1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Not Go Gentle by Cloneserpents- M

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Red PittBull, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Red PittBull

Red PittBull First Year

Title: Not Go Gentle
    Author: Cloneserpents
    Rating: M
    Genre: Horror/Tragedy
    DLP Category: General
    Pairing: Harry/Hermione/Susan Bones/Daphne Green Grass
    Summary:War wages on and Voldemort proves why he is the most feared wizard. Harry struggles against Voldemort's tyranny even with something horrible lurking inside him Post-HBP HP/HG/SB/DG DARK HARRY
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5399481/1/Not_Go_Gentle

His summary isn't necessarily the best. It looks to be one of those Dark/Demon Harry stories. I like it because he seems to be taking his time to get the full characterization of Harry instead of changing him over night which is the general cliche. Not to mention his update rate seems to be excellent on this story. And the general tone of the story is dark, while not being angst.

3.5/5 with a high chance of improving.

2. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

You like getting stones shoved up your urethra Red Pittbull? I can't believe anyone would waste their first post like this.

The summary is worrisome. War rages on, it doesn't wage itself. Tyranny happens when someone already controls a government, which isn't the case.
    It can't compare to the story though.

The author's got the mechanics of it down, but there's not a single instance of good prose that made me wish I had wrote it. The best thing you can say about the writing is that it's serviceable.

As of chapter 4, the only smut scene involving Harry is:

So, while Harry has a wet dream, Draco has all the actual sex, with irrelevant Hermione and Ron having heavy-petting sessions thrown in there for some indiscernible reason.

Whenever this guy writes smut, it embodies those twisted, fucked-up Japanese hentai you see but disgusts you too much to actually watch. It has the same seedy, cheap, perverse feel.

I wouldn't be surprised if the "forced incest" is the Weasleys.

1/5. High chance of improving, but only because it's at the nadir of quality already.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  3. Red PittBull

Red PittBull First Year

I don't really count sex with Pansy as sex at all.

And a good stone crammed up there every day or two is good for you.

4. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Eh, I just realize I've been had. Congrats. Only a troll would recommend this.

5. Red PittBull

Red PittBull First Year

I'm not denying it, it has some weird parts. But I overall like the story.

6. QuixoticStoic

QuixoticStoic First Year

I have been following the story to pass time.

There is some weird shit in this story.

7. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No wonder this guy seemed familiar, he's the author of Cracked Mirror. Meh, I liked that alot more than this.

Take a note of this fic's genre. Horror/Tragedy. Can't see how he could make it work.

2/5, because it's legible.

8. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

9. Red PittBull

Red PittBull First Year

... Good damn question. I think the spell checker did it.

10. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

I've seen it 'round on ficwad a few times and I've read bits and pieces. None of it has struck any chords of interest in me. Moreover, some of the weird things Clonserpents writes puts me off.

2/5. Same as Clerith. Readable but only if you like the weird stuff he writes.

I internally giggled at "vile fiend". Somehow that doesn't have the same impact as other terminology...

11. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

I personally like the story myself. I haven't seen a story written like this before. I'll give it a 4/5 even though it'll piss other people off, but I like the story.

12. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

If you read this story for the lulz, it works.

13. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Unfortunately for the story the Library isn't "for the lulz."

14. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

5/5, higly recommended

15. Portus

Portus Heir

Read the first chapter over on FicWad on the basis of the quality of the author's Screams universe fics; disappointment ensued. [The Screams universe is something I enjoyed very, very much, and highly recommend.]

I don't know, I suppose my wtf-sense was tingling and I knew I wouldn't bother with anything past that first chapter, seeing as it was labelled with warnings of rape and non-consensual sex, etc., and now I hear in this thread about forced incest and pecker mangling? No thank you.

And Oz, I've no earthly idea what has caused you to switch your sig/avatar back to that unholy... thing, but bravo on making me squeamish and feel like turning to make sure no one is looking over my shoulder every time I see it on the screen. Seriously, good show.

2/5 for being technically sound.

16. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

The story is sound, if a little concerning (the author spends too much time on Draco getting his thing on from raping people).

It feels like Cracked Mirror with a little more plot to it – and Cracked Mirror is an awful smut story with enough gross shit in it to make the smut unenjoyable. I can only imagine what will happen when in the chapters after Harry has broken free from Voldemort are published.

2.5/5 for being readable if distastefully crafted

17. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

Read it. Hated it.

Seriously, I found this fic disgusting.

18. Raining Ink

Raining Ink First Year

I couldn't get all the way through it. I'll admit that this isn't the kind of thing I usually read. It seems to be too caught up in graphic physical/sexual torture without the plot to back it up, even though it doesn't seem to be an intentional pwp. It's not that original, and it lacks some of the psychological elements that might actually make a fic like this interesting.

I was grossed out at first. Then it just got boring. Blah. 1/5.

19. MonCappy

MonCappy Fifth Year

The latest chapter completely turned me off both this story and the author permanently. In the latest update, Hermione was rather brutally raped (as if there is such a thing as a gentle rape) and since she is my favorite character, I truly hated it. As far as I am concerned, nothing the writer writes from this point on would be something I would consider reading.

20. Red PittBull

Red PittBull First Year

Well, it says in the warning section that it includes rape of canon characters by canon characters.

This story is getting weird. But it still holds my interest. I like the writing style and the way he is developing the plot.