1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pottermore Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Another Empty Frame, Jun 16, 2011.

1. brad

brad Third Year

Yep. Pottermore satisfies all of the criteria set out by the definition of 'canon' - it's work of the author, it's accepted as authentic by the readers, etc.

I don't *like* Pottermore being canon - I detested Rowling's attempts to 'force' her fans to think her way with the infinite number of interviews she conducted, the TV documentary where she said with a sour face "I know it's not official, but I want people to kowtow to how I see Harry and his friends after DH, because it's my world" (my slight rephrasing :)), how she won't let go, and most particularly how she just says anything that comes into her head with zero thought (but hey, she made billions doing something like that in the first place) - but yeah, it's canon.

It's canon that is probably inconsistent with the books, but that's normal for Rowling; 'book' canon was internally inconsistent also.

2. The Pro

The Pro Seventh Year

High Score:
    What's your wand?

So I recently joined Pottermore and got sorted in a Hogwarts house, got sorted in my Ilvermorny house and discovered my Patronus, in that order. I just found out that my wand is

Some more information on my wand:

So here's the question to all here on DLP. What wand chose you? What do you think of that wand?