1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

New Pokemon Fanfiction published within the last year?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by sonny_yalin, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

First impression: this is the most wooden writing I've seen in quite some time. The characters feel a little like robots being pedalled into dialogue tags. The descriptions are the most awkward prose ever.

"Ash adamantly looked Growlithe in its eyes by use of his own." Yes. That's an ACTUAL line. What the fuck?

Tell me it gets better?

2. gamarad

gamarad Fourth Year

Are you sure about that? I've been searching and I can't find its library thread.

3. Roarian

Roarian High Inquisitor

Personally, I became rather impatient with Ashes of the Past as soon as he starts giving random people their memories back & the entire story doesn't really go anywhere. I'm not sure why he set up a time travel thing and then basically nixed 99% of the repercussions. Is it just supposed to be crack?

4. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Honestly, he should have cut out most of the filler and tried to finish it off at the 50 to 100 chapter mark.

5. Tutorial Boss

Tutorial Boss Seventh Year

If you don't mind OC-centric series, there's one of my favorite Pokemon pieces, Overused (https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/overused-pokemon.304268/). It's currently discontinued and being rewritten as 'Learnset,' link in the author's signature.

The characters aren't too angsty, they're interesting and well developed (if a bit annoying at times, but that's intentional) and the fight scenes are well-written. Not much to complain about. Plus the premise itself is interesting.

6. tn5421

tn5421 Squib

It's actually kind of funny that the only good naruto/pokemon crossovers I've read were 50% PokeGirls (the others being The Rise of Chaos by Speedy Spazz & The Number 1 Hyperactive, Knucklehead Master by Kenichi618)

I would like to see this as well, if a #second is required.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015