an account on our offsites with the name you used on the game (so we know who you are).

Once all that's done, go here, copy the application from the thread into a new one, fill it out (it's real quick, more of a survey really), and wait for a minute until me or Raiizn (cool guy who does Internal Affairs for us) approves the application.

You'll want to join the Maroon Team, since it's awesome.

You'll want a Monarchy government, since it's benefits make it better then anything else, and you'll want to be in War Mode, not Peace Mode, since Peace Mode hurts your income and we protect you anyway.

Once the application is accepted, go back and click "Edit My Nation" on the game, go to Alliance Affiliation, "Specify Other" and punch in Global Order of Darkness. It'll mark you as DLP and we'll keep an eye on you to make sure no one comes knocking.

6. Aekiel

High Score:
    If you're talking about ERepublik then you go to the offsite forums first, post in the sign up thread, then I'll send you an invite ASAP. The game's still in beta, so they're limiting the number of people who can join. Hence invitation only.

If you're on about Cybernations then just listen to Xiph0.

Aekiel

7. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Yeah, sorry bro. Hijacked your thread since the other one still not deleted was Mid asking for trade nations :p

8. Aekiel

High Score:
    No problem :p.

Also, our alliance now controls the country of Bulgaria, so anyone wanting in is welcome. All the economic troubles of having a tosser for a president are gone now, so we now have money to pay our members >_>.

Aekiel

9. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

One thing that I do have to ask: Kolskit and I are twin brothers and he plays Cybernations on his computer in the other room. Can I play or are we on the same IP?

10. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Same IP, wouldn't work, unless you submitted an application - but there's a ton of restrictions that it's not really worth it. (No aiding each other and so on)

11. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Make a new one recruiting from here Xiph, I'll delete the other one

12. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Alright

gay word limit is gay

13. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Threw my hat into eRepublik, playing in Dublin, Ireland in the Fianna Fail party.

14. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

And what, may I ask, is wrong with Finé Gael?

15. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

It doesn't exist on this game.

Nor does Sinn Fein or 32SM. Just Fianna Fail and Ireland First.

16. Oz

Well that just sucks.How could they forget Sinn Fein after all the shit they've caused?

17. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

They didn't forget - they left it up to the community to found political parties.

I intend to found a Unification/Nationalist party asap, but it takes funds I don't have.

18. Oz

Ah, I get it now. How do you play the game? (Is there a newbies guide I could use or something?)