1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Person of Interest

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Starwind, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Rache

Rache Headmaster

I like God Mode more than Naruto's Sage Mode.

2. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

Samaritan gets to you like that

3. Rache

Rache Headmaster

Seriously, that kid who is the voice of 'Sammy' is totally creepy.

4. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Chief Warlock

The kid who's the voice of "Sammy" is one of the worst possible casting decisions I've ever seen. God the acting is so, so bad. Worse than Anakin in the Phantom Menace.

The rest of the show is absolutely fucking amazing though so it more than makes up for it.

5. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Agreed. The conversation between analog interfaces was supremely cringeworthy, with he kid being the kid and Root trying to look serious and intimidating. I don't know if it was how the scene turned out or the actress not being able to act it, but she does a much better job when she's being the quirky cute killer. Just doesn't have a good enough Badass Stare of Doom imo.

Personally, I would've preferred a suave 20-something British guy in a suit as Samaritan's literal mouthpiece, for contrast between him and street chic Root.

Since we're talking casting, I was surprised when I first saw Control. I was expecting an older guy, or some slim lady in her 50s like Joan Allen. This big woman kind of reminded me of Amanda Waller (the big version). I was like wtf at first, but in hindsight, I like her in the role. Boris McGiver also lampshaded the typical superspy trope - he's not the most handsome guy, he's balding for Chrissake. Hersh was one of my favorite recurring characters. I was sad to see him go.

Jim Caviezel's manly whisper has me constantly going from "hey, that's pretty cool" to "that's the POI equivalent of Bat-voice".

Michael Emerson is the best casting in the series. Guy's a legend in his role.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  6. sage1000

sage1000 Fourth Year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrCkfAXrJTo

A reminder of just how awesome the series plus a little tease for season five tacked on the end.

Does anyone know if it is confirmed that the upcoming season is its last?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  7. James

James Unspeakable

Loved the teaser.

Only thing: I loved the Finch's "kill them all" moment in the episode, but here it's included very awkwardly, I think.

8. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

Necro because the show is back baby!

So yeah Person of Interest is back for it's 5th and final season, and it has a super weird schedule!

Episode 1 was yesterday May 3rd.
    Episode 2: Monday 9th
    Episode 3: Tuesday 10th
    Episode 4: Monday 16th
    Episode 5: Tuesday 17th
    Episode 6: Monday 23rd
    Episode 7: Tuesday 24th
    Episode 8: Tuesday 24th
    Episode 9: Monday 30th
    Episode 10: Tuesday 31st
    Episode 11: Tuesday 7th
    Episode 12: Tuesday 14th
    Episode 13: Tuesday 21st

Just a PSA

9. The Iron Rose

I forgot we had a thread for this!

Season opener was kinda weak since it was really more of a follow up to YWHW than a season opener in its own right. Still fantastic.

10. ScottPress

High Score:
    I disagree completely. There was a cliffhanger at the end of season 4. They could have just gone over it, starting with the team already trying to fix the Machine, but they decided to resolve it and did so in a satisfying way. The first few minutes were great, with the music and direction, kind of reminded me of the opening of The Devil's Share. I enjoyed Reese being badass, some much needed gratification after the wait.

Season 3 was the best of the first four. Season 5 being the last one I hope they don't pull any punches and close the series on a high note.

THE HYPE TRAIN HAS LEFT THE STATION, CHOO-CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  11. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

I'm actually glad they decided to immediately follow YHWH. They're living in a Samaritan world now and it would have been bullshit to handwave away those ramifications!

1 year of hype, suddenly coming to fruition. Its gonna be an amazing couple of months!

12. The Iron Rose

Oh I'm glad they followed YHWH. It was definitely the right move, but as an episode in its own right I felt it was weaker than it could have been is all.

also glad to see our heroes continuing their policy of bankrupting samaritan via expense knee surgeries.

13. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

Samaritan won't even see it coming, the individual installments for each agent is too low, but when they add up....

That's how they get ya!

14. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

That was a pretty funny episode!

And very eventful too, so many interesting things happened with the machine!

15. ScottPress

High Score:
    There are four episodes left at this point. I'm really wondering how it's going to conclude. When season 5 was confirmed to be the last, I was honestly expecting it to be one big plot involving battling Samaritan at every turn, but the team is still checking off numbers. The latest episode felt kind of rushed. They wanted to bring the Voice from the 911 episode back and everything seemed to fall into place perfectly, like puzzle pieces. I totally didn't feel like Reese and Fusco were in any kind of peril in the big gunfight.

I don't see how the Team can defeat Samaritan in four episodes, unless they're not meant to. If the show is going to pull some twist, like having the team lose or, I don't know, having the Machine merge with Samaritan or the Machine will find a solution the duel of mini-Machine and mini-Samaritan, I may reconsider my opinion that so far, this season has average. But they have to make it good.

16. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

I'm hoping that the titbits of knowledge that we've learnt about Samaritan and it's operation tie into the final plan. Either that or the next 4 episodes are mostly serialised with a central plot that build towards a final conclusion.

But after 4 seasons I trust them to tell a good story that will satisfy and surprise me. They haven't failed yet.

17. ScottPress

High Score:
    Oh, I am expecting them to do something surprising, but I do think four episodes might be too tight. Sure, they may be able to fit everything in, but I'm not so hot on that possibility after Sotto Voce seemed so rushed to me, mostly because they included like four storylines that eventually were tied down to two. Root and Shaw's reunion didn't have the punch I thought it should have imo. I understand giving everyone something to do, but with Elias in the mix it got too crowded. There's only so much you can fit into 45 minutes.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  18. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

I heard the network pushed procedural number of the week episodes on them so I guess rushing and overcrowding was bound to happen. CBS can't even kill the show properly.

19. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So, do I start at episode one or can I enter this later when it gets good?

20. The Iron Rose

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/04/22/person-of-interest-the-episodes-that-will-catch-you-up

Season 1 of PoI is pretty universally acknowledged to be mediocre. I would add a couple of episodes to IGN's list, namely season 1, episode 4 since it's actually fantastic. Episode 6 since it introduces an important character. Episodes 10 and 11 are also quite good as well. Finally, episode 19 is also really good as well, and episode 20 has a lot of backstory for Reese.

I'd watch probably every episode from season 2 on, because that's about when it gets really good.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016