1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Pursuing Happiness by Matdeception - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by crimson sun06, Feb 7, 2015.

1. crimson sun06

crimson sun06 Order Member

Title: Pursuing Happiness
    Author: Matdeception
    Rating: M
    Genre: Friendship/Romance
    Fandom: Naruto
    Pairings: Undetermined
    Summary: Naruto and Kyuubi make the best of eternity by pursuing the happiness of others. Benign intentions laced with challenging aspects to assure they aren't entirely bored through out the centuries.
    Link:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10984424/1/

This one came up for discussion in one of the threads and it had a fairly positive reception.

For some reason it wasn't put up for review.

I thought I'll remedy that.

Is it the most epic fic ever written?
    Probably not

But what this fic has managed to do so far is fulfil the promise it made. I rate fics on their originality, characters and storytelling in general.
    It has a fairly unique plot, very good character interactions and brilliant storytelling. Naruto is particularly fascinating character.

Don't be fooled by his pleasant mannerisms. He is almost sociopathic in the means by which he reaches his goals. Doesn't matter that the goals are ensuring other's happiness. Something which is evident in the first few paragraphs.
    The author does a very good job of not going too deep into fluff territory. Another strength of the story is that you really can't tell what's gonna come next despite knowing the endgame.
    It has a few weaknesses and Naruto may seem Mary-Sueish but has a very good reason to be so. A solid 4.5/5 rounded to an even 5.

2. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I like this story, I'm hoping that Matt putting it up on FF.net means he's working on it. I've been wanting to see more of how hundreds of years old Naruto will go about this iteration. Sakura's character is a breath of fresh air and I'm liking the team set up so far. Sadly there isn't quite enough to really be able to judge the fic.

3. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

I swear I've read this story a few years ago. Might have been a similar premise, but it seems so damn familiar...

I've always enjoyed a good Time Loop story; hell, I've even enjoyed bad ones before. There's just something about the Groundhog Day premise that clicks with me.

This is one of the good ones so far. The characters are interesting and entertaining, especially Naruto and Sakura.

It's too soon for me to give it a rating, but as long as it keeps up this quality I could see it at a 4/5.

4. crimson sun06

crimson sun06 Order Member

I think the word count is deceptive. For a story under 50k it really didn't beat around the bush to get to the main plot. Keep in mind it is not an adventure tale. Its main genre is friendship and I think the author has delved deep enough into it.

5. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

This story is OLD.

Like... fucking ANCIENT.

We're talking 2011 old. That was the last time it was updated.

6. Russano

Russano Disappeared

Enjoyed this alot, I'm a sucker for both groundhog day time travel and teacher Naruto. Curious to see where it goes, most stories with this sort of premise tend to run out of steam fairly quickly.