1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Person of Interest

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Starwind, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Tapi

Tapi Third Year

100th episode was a real killer....

Both elias and root died but both got awesome send offs

2. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think I was spoiled by The Good Wife when it comes to handling deaths of major characters on TV. I was honestly surprised
    when Root died
    but it wasn't a Holy Shit moment like Samaritan's activation. Again, I feel like there was a bit too much crammed into this episode.
    Shooting scores of bad guys in the streets. Elias being so Elias-y in his screentime, what with convenient secret gang safehouse and how he's a great cook even in a meth kitchen. Root being quirky and insightful. Shaw being emotionless.

But the episode is saved by being focused around Harold, who was the best part of it. And
    when the Machine spoke in Root's voice, while not exactly terribly surprising (analog interface and whatever), was a nice touch.

I got a vibe at the end that Harold is going to do something dramatic. About time, I say. Hope I'm not wrong about this.

3. sollol

sollol Second Year

I did not quite understand why Harold choose to make The Machine a close system again. It came totally out of the blue for me. Perhaps I did not watch the last episodes attentively enough, but I certainly remember that at the beginning of the season, Harold vowed to let The Machine be an open system.

It felt just like a way to create a conflict with Root, to give her the chance to have that last monologue in the car.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  4. Nae

Nae The Violent

God I'm so sad about Root, though the Machine picking her voice is kind of awesome. I would've liked to see more of the Shaw/Root dynamic.

Harold unleashing his inner Benjamin Linus is gonna be cool though.

5. ScottPress

High Score:
    Wow... Team Machine...#2?

If it turns out that the Machine has been recruiting former irrelevant numbers, it's gonna be the greatest twist ever, especially since it makes sense in-universe. They're at war with an enemy that's as close to deus ex machina as can be. Why wouldn't the Machine have a team in Washington and everywhere else? Of course, they'd have to somehow explain how/why the Machine overrode Finch's observe-only protocol. But this is cool enough that I'd be willing to handwave a retcon.

After last week's big Finch moment, his subplot here was underwhelming. So his "immoral solution" is a virus developed by the govt that will shred Samaritan, but with collateral damage? Tbh it's kind of disappointing, unless it turns out to be like the Destroy ending from Mass Effect 3: collateral damage will lead to cataclysmic worldwide consequences, taking humanity back to a pre-digital age or something, collapse of economy, deterioration of society, all to defeat Samaritan. If they had the balls to do something like that, I'd be all for it.

Episode was uneven again, but better than the last one. Actually reignited my hype for the finale.

6. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Fantastic episode.

This season has really stepped things up. I sort of like how Shaw was wrote out for a bit tbh as well.

7. ScottPress

High Score:
    Apart from the fact that I have a problem with the hole premise of "sudden mega-death-cyber-super-virus-of-doom", the latest episode was good. Looks like
    Finch pretty much axed both the Machine and Samaritan.

I wonder how they'll top off the series. Maybe the finale will completely blow me away like the show has done before, but if I were to rate season 5 right now, I would say it really hasn't gone like I thought it would. I think they wasted a fantastic opportunity with
    Team Machine #2, because it looks like it was just a fun variation on the typical "number of the week" episode.

Even if the finale is amazeballs fantastic, season 3 remains the best of the series.

8. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

I agree. Season 5 is slowly disappointing me more and more.

For me it's 3=4>5>2>1 right now.

9. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Chief Warlock

One hell of a series finale. This show has truly been some of the best TV I've watched. this latest season was a bit rushed thanks to network fuckery, but it's been fantastic nonetheless. Even if season 1 was admittedly, hah, by the numbers, I've been hooked since episode three and Relevance. I'm really glad I decided to stick with it, because the showrunners took something and made it incredible. I'm sorry to wish all our characters goodbye, but happy that this show was brought to a satisfying conclusion.

And hey, no goodbye is truly forever. I look forwards to seeing them all once again, on AO3 and on ffn.

10. Feanor

Feanor Third Year

First series I watched from the pilot to the end. Amazing journey.

11. sollol

sollol Second Year

Maybe, just maybe another network will pick it up, a spin-off in another city with new protagonists or, much better, a season 6 with some of the current characters. The ending certainly left that a possibility.

As far as I know, the ratings were still good and the show still has plenty of fans left, so perhaps another network might be tempted.

One of the rare shows that started strong and still got better with each season.

12. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    Has there been any rumors about a spin off series about the machines other squads?

I hope it continues

13. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

I personally think that the last season, even if rushed and generally of lower quality, was a fitting ending to the series and its characters and I have to say that I don`t think a continuation is that good of an idea. Going back to the episodic, save person of the week, format doesn`t seem that interesting to me and at the same time inventing a new global threat/antagonist after Samantha is in my eyes even worse storytelling.

14. ScottPress

High Score:
    While I think the series deserved a full season for its last hooray, the finale did the best it could and it was enough. Some well-deserved emotional moments, even if Reese's goodbye with Finch had me going "look out for the bad guys, idiot!".

My complaints about season 5 stem mainly from it being rushed in some episodes, but that was the network's fault for cutting S5 down to 13. Season 3 is still the best season of POI, but I liked the bittersweet notes in the finale. Reese and Root died for the cause, but Shaw took up the mantle and Finch got his happy ending. I'm satisfied.

RIP, Mr. Reese.

15. sollol

sollol Second Year

There are no immediate plans, but the creators of the show have not ruled it out. It is very unlikely that there will be a season 6 or a spin-off, but at least the script of the final season left it possible. The actor who plays Finch already said that he would be up or it, but that is probably what actors tend to say.

16. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Loved the episode and I hope that they don't make any more episodes. I'd be happier with Person of Interest bowing out gracefully instead of dragging on for eternity.

Major spoilage bruh.