1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Reunions are a Bitch by Bob Regent - T - Stargate/nBSG

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by Lord Ravenclaw, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Title: Reunions are a Bitch
    Author: Bob Regent
    Rating: T
    Genre: Crossover
    Summary: A clash of ideologies will cause widespread death and destruction for two races both alike and strange to the other. SG1nBSG xover
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3546854/1/Reunions_are_a_Bitch

This is a fun story. What happens when the Colonials, know of Earth's varied beliefs and are sent to "liberate" the 13th Tribe from the Tau'ri overlords.

EDIT by Minion, April 7, 2012:
    The author completed part one in February 2012 and hasn't decided yet if he'll post the next part as a separate story.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2012
  2. Methene

Methene Auror

Is this relating to the re-imagined series or the original series. I ask because I have not seen any of the original series episode but I am a great fan of the later.

3. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

It's new BSG. I'll clarify. Old BSG has a lot of flipped genders, different unit names, and can actually fight better than a blind kitten.

4. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

Heh. I've done some work for this story. Stuff from figuring out the logistics behind things, analysis of the cultures involved and how that led to this conflict, and analysis of what the Colonials can figure out from the data they have. Suffice it to say, this war is going to get worse for all involved, and it's pretty fucking bad already (with Earth having been bombed to hell, one Colonial world dead, and something like 3.5 billion Colonials dead or dying due to the flu or the radiation on Picon). By the time that they could talk, they're not going to want to.

5. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

It seems more like the flu they're dying from. The radiation got some and most likely weakened their immune system furthur but its mostly the flu from... well I cant say really but lets just say that if you thought the flu mutates fast on earth... You've not seen it on the Colonial planets.

That's right. I cough at you good sir. Good day.

6. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

Heh. Yeah. About one billion died on Picon, and two point five billion will fall to the flu according to early projections and number crunching (though Ash may change his mind). Using the Spanish Flu as a baseline, it had a global mortality rate of 2.5% to 5%, with about 20% of the population suffering. If we assume superior Colonial transport networks, the evacuation of Picon (something like a billion plus dead or left for dead there), and the epidemiological virgin field, then we have an assumption of an infection rate of around 60%. That could produce a 10%+up Colonies Wide mortality rate, or around 2 billion plus resulting dead from the flu. Add in the dead of Picon and we have a number between 3 to 3.5 Billion, or an average of around 17.5% of the total Colonial population.

And the Colonial media is assuming that the flu is a biological weapon that was deliberately used by the Tau'ri.

7. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Meh, the opening chapters to this story are okay, but beyond that it fails to maintain my interest. There isn't really any plot, nor any interesting character interaction, it's just a war with a foregone conclusion. There's only so much action one can read before wanting something more.

8. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

True but there are just some days where you just want to read someone kicking someone's ass.

9. Amadan

Amadan Second Year

It's been updated.

10. Kraken

Kraken Sixth Year

Updated again. Finally a fight after too many chapters of filler. It's alright, but still leaves too much hanging.